• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
All yall haters trying to kill my vibe.

Cotchery + McNutt + Cooks + Underwood + King

Smells like a championship to me

tumblr_mmr5u8uL8k1s559c9o1_500.gif

Crisco

Banned
He had some good games with Glennon throwing him the ball last year. Some receivers are late bloomers and he has potential with his size and speed. Hell, he's no worse than LaFell.

Is that group really that much worse than super old Steve Smith + Ted Ginn + Brandon Lafell?

The group we won 12 games with

I thought that Ginn was surprisingly good for you. Having a speed guy like that really backed up the safeties on defense, who fills that role now? Steve smith is one of the all great WRs, obviously he is getting old but he still was a solid guy who would always give his all. I hated Lafell though, so he is no loss at all. We will see what Mcnutt can do but I dont like the rest of the guys at all, and Cam not having OTAs to work with this group is a big loss.

effzee

The Panthers receiving core has to be the sorriest bunch of receivers in years.

Probably worse than the group we had in the early 00s with Thrash, Pinkston, and FredEx.

Maybe.

Panthers must be looking to draft 1-2 WRs in the first three rounds. What were their top needs before the WRs were let go?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Look at all those felons. How many do you think are parole officers? Do they have a special section for prison guards so they don't get stabbed with a broken glass bottle?

It's sad how badly ESPN tries to force women's hoops to be on the same level as men's.

Right? Every season with that crap. Whenever I see a commercial for it I know I'm not the only one thinking "Who cares?"

Crisco

Banned
Probably worse than the group we had in the early 00s with Thrash, Pinkston, and FredEx.

Maybe.

Panthers must be looking to draft 1-2 WRs in the first three rounds. What were their top needs before the WRs were let go?

Probably tackle, but wide receiver was always up there. Who we draft right now really depends on BPA between tackle, WR, and safety.

I thought that Ginn was surprisingly good for you. Having a speed guy like that really backed up the safeties on defense, who fills that role now? Steve smith is one of the all great WRs, obviously he is getting old but he still was a solid guy who would always give his all. I hated Lafell though, so he is no loss at all. We will see what Mcnutt can do but I dont like the rest of the guys at all, and Cam not having OTAs to work with this group is a big loss.

That's the thing. All of the contributions were surprising. No one coming into last season thought Ginn was going to be good.

He was an underachiever and a bust. But he got an opportunity and was able to make a difference. Why can't Underwood do that this year? He's got plenty speed.

As for Smith. He had his worst year last year as a pro outside of his rookie year, and he's now coming off of a major knee injury. I wouldn't be surprised if he's terrible for the Ravens this year.

Look at all those felons. How many do you think are parole officers? Do they have a special section for prison guards so they don't get stabbed with a broken glass bottle?

Right? Every season with that crap. Whenever I see a commercial for it I know I'm not the only one thinking "Who cares?"

womens bball, soccer and nascar are all on the same level for me. waste of time espn, waste of time!

I'm hoping Ginn can take the top off against SEA's D, he could be huge for us just by freeing up Fitz and Floyd.

I think we find out the full schedule next month, always interesting to see if your tough games come early or late. With the way FA has gone for us I'm so pumped for the season to start and I'm sure I'll be even more so after the draft. God is it refreshing and amazing to have a great GM.

I'm hoping Ginn can take the top off against SEA's D, he could be huge for us just by freeing up Fitz and Floyd.

I think we find out the full schedule next month, always interesting to see if your tough games come early or late. With the way FA has gone for us I'm so pumped for the season to start and I'm sure I'll be even more so after the draft. God is it refreshing and amazing to have a great GM.

Hey I am going to the Eagles Cards game next year depending on the date. Cant wait, I am also planing to go to Santa Clara and see the Eagles play the 9ers in their new stadium.

very difficult to do against seattle because of earl thomas. i am a fan of ginn even though he is a one route receiver (like djax). we misued him in SF (mostly because he was stuck down the depth chart and we didn't use many 3 wide sets). oh well

very difficult to do against seattle because of earl thomas. i am a fan of ginn even though he is a one route receiver (like djax). we misued him in SF (mostly because he was stuck down the depth chart and we didn't use many 3 wide sets). oh well

DJax, had that great end around called back cause Foles was dumb last year, but he also had a ton of big plays off of WR screens. He does way more then just go deep.

Got a reply from Armando regarding Clemons:

@ArmandoSalguero
Average player. Few mistakes but also very few impact plays. RT @christrejo how is clemons still unemployed??

Very doubtful. Safety money went to Louis Delmas. RT @christrejo: you think dolphins resign him for cheap?

Well there you go...

It is a type of play WRs run, I dont know the specific semantics of it though. You going to any games at the new stadium next year?

i know for sure we are going to the chargers game in san fran because one of our friends is a chargers fan. i would LIKE to go to the opening game in the stadium which of course has not been announced yet. maybe it'll be the eagles game!

i know for sure we are going to the chargers game in san fran because one of our friends is a chargers fan. i would LIKE to go to the opening game in the stadium which of course has not been announced yet. maybe it'll be the eagles game!

I hope not since I assume the opening game will be a SNF/MNF game. SNF doesnt matter to much but MNF would mean an extra day off from work.

I hope not since I assume the opening game will be a SNF/MNF game. SNF doesnt matter to much but MNF would mean an extra day off from work.

we will have no MNF games at home this year per mandate from the city. they want to see what the effect on traffic, etc. will be. can't speak on SNF though! niners/eagles would be an entertaining matchup so it is possible!

we will have no MNF games at home this year per mandate from the city. they want to see what the effect on traffic, etc. will be. can't speak on SNF though! niners/eagles would be an entertaining matchup so it is possible!

Weird that they would give up the extra revenue from MNF games. The traffic getting to Candlestick was terrible but I dont know anything about SC so I have no idea what it will be like there.

Hot dang, chris gettin' dem scoops! "Average player" is still a lot better than what many teams are putting out there at the safety positions right now...

Yeah I'm not sure I agree with that decision but Armando isn't in the FO so it would be pointless to argue that with him. Still doesn't really explain how teams with shitty secondary (eagles) passed up on him....

Who's WR situation is worse? Panthers have a bunch of Jags, but the Steelers have Antonio Brown and nobody else. Steelers forums are seriously talking up Lance Moore as a suitable replacement for Cotchery.

Who's WR situation is worse? Panthers have a bunch of Jags, but the Steelers have Antonio Brown and nobody else. Steelers forums are seriously talking up Lance Moore as a suitable replacement for Cotchery.
Panthers is way worse. At least the Steelers have one good receiver. By the way why did they not seem to care about letting Sanders go?

Godslay

Banned
Moreno would be a good pickup for the Phins. He'll never be an elite rusher, but he's a very good all around back. Excellent in pass protection, very hard worker, good hands, and smart. I personally think he learned a lot and progressed as a person and player under McGahee. I think he'd be a great compliment to a young QB, such as Tannehill.

As for his downside, he dances a bit and isn't terribly fast or powerful. He had been injury prone, prior to last year.

Saying he benefited from the offense we ran might have some truth. Then again it might not. His numbers in 2009 (last full season) are inline with what he put up this year. I still think he's easily good for 800-1000 rushing yard season, 200 - 400 passing yards if he stays healthy. He'd be a good veteran pickup imo. Personally, I wanted him to stay in Denver, but it looks like we are moving on.

Yeah I'm not sure I agree with that decision but Armando isn't in the FO so it would be pointless to argue that with him. Still doesn't really explain how teams with shitty secondary (eagles) passed up on him....

Ray Didinger was on Eagles Live the other day and he said he had a talk with Billy Davis about the safety position and that Davis wont even use the terms strong safety and free safety, he said he hated those terms. He calls them left safety and right safety and he wants guys that can cover and hit at both safety spots. {insert joke about have no guys that can do either on the team, here]

Moreno would be a good pickup for the Phins. He'll never be an elite rusher, but he's a very good all around back. Excellent in pass protection, very hard worker, good hands, and smart. I personally think he learned a lot and progressed as a person and player under McGahee. I think he'd be a great compliment to a young QB, such as Tannehill.

As for his downside, he dances a bit and isn't terribly fast or powerful. He had been injury prone, prior to last year.

Saying he benefited from the offense we ran might have some truth. Then again it might not. His numbers in 2009 (last full season) are inline with what he put up this year. I still think he's easily good for 800-1000 rushing yard season, 200 - 400 passing yards if he stays healthy. He'd be a good veteran pickup imo. Personally, I wanted him to stay in Denver, but it looks like we are moving on.
Awesome, my opinion feels more validated now! Hopefully we'll hear some news about a deal in the near future.

All I needed to hear...welcome Moreno!

Ray Didinger was on Eagles Live the other day and he said he had a talk with Billy Davis about the safety position and that Davis wont even use the terms strong safety and free safety, he said he hated those terms. He calls them left safety and right safety and he wants guys that can cover and hit at both safety spots. {insert joke about have no guys that can do either on the team, here]

I think both of our front offices went to the same school for football 101....

Striker

Similar situation with Giants. Brown is like Cruz, both guys are really good. The problem is supporting cast. Rueben Randle has lots of room to improve and the Steelers still have a solid TE. But after those guys there is no one else proven. Giants current TE situation is the worst in the league. The other options for NY is Jerrel Jernigan who may or may not continue his solid play from late last season, and Mario Manningham is basically a tryout signing. I'm sure both teams will be pushing hard to draft receivers early. Evans or Ebron at #12.

Panthers is way worse. At least the Steelers have one good receiver. By the way why did they not seem to care about letting Sanders go?

I wrote like 3 different responses to this but I think it's answered best in gif form:

sanders-fumble2-12-2-121.gif

Sanders is just a bit better than mediocre. He's has good speed, but he's not a burner. Has good hands, but doesn't make hard catches. Stupid to pay guys like that.

FO thinks Markus Wheaton can be just as good if not better, and the team has openly said they're going for a WR in the draft.

effzee

Great idea in concept.

The execution in acquiring these players?

turrible.

And lol@ DJAX just running one route. Cmon bro

bigosc2k

Banned
I'm pretty sure Santa Clara gave the go ahead since they are going to let the niners use the golf course parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom