• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vick wrote a farewell letter to Philly:

"I would like to thank the Eagles and the entire city of Philadelphia. I was honored to be their quarterback and took the privilege to heart every day. I especially want to thank Jeffrey Lurie and Andy Reid, who gave me the opportunity. I want to thank my teammates, who were not just coworkers, but friends. I also want to thank the millions of fans who cheered and supported our team.
People say Philadelphia fans are tough. I say they are fair. A player is not judged solely by his past or promises of the future, but by his actions today, and the next day, and the next.
In my time volunteering, I have met Philadelphia's heroes. I've met at-risk children with few resources, but with teachers tirelessly helping them make the most of a second chance. I've seen the work of volunteers at school fund-raisers, food drives, after-school programs, hurricane shelters, Toys for Tots campaigns, Boys and Girls Clubs, and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, and the meaningful work of the Humane Society of the United States. I've seen children choosing the mentorship of a football coach over peer pressure on a street corner. One of the best examples of a community deserving a second chance is the North Philadelphia Aztecs youth football team. As the players step onto Team Vick Field, they can hold their heads high and be proud that they are making Philly stronger.
The Eagles are an outstanding organization with a bright future, and I'm thankful for all the friendship, love, and support they gave me and my family. I look forward to seeing great things from them both on the field and in the community."

Another thing is that I feel EA prioritized FUT, so the Seasons servers are sub-par and so is the amount of Players.
No doubt about it. They are putting tons of resources into FUT because that's where the money is. Why do you think Tournament mode isn't in '14? Oh well, at least it's not like NBA2k where the awful mechanics extend to every mode.

ShaneB

I don't get why teams think they're going to get something for a player when they admit if they don't they'll cut him anyway.

It's either trade and make sure you get the player, or wait and see what happens after he is cut, which might mean you don't get the player. So it's mainly assurance and hoping a team wants him bad enough.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 21m
Ron Rivera said Cam Newton's ankle injury goes back to his time at Auburn. Most offseasons the pain would decrease. This 1 it didn't.

Max Henson ‏@PanthersMax 14m
Here in Orlando, Ron Rivera said Cam Newton's ankle pain has subsided during offseason rest in past years. This year ankle pain persisted.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 38m
Rivera hasn't ruled out Cam Newton throwing earlier than the four months recovery period. But not worried about time missed. #Panthers

Some stuff for my Browns Gaf friends, mostly from the radio today

• Tony Rizzo on espn Cleveland said he's heard from reliable sources Farmer really like Teddy
• Grossi saying based on comments farmer made at Owners meeting Rizzos info could match up
• also Rizzo said maybe not Teddy at 4 but Watkins and possible trade up if Teddy falls
• Farmer won't be at Manziels pro day
• sounds like Qb pro days not as important to browns, as there scripted workouts.
• browns have done extensive work on qbs and Farmer was at many games during the season as asst GM.
• browns will have atleast 2 chances to meet with these qbs, private workouts in there region if scheduled and team visits.
• Farmer likes the fact no one really knows what the browns will do
*bounces

No doubt about it. They are putting tons of resources into FUT because that's where the money is. Why do you think Tournament mode isn't in '14? Oh well, at least it's not like NBA2k where the awful mechanics extend to every mode.

J0gbnhp.jpg

You ready for this?

• Tony Rizzo on espn Cleveland said he's heard from reliable sources Farmer really like Teddy
• Grossi saying based on comments farmer made at Owners meeting Rizzos info could match up
• also Rizzo said maybe not Teddy at 4 but Watkins and possible trade up if Teddy falls
• sounds like Qb pro days not as important to browns, as there scripted workouts.
• browns have done extensive work on qbs and Farmer was at many games during the season as asst GM.
• browns will have atleast 2 chances to meet with these qbs, private workouts in there region if scheduled and team visits.
*bounces

Browns

I'm playing seasons! You wanted this!!

Van Persie is great, but don't sleep on Depay and Robben. All that speeeeeeeeed!

Defense is so terrible though, holy cow.
Yeah it's crazy how unbalanced that team is from one side to the other. Offense is downright terrifying, though. I've been practicing against CPU on World Class a lot, playing as US versus teams like Italy, Germany, Brazil, England... Italy has been the toughest so far. Buffon is a bastard.

We need to play sometime but lately the only time I'm free is 9 PM or later EST which is crazy hours for you.

I had a 4-4 game in Vita FIFA demo on legendary difficulty the other day (Barcelona vs Barcelona)

lost in a shoot-out
Dude, scoring 4 goals on Legendary is a feat in and of itself. I usually avoid that difficulty, the game just feels unfair!

Fox318

*bounces

"With their first pick of the NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select Punter, Kirby Van Der Kamp of Iowa State"

Greg

Dude, scoring 4 goals on Legendary is a feat in and of itself. I usually avoid that difficulty, the game just feels unfair!
I always got my ass kicked when a buddy and I would play against world class on consoles, so I assume the Vita version is a bit dumbed down

or at least it's a bit easier to score because using that back pad to shoot is the most amazing touch feature in the history of gaming

Yeah it's crazy how unbalanced that team is from one side to the other. Offense is downright terrifying, though. I've been practicing against CPU on World Class a lot, playing as US versus teams like Italy, Germany, Brazil, England... Italy has been the toughest so far. Buffon is a bastard.

We need to play sometime but lately the only time I'm free is 9 PM or later EST which is crazy hours for you.

Having a baby was a bad idea! Cuts right into your FIFA time!

Wes

venison crêpe

*bounces

In Farmer We Trust.

effzee

Vick wrote a farewell letter to Philly:

Should have kept him. I get this feeling especially now with DJAX gone and us relying on Macling and Cooper, Foles might regress and having a capable back up would have been a great asset.

Don't get why we are penny pinching when we have tons of cap space and seem to be done with FA. Terrible off season so far.

Should have kept him. I get this feeling especially now with DJAX gone and us relying on Macling and Cooper, Foles might regress and having a capable back up would have been a great asset.

Don't get why we are penny pinching when we have tons of cap space and seem to be done with FA. Terrible off season so far.

What I heard on the radio the other day was that Howie was super opposed to the dream team moves, and that a big part of Lurie giving him the GM job was he was the only guy in the room saying that those moves wouldnt work, so he has kind of set himself up as the anti-FA guy. That is supposedly why they havent really spent big the last 2 years since he took over. The DJax thing seems to be about about Chip's ego. He thinks he can build a great offense without a big time #1 WR, so he isnt going to put up with a guy that isnt "his" guy.

The worst part about it is some fans actually are buying into this garbage. Fans are so ridiculous with this draft nonsense. They actually believe that the draft is some magical panacea that will just fix all problems. Any player let go can just be replaced 100% with a draft pick. I have actually listened to less sports talk radio recently just because the fans are being so annoying.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
As long as a guy serves time in jail you will forgive any crime?

It depends on the circumstances. In Vicks case for dog fighting he did proper time and came out rehabilitated. The proof is in all his charity work and how humble he has been since the whole situation.

I remember a reporter asking Vick about the dogfighting case the Feds were going to press on him, and Vick talking in third person saying some akin to "They can't do nothing to Michael Vick".

He lost everything, went to jail, came back and proved everyone wrong. Can't hate on that.

As long as a guy serves time in jail you will forgive any crime?

He paid his debt to society and has since been a decent member of society. Obviously my personal forgiveness varies based on the crime. If he was a child rapist I wouldn't have any forgiveness. But considering I'm not even sure I think Vick should have gone to jail in the first place, sure I forgive him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom