• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
BjQkut_CcAA1WrQ.jpg:large

I remember this cause I was in Texas in a roomful of Houston fans. Shit talking was heard that day.

my tracking from Best Buy hasn't been updated yet.
Ended up just making a trip to gamestop, and I found a used copy of GZ. Spent 60 after trading in Killzone
But Mech told me he was destined to be a Brown.

You get Sexy Rexy and like it! According to Schefter you guys did want him. Oakland just offered more.
Shit id rather have rex, I don't want any of this Schaub bull on my team. I'm happy, some ppl would of wante Schaub to start smh

Tom Penny

Thinking about it more, I would honestly be really happy to see Moreno in Miami.

Moreno will help with blocking for sure but he's his actual rushing / catching was greatly inflated by teams unable to ever stack the box so he had very good running lanes and room to operate. He can't be worse than what you had going last year though. If memory serves me correct you guys averaged like .5 yards a carry in a Thursday night game or some aburb number like that..probably due to O Line though.

Moreno will help with blocking for sure but he's his actual rushing / catching was greatly inflated by teams unable to ever stack the box so he had very good running lanes and room to operate. He can't be worse than what you had going last year though. If memory serves me correct you guys averaged like .5 yards a carry in a Thursday night game or some aburb number like that..probably due to O Line though.
image.png

Vs Tampa
Do the math and it means Miami ran for only two total yards on 14 carries, or 5.1 inches per carry. At that rate, it'd take you 71 plays to hit a first down.The NFL rules only offer four.

Vs Cleveland
Miami ran 23 times for just 20 yards Sunday in a 23-10 victory over Cleveland. Starting back Lamar Miller ran 10 times for 3 yards while backup Daniel Thomas run eight times for 14 yards and a touchdown.

The oline was a big part of this but also Thomas is just terrible at breaking tackles. Miller isn't all that great either, but at least in open space he's faster than Thomas, not that Sherman gave a shit.

You bring up a good point about stacking the box, if Tannehill and Wallace/Clay start connecting more teams won't be able to do that against us, wishful thinking though :/

Tom Penny

Do the math and it means Miami ran for only two total yards on 14 carries, or 5.1 inches per carry. At that rate, it'd take you 71 plays to hit a first down.The NFL rules only offer four.

That is hilarious :)

So what is the basis for everyone saying Reshad Jones had a worse season in '13 than '12? Not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely curious as I didn't really pick up on it myself from watching the games. A quick glance at his stats shows decline in nothing other than INT's. All I know is the Dolphins very rarely gave up big passing plays and almost never gave up TD's to WR's and Jones was a huge reason why. I think a lot of QB's avoided throwing in his direction, also.

So what is the basis for everyone saying Reshad Jones had a worse season in '13 than '12? Not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely curious as I didn't really pick up on it myself from watching the games. A quick glance at his stats shows decline in nothing other than INT's. All I know is the Dolphins very rarely gave up big passing plays and almost never gave up TD's to WR's and Jones was a huge reason why. I think a lot of QB's avoided throwing in his direction, also.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/07/3674194/miami-dolphins-safety-reshad-jones.html

Best I could find at work, but his playing level regressed after a stellar 2012, it was noticeable mostly because more was expected but he still had a good season. Still top 10 imo but hopefully he moves into top 5 territory this year.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/07/3674194/miami-dolphins-safety-reshad-jones.html

Best I could find at work, but his playing level regressed after a stellar 2012, it was noticeable mostly because more was expected but he still had a good season. Still top 10 imo but hopefully he moves into top 5 territory this year.
Hmm... now that you mention it I guess it was apparent in a few games, particularly against the Saints, but that was early in the season and I don't remember it happening much afterwards (him getting "picked on" I mean). I probably have a selective memory though, haha.

Hmm... now that you mention it I guess it was apparent in a few games, particularly against the Saints, but that was early in the season and I don't remember it happening much afterwards (him getting "picked on" I mean). I probably have a selective memory though, haha.

That's ok, it's part of being a dolphins fan lol hell I only remember 8 games last season...

Wrayfield

So Merill Hoge just said he'd take Sam over Clowney

Tom will VP to President Peyton. I guess when Tom takes over Gronk will slide over from Secretary of Education

Tom will fake nuclear weapons in an away game and Peyton will choke in clutch. 97 year old Putin invades America.

Lol at Hoge though.

Lol at people in the infamous thread claiming the ability to switch jackets is a spoiler.

When the pre-order bonus is extra jackets.

Wow lol, I don't get it. "Media blackout" fanatics have got to be one of the worst developments on this board. It's stupid as hell.

It was worse for uncharted though. People got yelled at for mentioning the plane scene or that a big portion of the game takes place in the desert... When it was in the announcement trailer.

Fox318

Has Merkel said anything about the Crimea situation? I feel like her opinion is being under reported in the us. Fox news has been portraying the conflict as a dick measuring contest

I would let a girl in a dolphins cheerleading uniform
has to be at least somewhat attractive
do unspeakable things to me, just thought I would share.

Lol at people in the infamous thread claiming the
ability to switch jackets
is a spoiler.

When the pre-order bonus is
extra jackets.

Wow lol, I don't get it. "Media blackout" fanatics have got to be one of the worst developments on this board. It's stupid as hell.

It was worse for uncharted though. People got yelled at for mentioning the plane scene or that a big portion of the game takes place in the desert... When it was in the announcement trailer.
Well I was interested in Infamous... Thanks a lot, dude...

Has Merkel said anything about the Crimea situation? I feel like her opinion is being under reported in the us. Fox news has been portraying the conflict as a dick measuring contest

Supporting Obama, The Germans/French/Brits are all supporting sanctions against Russia. Kicking Russia out of the G8 and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom