• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Jonathan Martin:

richielol.gif

To John Jerry:

richielol.gif

To Clabo/McKinnie:

richielol.gif

To Soliai:

759.gif

Sanjuro

Not any crime but players have done worse and been accepted back.

Vick turned his life around, served his time, lost all his money, and has been doing more than his sentence required with working animal rights groups.

Plus he has been great in the Eagles locker room as a leader and veteran figure. His loss will be felt especially if Foles stinks it up or gets hurt.

Here are the problems,

Vick is a terrible quarterback who has achieved nothing on the professional level, except for that one season he pretended to give a shit.

There aren't many high profile athletes who have done anywhere close to the atrocities he committed off the field and then returned. Aaron Hernandez tier.

He can't play an entire NFL season.

...also take care of your reptiles.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Dogs aren't people.

He served his time so I don't get the big deal. Well he may have sociopath tendencies but I'm assuming that was dealt with at some point.

I'm more concerned by the fact that he's made out of whatever Stafford was made of before he got his layer of ultra durable fat. Oh and the fact that he makes horrible decisions and is a mediocre quarterback with a Derek Anderson type season on his resume.

MechDX

Dave Birkett ‏@davebirkett · 13m
#Lions GM Martin Mayhew said the team will not be picking up Nick Fairley's 5th year option

End of the dynasty after one year

Sanjuro

I wonder how anyone could possibly make that inference based on something you posted?

So, because I mentioned that his crime is closer to Aaron Hernandez than any other of the active player crimes, then that automatically means that Michael Vick in a way killed Odin Lloyd. Gotcha.

So, because I mentioned that his crime is closer to Aaron Hernandez than any other of the active player crimes, then that automatically means that Michael Vick in a way killed Odin Lloyd. Gotcha.
Putting Vick's acts on the same tier as killing a human being is ugh-worthy to me. Happy?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
#Lions GM Martin Mayhew said the team will not be picking up Nick Fairley's 5th year option

I called it. I just hope Fairley doesn't slack because of this news. It will only hurt our team, and him, financially in the end. If you're a football player you play for the love of the game.

As long as Ndamakung Suh is anchoring our defensive line we'll be okay. Cillf Avril, Willie Young, Nick Fairely all owe Suh a part of their paycheck to Suh. Suh is a once in a generation defensive lineman, I said that when he was at Nebraska.

We'll draft Fairleys replacement in next years draft. Suh is irreplaceable.

Wrayfield

I just remembered Carruth, since we're speaking of despicable humans. There is no way to compare one crime to another but that one will stay with me forever...

Couldn't care less. Either he plays well and we lose him in FA or he under-performs and we can get rid of him.

Brilliant drafting strategy, Mayhew. Can't wait until we get a new GM.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
ndamukong-suh-hit-on-trent-richardson-controversial-moments-of-Ndamukong-Suh.gif

Where you at Trent Truck?

ndamukong-suh-takes-marion-barber-down-by-hair-technically-legal-controversial-moments-of-Ndamukong-Suh.gif

Where you at Marion Barber?

Ndamukong-Suh-rips-andy-daultons-head-off-controversial-moments-of-Ndamukong-Suh.gif

Sit down Red Rifle.

Ndamukong-Suh-forearm-to-back-of-Jay-Cutlers-head-controversial-moments-of-Ndamukong-Suh.gif

Jay, what are you doing?

ndamukong-suh-rips-off-jay-cutlers-helmet-controversial-moments-of-Ndamukong-Suh.gif

Jay?

Ndamukong-Suh-finishing-move-on-Jay-Cutler-controversial-moments-of-Ndamukong-Suh.gif

Jay stahp

Ndamukong-Suh-facemask-Jake-Delhomme-controversial-moments-of-Ndamukong-Suh.gif

Welcome to the NFL kid.

ThatsMydefensivelineman.gif

MechDX

[

Where you at Trent Truck?

Where you at Marion Barber?

Sit down Red Rifle.

Jay, what are you doing?

Jay?

Jay stahp

Welcome to the NFL kid.

ThatsMydefesivelineman.gif

IFWT-hit.gif

Suh don't be an ass!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22399-1378915513-9.gif

Suh have some class!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-16436-1378917635-32.gif

Suh don't be a douche!

ndamkong-suh-low-block_original.gif

Suh stahp!

thatsyourclasslessass.gif

effzee

Howie Roseman was just asked at the owners meeting about the DJax rumors, he said he is currently under contract. :(

Yup.

And isn't Chip scheduled to speak too? I bet he also gives some stupid answer.

Dogs aren't people?! Thanks for clearing that up.

Animal attacks a person? Destroy the dog. Fine. Doesn't make what he did acceptable by any stretch of imagination.

Who is trying to make it acceptable?

The point was he served his time. Lost his money and lost 2 years of his NFL life. What else do you want him to do or go through?

And I'll stick by defending his play on the field when actually healthy. The two years with turnovers left and right were the last 2 years with Reid where everyone top to bottom seemed to have quit. OLINE was missing 4 out of 5 starters and Vick was getting blasted 2 seconds after snapping the ball. He tried to do way too much and would turn it over by trying to make a miracle play every play.

It wasn't shocking to see him do well with Chip when he renewed the focus on the run game and the OLINE was healthy and better.

I'll root for him to do well with the Jets with my crimzon brotha.

cdyhybrid

Suh doesn't know how to play any other way. He is a bully like incognito and should be treated as such.

Poor Matt Schaubs balls. He hasn't been the same since. :(

Now that Schoob is gone, Mech is acting like he feels bad for him and that he wasn't the guy burning his jersey or loitering outside Schoob's house to hurl abuse at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom