• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farooq

Banned
It is weird with religion. I can call dudes who threatened me for leaving Islam 7th century assholes and not get banned.

Like the first chapter in the quran, Kas was right. The last line is basically "help me god don't let me incur your wrath". I am not trying to sidetrack this thread, but Islam has a lot of old fucking beliefs that in no way can exist in any modern society. Maybe Kas was little too antagonistic with his posts.

I was being sarcastic. Overall, just seems poor taste to fail your argumentative points and just attribute alcoholism to the other party.

No one was attributing alcoholism to anyone. He was just pointing out that this argument by you seemed a bit sillier then normal, and joking saying that was due to having a few beers at lunch.

Sanjuro

What in the flying fuck are you talking about?

Vick of the Falcons days didn't give a shit and it showed. With the Eagles he had to rededicate his whole life around football and because even he admitted to not putting in the work while with the Falcons. He has been a model citizen on and off the field with the Eagles and if not for his injuries would still be the starting QB.

What exactly didn't Vick accept from Chip? Vick wasn't guaranteed a starting job. He won it over the pre season by playing really well. Throughout the season Chip credited Vick with leading the team even when he was benched in favor of Foles. Oh and he wasn't pulled because he wouldn't or couldn't learn Chip's system...he was pulled because of his hamstring injury and because how well Foles started to play.

He wasn't pulled because he didn't buy into Chip or perform well. He is an average QB and I don't expect him to stay healthy or lead a franchise now to the playoffs or SB but he is a capable QB especially as a veteran back up. If he could have stayed healthy I think he would have led the Eagles to the playoffs too.

Feel like it's pretty clear what I'm talking about.

I already pointed out that Vick had a great season in Philly when something actually mattered.

There is very little sample size with Chip, but his offensive philosophy is very different than what Vick is used to. Chip likes to dink and dunk, maintain possession, eat clock. Vick likes to attempt to show off his inaccurate arm and run around a bunch.

If Vick is a backup in the NFL, it's not going to be by choice, and he isn't going to the Jets to backup or mentor anyone.

I already pointed out that Vick had a great season in Philly when something actually mattered.

There is very little sample size with Chip, but his offensive philosophy is very different than what Vick is used to. Chip likes to dink and dunk, maintain possession, eat clock. Vick likes to attempt to show off his inaccurate arm and run around a bunch.

If Vick is a backup in the NFL, it's not going to be by choice, and he isn't going to the Jets to backup or mentor anyone.

The Eagles were last in time of possession, and first in plays longer then 20 yards. Chip and Vick were a great match, and if Vick hadnt gotten hurt Vick would still be the QB today.

Sanjuro

No one was attributing alcoholism to anyone. He was just pointing out that this argument by you seemed a bit sillier then normal, and joking saying that was due to having a few beers at lunch.

Wasn't sure his point then, or which discussion he was attaching that comment that to. Either way, if I'm purposely throwing out a silly argument, I'm not going to bother defending it or drag others down in discussion. Not my style!

Who drinks at lunch when you work anyway

Grown ups with jobs, gata.

It is weird with religion. I can call dudes who threatened me for leaving Islam 7th century assholes and not get banned.

Like the first chapter in the quran, Kas was right. The last line is basically "help me god don't let me incur your wrath". I am not trying to sidetrack this thread, but Islam has a lot of old fucking beliefs that in no way can exist in any modern society. Maybe Kas was little too antagonistic with his posts.

So does Christianity (and I'm sure every other religion) but you know...whatever.

Sanjuro

The Eagles were last in time of possession, and first in plays longer then 20 yards. Chip and Vick were a great match, and if Vick hadnt gotten hurt Vick would still be the QB today.

I'm talking about his general mindset going in. Vick didn't flourish or play particularly well in the limited sample size we have to look at. In the end, I'm going to look at his career as a whole and judge his time in Philadelphia.

"If Vick hadn't gotten hurt" is a whole other discussion, and one that isn't realistic. I highly doubt we are even talking about the Eagles without Foles lighting it up.

Farooq

Banned
Grown ups with jobs, gata.

So does Christianity (and I'm sure every other religion) but you know...whatever.

Yea your right. I am not going to continue this though, this thread is about the NFL. And now that Kas is gone. Someone needs to be a homer for their qb.

Tony Romo! Wooooooo! Higher career passer rating than Tom Brady! Woooo! and Jason Garrett is his coach...how does he do it? Amazing.

I'm talking about his general mindset going in. Vick didn't flourish or play particularly well in the limited sample size we have to look at. In the end, I'm going to look at his career as a whole and judge his time in Philadelphia.

"If Vick hadn't gotten hurt" is a whole other discussion, and one that isn't realistic. I highly doubt we are even talking about the Eagles without Foles lighting it up.

Foles really played really well last year, we'll see how he continues into year 2.

I think I know what Kas was trying to say, he just did so a bit too harshly. Either way, it'll allow me to have faith in the Packers' future attempts for glory until he comes back and serves us all up a heaping helping of truthfacts about the incoming Lions dynasty.

Yea your right. I am not going to continue this though, this thread is about the NFL. And now that Kas is gone. Someone needs to be a homer for their qb.

Tony Romo! Wooooooo! Higher career passer rating than Tom Brady! Woooo! and Jason Garrett is his coach...how does he do it? Amazing.

Same numbers of rings to.

MechDX

Ryan Fitzpatrick is my quarterback.

ap12010216666.jpg

effzee

What didn't matter in the other seasons? Did he not lose his long term contract because of the 2 bad seasons? He went from a long term deal worth a lot to a restructured 1 year try out deal.

Chip likes to dink and dunk? Really? Maintain possession and eat clock? Wow tell me more. Is that why he wants to run the hurry up offense no matter what the down and distance or score of the game is? Is that why he also ran the hurry up with Foles and Barkley? And the zone read option?

Yeah you really don't know what you are talking about then.

Yeah, I don't think Vick is going there to be a backup.

Pretty sure they told Vick he will have a great chance to start if Geno shows the slightest regression or doesn't seem like the QB of the future. I say this because Vick did say if he didn't land a starting job he rather come back and back up Foles. So if he took the Jets offer he has have been promised at least an open competition to win the job.

But I am also sure the Jets nothing more than to see Geno out play Vick and start. It would mean their starting QB for the reasonable future is found.

Sanjuro

Eagles fan? Maybe?

My god.

Coaches change their offensive philosophies, and Chip adapted to the NFL pretty great for his first season. He had the help, but he looks good. As an Eagles fan, why are you salty?

Also, I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't believe Vick can play an entire season. The only one!

I've got to take up the banner in the homie Kas' absence.

Just like Matthew Stafford will take up his place among the Elite Quarterbacks this year. Top 5

RTR2014

You've already failed Kas. He would say Stafford is already the Elite Quarterback, one that Peyton and Brady worship. His is a Golden Arm delivered by the Gods and perfected by McDonalds and Baskin Robbins. Now, stare at this picture:

And think about how you've let your Lion brothers down.

Go Bears

effzee

My god.

Coaches change their offensive philosophies, and Chip adapted to the NFL pretty great for his first season. He had the help, but he looks good. As an Eagles fan, why are you salty?

Also, I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't believe Vick can play an entire season. The only one!

Sure. We all know Chip coming out of college was known for his dink and dunk west coast offense, maintaining long drives, and eating up clock!

This fast paced hurry up zone read was something rogue Vick forced onto Chip!

And lol @ kas. What a moron. Was warming up to his act but seriously advocating the murder of 500 people? And digging deeper holes by inaccurately translating Arabic even when we have native Arab speakers telling him he is wrong?

Colasante

Chris Mortenson seems convinced that Mark Sanchez is going to sign with the Eagles. I don't totally understand that from the Eagles' perspective. They have Barkley, Terrelle Pryor is available in a trade and may soon be released, and the draft will present backup QB options as well.

Tom Penny

If the Patriots don't sign Knowshon Moreno, MJD would be a nice alternative. Hopefully he'd be more productive than Fred Taylor was here.

I've always thought they would kick the tires on MJD eventually. RB is the last priority anyway. Law Firm is a perfect example of that. Average back putting up 1000 yards and 10+ TD's.

Chris Mortenson seems convinced that Mark Sanchez is going to sign with the Eagles. I don't totally understand that from the Eagles' perspective. They have Barkley, Terrelle Pryor is available in a trade and may soon be released, and the draft will present backup QB options as well.

Chip will begin to field 3 QB System.

Sanjuro

Sure. We all know Chip coming out of college was known for his dink and dunk west coast offense, maintaining long drives, and eating up clock!

This fast paced hurry up zone read was something rogue Vick forced onto Chip!

And lol @ kas. What a moron. Was warming up to his act but seriously advocating the murder of 500 people? And digging deeper holes by inaccurately translating Arabic even when we have native Arab speakers telling him he is wrong?

I've already admitted that I don't watch college sports. No need to. So, that's what I gathered from what I had seen of Oregon. He ran a heavy passing, high possession offense. Could be wrong there, my bad.

What I'm not wrong about? The Jets signing Vick as a $5 million dollar back up quarterback, Vick playing well with Chip, Vick being a durable quarterback, or even a good one.

I'm sure you'll get over the loss of Vick someday. Hopefully the Eagles haven't relocated by then!

I just heard that on the radio. I cant believe people are saying it would be a good signing. WTF, I want nothing to do with the Sanchize. He has been garbage his whole time in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom