• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Surely guarantees them a quarterback in the first round now for the Vikings? Texans, Jags, Browns, Bucs ahead of them but can't see the top three being taken by the time Minnesota rolls around at #8.

Or do the Raiders still pick a guy and sit him behind Schaub?
With the way Derek Carr is rising, they may take him if the big 3 are indeed already taken.

So I guess this signals Pryor is on his way out?

Come to Philly please.

How far has Josh Freeman fallen? Has his name even been mentoined? Fitz, Henne, Schoob, McGloin, Sanchez. All these guys are vastly preferable to Freeman?

If the reports are true about Freeman not even knowing the playbook in Minny then why would any team want him. You can work hard enough to make up for lack of skill but you cant be talented enough to make up for lack of work. He took the Vikings money and didnt give a single fuck, no way would I want him on my team.

MechDX

Bid8VgyCQAAwCIb.jpg:large

Wrayfield

I appreciate that, I really do.
I have like 4 Marino Jerseys already all in different colors lol, I still need a Jason Taylor jersey though.

The last Dolphins jersey I got was Zach Thomas. Honestly a Wake jersey would be amazing, he's been the best player on the team every season he's been with them.

EDIT: A gift for everyone this fine morning:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0210/nfl_g_thomas_576.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

I have an old Thomas jersey as well, still a good choice. Will probably get a Wake one at some point. Or a vintage Scott #13, that would be awesome.

Jarnet87

How far has Josh Freeman fallen? Has his name even been mentoined? Fitz, Henne, Schoob, McGloin, Sanchez. All these guys are vastly preferable to Freeman?

He looked lost in the one appearance for the Vikings. He'll probably get a job holding a clipboard somewhere as the season goes along.

effzee

Maybe I am wrong. I just am down on Reggie/Allen. They may take a QB, but I just think at 5 they will want an immediate contributor

Landry I have seen anywhere from late first to 3rd round. Doubt he is there for Eagles if they wait until the third round, but it really is a deep WR class. I've heard the Montcreif guy from Ole Miss compared to Josh Gordon, and he's projected to go in the 2nd round!

Just can't evaluate the position

Most of those guys the Raiders picked were known to be journeymen veterans, not someone you build a team around. Pryor was the exception but a very long shot.

I think if they really want to turn around the franchise and like a QB in this draft, trading a 5th or 6th round pick for Shaub to be your week 1 starter isn't bad. Not every rookie QB is going to be ready to start immediately so this is good insurance policy.

MechDX

Cant wait for the season to start need to say it at least once:

SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBB!!!!!

You don't give Matt Schaub 14:58!

feels good man

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's okay. He's going to be reunited with Tebow doing SEC games

If he can take the spot that Tim Brando could potentially have, I'm all for it.

Though, if he decides to go be an OC/Assistant to McElwain out in Colorado, and eventually replace Kiffikens at Alabama, I'm ok with that too.

squicken

If he can take the spot that Tim Brando could potentially have, I'm all for it.

Though, if he decides to go be an OC/Assistant to McElwain out in Colorado, and eventually replace Kiffikens at Alabama, I'm ok with that too.

I'd think he could do both studio and booth work. Tebow can only be the pre-game show guy. Basically he's Corso. I think McElroy could be Fowler or Herbie

I've never understood the Brando thing. It's almost like he's just there b/c he happened to cover the SEC 20 years ago when CFB really took off with the media deals and they needed someone who knew how to get to Athens from Atlanta

Pancakes. Never wrong

But that was before Fitz was cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom