• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

What round does he project to go in?

Unless they don't like anybody in this draft and are holding out hope for Winston.

Maybe I am wrong. I just am down on Reggie/Allen. They may take a QB, but I just think at 5 they will want an immediate contributor

Landry I have seen anywhere from late first to 3rd round. Doubt he is there for Eagles if they wait until the third round, but it really is a deep WR class. I've heard the Montcreif guy from Ole Miss compared to Josh Gordon, and he's projected to go in the 2nd round!

Jason_OTC ‏@Jason_OTC
In the last few years #raiders have now spent draft picks on Palmer, Flynn, Pryor, wilson, Campbell and now Schaub

Just can't evaluate the position

WTF are the Raiders doing? Just terrible.

Maybe I am wrong. I just am down on Reggie/Allen. They may take a QB, but I just think at 5 they will want an immediate contributor

A Fifth round isn't a bad pick up for Schaub, as most 5th rounders aren't generally considered starter quality.

Just can't evaluate the position
Also that fact is misleading as Palmer was traded for by a power-hungry Coach (Hue Jackson), the others by an Old man who would forget the previous agreed upon numbers for guaranteed money when negotiating Free-Agency (Al Davis), McKenzie traded for Flynn, who looked awful for us, but did alright when he went back to GB.

Wes

venison crêpe
Surely guarantees them a quarterback in the first round now for the Vikings? Texans, Jags, Browns, Bucs ahead of them but can't see the top three being taken by the time Minnesota rolls around at #8.

Or do the Raiders still pick a guy and sit him behind Schaub?

The last Dolphins jersey I got was Zach Thomas. Honestly a Wake jersey would be amazing, he's been the best player on the team every season he's been with them.

EDIT: A gift for everyone this fine morning:

nfl_g_thomas_576.jpg

I have Thomas and Marino, I really want a JT and I guess I'll get a wake jersey, hopefully Tannehill is next lol

Damn to bad that blackcloud guy got banned -_-
It seemed to happen when gata was "sleeping" which leads me to a theory: at night when the moon is just right gata turns into werewolf-mod-gata and bans those who have angered him during the day. When he comes to his senses in the morning he has no recollection of the previous night (he thinks he was just sleeping) so he honestly thinks he is innocent and didn't contribute towards anyone getting banned.

Of course, I will be long gone for posting this in a short matter of time, but I feel that it is a worthy cause. The truth must be known!

I have Thomas and Marino, I really want a JT and I guess I'll get a wake jersey, hopefully Tannehill is next lol
You are a good man.

It seemed to happen when gata was "sleeping" which leads me to a theory: at night when the moon is just right gata turns into werewolf-mod-gata and bans those who have angered him during the day. When he comes to his senses in the morning he has no recollection of the previous night (he thinks he was just sleeping) so he honestly thinks he is innocent and didn't contribute towards anyone getting banned.

Of course, I will be long gone for posting this in a short matter of time, but I feel that it is a worthy cause. The truth must be known!.

So gata is a weresnitch?

Eleuin

Surely guarantees them a quarterback in the first round now for the Vikings? Texans, Jags, Browns, Bucs ahead of them but can't see the top three being taken by the time Minnesota rolls around at #8.

Or do the Raiders still pick a guy and sit him behind Schaub?
facing manziel twice a year

:/

Of course, I will be long gone for posting this in a short matter of time, but I feel that it is a worthy cause. The truth must be known!

You are a good man.
•_•
So gata is a weresnitch?
:jnc

-If he was cut, he'd sign with the Browns
-Raiders need to hit minimum cash spend, and he makes $11m
-If you pay a QB $10m+, he's your starter. Can't see them drafting a QB at 5

The Raiders need all the young players they can get. Maybe that 5th round pick they gave up would have been the rare diamond in the rough that teams occasionally get lucky on. If they really wanted him they could have outbid the Browns easily with all the cap space they have. This seems like a really dumb move by them.

Unfortunately we underutilized him and now he's retired in Detroit :(

So I guess we are offering Moreno a contract....not too thrilled but hopefully it pushes Thomas
out the door...
Moreno is great in pass protection, right? Honestly I would be okay with it (assuming a reasonable contract) for this reason alone. Miller and Thomas sucked at picking up blitzes all season long and there is no guarantee that a rookie would be any better.

Generally I am not a fan of going after RB's in FA but Moreno is only 26 and seems to be coming into his own.

squicken

A Fifth round isn't a bad pick up for Schaub, as most 5th rounders aren't generally considered starter quality.

Paul Kuharsky, who covered the AFCS for ESPN and still covers the Titans, said it best. Schaub's a broken man. I'd rather start McGloin.

I'm not a Raiders hater. I want them to win and the fans to experience success with the team, but I just don't think things are being done well right now.

Paul Kuharsky, who covered the AFCS for ESPN and still covers the Titans, said it best. Schaub's a broken man. I'd rather start McGloin.

I'm not a Raiders hater. I want them to win and the fans to experience success with the team, but I just don't think things are being done well right now.

I'd rather give McGloin the chance to compete he was handed the starter job last year by default pretty much, so if Schaub finds a rhythm but gets outplayed by McGlovin' that'd be ideal.

I'm just saying the move is a solid football move. We'll see what Schaub has left in the tank, getting out of Houston might be just what he needs.

Edit this guy has been hit or miss with his news, but if true...it's a great trade.:

RaidersNews&Notes ‏@TheRaidersDaily now
Okay, I can confirm that #Raiders are speaking with #Texans and they will be giving a 6 round pick for Schaub. The deal looks legit

Talon

It is a low point in anyone's life when somebody would pick McGloin over you.

Could be sports. Could be looks. Could be the person driving the car.

Moreno is great in pass protection, right? Honestly I would be okay with it (assuming a reasonable contract) for this reason alone. Miller and Thomas sucked at picking up blitzes all season long and there is no guarantee that a rookie would be any better.

Generally I am not a fan of going after RB's in FA but Moreno is only 26 and seems to be coming into his own.

Oh that's a good point in that case I'm all for it,

Ah shit Gatas awake, rip in piece Darkest :(

MechDX

Edit this guy has been hit or miss with his news, but if true...it's a great trade.:

Seriously, it isn't a bad trade really. Raiders are on the hook for this years salary only. After this season they can cut him with NO cap hit. It also gets them really damn close to the cap ceiling.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 1h
Cleveland expressed some interest in Matt Schaub, who could have been reunited with Kyle Shanahan, but Oakland wanted Schaub even more.

Still wish he went to Cleveland though.

Daryl Ruiter @RuiterWrongFAN
Follow
Good news: #Raiders to get Matt Schaub per multiple reports, bad news #Browns may go after Rex Grossman

Cleveland still loses! Fuck you Kave!

Tony Pauline's podcast

Eric Ebron
-tough on the field
-very good player
-Giants really like Ebron
-most NFL people on pro day road show think he'll go NYG
-won't fall past PITT who also love him
-Reese kind of player but Couglin might not like personality
-high maintenance player
-me first personality
-prima donna rep amongst teammates
-blames others for failures

giphy.gif

Greg McElroy is retiring by the way:

https://twitter.com/GVMcElroy/status/447006522057314304/photo/1

Draxal

Ugh I hate the NY media. No story, let's create one! If those guys are so plugged in, why did the team's website announce the signing of Colon? I know it is a low key signing, but it's something a media guy would put on Twitter if he had it

Bringing Revis back would have been dumb. Verner isn't a press CB, and Talib and Cro have troublesome injury histories and off field stuff. You'd could argue he screwed up the DRC contract, but it's worth noting that he is on his 4th team in a 7 year career. Why were all the other teams okay letting him go?

The Jets need to draft well. Last year was a fluke season; that's not an 8-8 roster. No reason to go spend money on high priced vets who will be in the way of rookie CBs who need to play to develop

Each of the NY teams has a goto guy, for the Giants it was Vinny Ditrani of the Bergen Record before he retired but I'm not sure who there new guy (I think its Paul Dottino), where they leak news to.

Menish Mehta desperately wanted to be that guy for the Jets, wasn't and started so much shit otherwise. Its actually understandable since there's only 8-10 major newspapers covering the teams. Menish is by far the most known former Jets beat guy because of it.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 50s
The Matt Schaub-to-#Raiders trade could go down today, officially. Source says he's flying to Oakland as we speak. Physical, then deal.

Goodbye. So long. Farewell. Via con dios!

funny-avengers-gif-GTFO.gif

squicken

How far has Josh Freeman fallen? Has his name even been mentoined? Fitz, Henne, Schoob, McGloin, Sanchez. All these guys are vastly preferable to Freeman?

Our OL should be solid now.

And if we nab Watkins, we could have a pretty good offense.

Also Schaub is going to Oakland he has to pass our rigorous physicals before the trade goes through.

KingGondo

Banned
I have to say, I'm pretty happy with the way Farmer has handled things so far.

Whitner, Dansby, and Tate were all signed to reasonable contracts. Tagging Mack seems like it was the right move strategically.

Most importantly, nobody's really sure which direction they're going to go in the draft. There were constant leaks of inside info under Lombardi and Banner, and that seems to have stopped.

Also, he passed on Schaub. If we can sign Carrington and McQuistan I'll consider it to be a very solid FA period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom