• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konka

Banned
Bearded Schoob is coming

BjSJ0EFCcAAGl9l.jpg

Schoob Part II: The Revenge.

Jason La Canfora ‏ @ JasonLaCanfora 12s
There will be interest in Sanchez. Buffalo is among the teams still looking for a back-up/1B QB

Pat Kirwan ‏ @ PatKirwanCBS now
I would like to see Mark Sanchez on the Ram roster..Bradford injuries? Shottenheimer his old coordinator
Just don't be us, PLS don't be us.

squicken

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur
Dennis Allen compared Matt Schaub's struggles last year to Kurt Warner's bad stint with N.Y. Giants before he led Cardinals to Super Bowl.

I guess in Scoob's defense, the whole team was dreadful

No the offense won't be just fine without him.

This is absurd. I never get the fascination fans have with money being paid to players or how they don't deserve it. There is a reason he is getting paid what he is. Defenses have to account for him. They use him in all sorts of ways. He is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. Can return punts too. Ask Wellington. Chip's offense worked cause of him not in spite of him. He is getting fair market value and if he can get more then great for him!

No rookie is guaranteed to come in and produce as much or more. We have seen colossal busts of "sure things" at all positions and WRs seem to take the longest to develop. What guarantee do the Eagles have that this supposed "deep WR class" will net them the WR who won't be a complete bust (cause surely some of these guys def will be).

Where as with Desean they have a sure thing. He is 27 not 33. He is a known talent you can game plan around.

I really really hope this doesn't happen.

I never said he was overpaid. He was (is) a big part of the offense, but there's enough talent on that side of the ball that you can get by without him. He probably doesn't put up the numbers he did last year if Maclin doesn't go down. There's lots of guys that defenses have to account for. He's not some transcendent talent, not even an elite WR. He's an average WR1, and ideally would be a great WR2. Give him a big contract, fine, but I wouldn't want him anchoring my WR corps. He's not a guy you just give away, but if you can free up cash, grab a 2nd rounder in one of the deepest draft classes in a long time, and improve your team in other areas, go for it. The Eagles weren't good enough last year to be complacent.

Touchdown

Banned
Vick is a great pickup for the Jets and I predict he'll be starting by week 3....but then I also predict he'll get injured in week 6 for the rest of the season. So 5 million for 3 games.

Furyous

Jets should sign Tebow. The dreamteam of mobile QBs.

The Jets could use a team chaplain and another waterboy.

Keep Sanchez away from the Browns and Cards but not the Rams.

The Raiders are in win now mode. I don't like the way they did TP. They never gave him a legit oline and offensive weapons. Where will he land?

Yeah man. The wife told me the other day that once the schedule is out as long as it isnt during a holiday or something we will definitelt drive down for the Cards game.

Awesome, we shall get a beer if all works out. It's a great stadium if you've never been. If it's later in the season I'm guessing we'll be amped because we both expect big things from our teams this season.

Can anyone get to the other sites linked on inFamous Paper Trail? I'm guessing they are just being hammered right now. I have a feeling it'll be advantageous if I can unlock all this karma before I start my game. Not sure what exactly it is but guessing it's how you level up your powers?

Konka

Banned
We played Power Hour on St Pattys Day. One of my buddies was playing with a fifth of Jameson. He was a hero amongst men until his girlfriend picked him up because he turned out to be an amateur.

Well...60 shots of Jameson would kill you.

The Raiders are in win now mode. I don't like the way they did TP. They never gave him a legit oline and offensive weapons. Where will he land?

Win-Now Mode? Win what ? The first overall pick?

Roddy is bitch made. Betted a fan he season tickets if duke lost and only gave him tickets to the bears game

Reminds me of gata
I haven't checked but I hope he's getting reamed on Twitter. You made a public bet, so fucking own up to it. Even Gata is wearing his animals avy after losing his bet.

Got no respect for Roddy now.

TP will likely land wherever Dennis Dixon did

Furyous

Win-Now Mode? Win what ? The first overall pick?

Matt Schaub of 2012 puts them within three games of winning the division. The signed vets and clearly lack patience to develop a QB. They're trying to do what Denver did but with over-the-hill vets. QBs go to die in Oakland no offense. As a Browns fan, I'm familiar with shitty QBs.

Partial list off the top of my head:
Aaron Brooks
Daunte Culpepper
Andrew Walters
Jason Campbell
Carson Palmer (FUCKING SUCKS/How is he still starting?)
Charlie Frye
Matt Leinhart
Jamarcus Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom