• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

People haven't had dough boys?

IMG_5251.jpg

ShaneB

Toutons are delicious.

For the uneducated.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touton

A touton (pronounced tau-tin)) is a type of traditional pancake commonly made in Newfoundland, produced by frying bread dough on a pan with butter or pork fat.[1] Typically, the touton is served with dark molasses or corn syrup.

A touton a piece of fried bread dough. The dough itself traditionally came from leftover bread dough. While that may not seem particularly appealing, it is an age old culinary tradition in Newfoundland.A crispy outside and a tender slightly chewy inside make them very texturally appealing which has accounted for a large part of their long-time popularity.

Toutons are traditionally considered a breakfast or brunch item and can still be found quite commonly on the breakfast menus of many local restaurants. It is much rarer to find them cooked in fatback pork as modern day dietary considerations have seen an evolution to more healthy fats. The toutons found in Newfoundland restaurants are more likely fried in a combination of olive oil, clarified butter, and/or canola oil. The other very traditional accompaniment to toutons, still very much appreciated by purists, is a drizzle of molasses. A pat of butter melting over the top is a tasty indulgence as well.

Dammit, now I want some =(

God yes. The only reason I got to carnivals anymore (aside from taking my girls).

New X-Men movie looks SOOOO good.

I just watched the trailer, my god I got goosebumps. It looks even better then it did in my dreams all these years.
Nimrod
looks fucking crazy. This is going to be the best super heroes movie ever.

Can't wait for Xmen, by far my favorite comics growing up. Some of the movies have been crap but I loved X2 and First class so hopefully this is both put together.

I just watched the trailer, my god I got goosebumps. It looks even better then it did in my dreams all these years.
Nimrod
looks fucking crazy. This is going to be the best super heroes movie ever.

Magneto floating down with the Sentinels surrounding him...

tumblr_lrfumfNvnN1qlf513.gif

Hate to get super hyped up but man. That just looked awesome.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ans-will-draft-a-qb-we-dont-know-which-round/

Texans coach Bill O’Brien told NFL Network that he is sure the team will select a quarterback at some point, but the team has a lot of evaluation left to do before deciding whether to do it in the first round.

“There’s not a lot of separation, and there are more quarterbacks than just three. Obviously, the three guys that everybody talks about, Blake, Teddy and Johnny, those guys are good players. Thy had great college careers. But there are other guys out there,” O’Brien said.

O’Brien mentioned Alabama’s A.J. McCarron, LSU’s Zach Mettenberger, Virginia Tech’s Logan Thomas, Pittsburgh’s Tom Savage and Eastern Illinois’s Jimmy Garoppolo.

“You’ve got McCarron, you’ve got Mettenberger, you’ve got Logan Thomas, you’ve got Savage, you’ve got Garoppolo. I mean, I could go right down the list. To me, you’ve got 10 or 12 guys you’ve got to do a great job of evaluating and make the best pick possible where ever you draft these guys. I see a lot of good quarterbacks,” O’Brien said.

Dat smokescreen!!

Magneto floating down with the Sentinels surrounding him...

tumblr_lrfumfNvnN1qlf513.gif

Hate to get super hyped up but man. That just looked awesome.

I am loving what they are doing with the Sentinels designs in this movie. I always thought that they seemed a bit silly in the comics. I really hope we get to see some serious bloodshed in this movie.

jbug617

Banned
Pryor wants out.

@MarcSesslerNFL: Reggie McKenzie says Terrelle Pryor has talked with his agent about wanting to be released by the #Raiders.

effzee

What I heard on the radio the other day was that Howie was super opposed to the dream team moves, and that a big part of Lurie giving him the GM job was he was the only guy in the room saying that those moves wouldnt work, so he has kind of set himself up as the anti-FA guy. That is supposedly why they havent really spent big the last 2 years since he took over. The DJax thing seems to be about about Chip's ego. He thinks he can build a great offense without a big time #1 WR, so he isnt going to put up with a guy that isnt "his" guy.

The worst part about it is some fans actually are buying into this garbage. Fans are so ridiculous with this draft nonsense. They actually believe that the draft is some magical panacea that will just fix all problems. Any player let go can just be replaced 100% with a draft pick. I have actually listened to less sports talk radio recently just because the fans are being so annoying.

Fans are idiots most of the time. They have bought into this nonsense about saving cap space and just drafting superstars as if the money comes out of their pockets.

So since the FA pickups in 2011 didn't work this means you should never attack FA aggressively again? Ok then why doesn't this logic apply to drafting? If you fuck up the draft year after year should you just stop drafting all together?

Besides a good draft has maybe 2-3 starters with 1-2 of those players being star players who can be franchise players for 10 + years. Roseman was responsible for all those failures all those years. Fuck off Howie.

Howie might have been against the pickups in 2011 but lets remember that he was part of the draft room which since 2005 had messed up the picks so bad and left the team so depleted that they had no choice but to get those free agents.

2011 FA happened because they had holes all across the defense from piss poor drafting and stupid philosophy that let key veterans like Dawkins walk with no replacement in place. And the team was a win now team with Vick's resurgence. There was no time to rebuild through the draft. They had a great cap situation (still do and always do actually) and even after all the pick ups they were in good cap shape.

All this hysteria over the failure of those pick ups is overblown and overrated. It was a result of terrible drafting over the years and picking up players like DRC and Nnamdi who were either no longer interested in football or had lost all their skills. Guys like VY and Ronnie Brown were back ups and served their roles just fine as back ups.

As long as a guy serves time in jail you will forgive any crime?

Not any crime but players have done worse and been accepted back.

Vick turned his life around, served his time, lost all his money, and has been doing more than his sentence required with working animal rights groups.

Plus he has been great in the Eagles locker room as a leader and veteran figure. His loss will be felt especially if Foles stinks it up or gets hurt.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's always such a weird sight when one of your nipples is puffy and the other is erect.

Coldplay pls

"With their first pick of the NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select Punter, Kirby Van Der Kamp of Iowa State"

Well you'd want the guy who's on the field the most to be your best player....

And I would have replied that outside of sconisville it is usually frowned upon to beat your wife with your shoe to win an argument. This place needs ez back.

I figured an EA game would be full price until 6 weeks before the new one was released but it never hurts to ask.

I'm only capable of recycling other peoples jokes and making fun of Gata, but he's illiterate so that doesn't even count. FMT can get close to eznark's level but only during the season.

I still want a Magneto Unleashed game. He's by far my favorite comic book character and I'd love to rip stuff up as him in video game format. The Lego Marvel version is pretty lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom