• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 25s
And @mortreport is reporting that, pending a physical, former Jets QB Mark Sanchez is expected to sign with the Eagles.

sogood.gif

Sigh, D Wash is likely going to be suspended the first multiple games again. He had an aggravated assault charge on him from his psychotic gf who's been tagged with assault on a previous bf in the past herself. I'm pretty sure she went wild on him and he defended himself, likely a tad too aggressively. In any case, the trial kept getting pushed off month by month but today he finally plead guilty to a minor charge and will be sentenced at the end of April. I'm guessing there will be some sort of settlement and Goodell will suspend him 4 games or so.

It's such a massive blow to lose him for these stretches, this better never happen again. He's been on the straight and narrow since these two charges (substance abuse, close time frame) and wants to be a leader so it's time to prove he can stay out of trouble and lead by example. He's too damn good to screw up his career so let's get this over with and never get in trouble again, dammit. I hope the early portion of our schedule is amongst the easiest. Normally you'd rather have the end stretch soft but he's that much a difference maker as evidenced in our first four games last season where he was sorely missed.

MechDX

Yankee am cry.

BIC-lighter-in-slow-motion.gif

Sanjuro

And @mortreport is reporting that, pending a physical, former Jets QB Mark Sanchez is expected to sign with the Eagles.

sogood.gif

Wow. No wonder all the Eagles fans are enamored with Michael Vick.

I'm sorry. Jets win.

JABEE

I'm just going to pretend this is all a joke.

:jnc

Matthew Stafford is the best QB in the league and Suh is going to dominate all.

:kas

Overload Overload Overload

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

effzee

I've already admitted that I don't watch college sports. No need to. So, that's what I gathered from what I had seen of Oregon. Could be wrong there, my bad.

What I'm not wrong about? The Jets signing Vick as a $5 million dollar back up quarterback, Vick playing well with Chip, Vick being a durable quarterback, or even a good one.

I'm sure you'll get over the loss of Vick someday. Hopefully the Eagles haven't relocated by then!

Show me anywhere where I said he is durable? That's his biggest problem. He is never healthy and can't play more than 5-6 games in a row.

But yes you are dead wrong about everything else. I don't follow college sports period but anyone and everyone who paid the slightest attention knew what style of offense Chip runs and why everyone was curious to see how it would translate into the NFL. I mean it was the only thing people would talk about when discussing the Eagles since the day he was hired. Whether his fast paced, given 0 shits about the time of possession, and mobile QB requiring offense would work in the NFL and with Vick.

Chip ran a hurried up offense at Oregon. He ran the offense with a zone read QB which required a lot of QB scrambles and runs. He did the same with the Eagles even when Foles and Barkley were playing. Vick fit the system perfectly and was playing really well until he got hurt. Foles stepped in and played so well that there was no need for Vick now.

My lamenting of Vick leaving is basically because I wanted him as an insurance policy. Foles had 1 good season. Don't want to rely on him completely just yet. He already suffered a serious concussion or two. I rather have Vick as the back up than Sanchez or Barkley (who showed nothing). And $5 million would have kept Vick on the Eagles then they should have paid him. Not like we used that money anywhere else to improve.

Just frustrated with the overall off season and this supposed inevitable Desean trade which will make the offense much less explosive.

Chris Mortenson seems convinced that Mark Sanchez is going to sign with the Eagles. I don't totally understand that from the Eagles' perspective. They have Barkley, Terrelle Pryor is available in a trade and may soon be released, and the draft will present backup QB options as well.

Well as we have just learned, Chip's system requires dink and dunk passes and is all about eating clock. So Sanchez fits?

FUCK WHAT ARE YOU DOING CHIP? Sanchez over Vick? Trading Desean? Malcom Jenkins as our Safety?

Sanjuro

I'm not dead wrong about everything else! You don't pay $5 million dollars to bring a quarterback in as a backup.

...unless the Eagles paid Sanchez $5 million, then we just exposed you as the Eagles's GM!

But..yeah. That last couple sentences just shows you are salty. I used to know your pain.

Show me anywhere where I said he is durable? That's his biggest problem. He is never healthy and can't play more than 5-6 games in a row.

But yes you are dead wrong about everything else. I don't follow college sports period but anyone and everyone who paid the slightest attention knew what style of offense Chip runs and why everyone was curious to see how it would translate into the NFL. I mean it was the only thing people would talk about when discussing the Eagles since the day he was hired. Whether his fast paced, given 0 shits about the time of possession, and mobile QB requiring offense would work in the NFL and with Vick.

Chip ran a hurried up offense at Oregon. He ran the offense with a zone read QB which required a lot of QB scrambles and runs. He did the same with the Eagles even when Foles and Barkley were playing. Vick fit the system perfectly and was playing really well until he got hurt. Foles stepped in and played so well that there was no need for Vick now.

My lamenting of Vick leaving is basically because I wanted him as an insurance policy. Foles had 1 good season. Don't want to rely on him completely just yet. He already suffered a serious concussion or two. I rather have Vick as the back up than Sanchez or Barkley (who showed nothing). And $5 million would have kept Vick on the Eagles then they should have paid him. Not like we used that money anywhere else to improve.

Just frustrated with the overall off season and this supposed inevitable Desean trade which will make the offense much less explosive.

Well as we have just learned, Chip's system requires dink and dunk passes and is all about eating clock. So Sanchez fits?

FUCK WHAT ARE YOU DOING CHIP? Sanchez over Vick? Trading Desean? Malcom Jenkins as our Safety?

None of these things really happened, right? :(

squicken

RIP Brother kas. In his honor, more opinion on the next great NFL QB

Brandt: Manziel is going to be an outstanding NFL player

Later that year, I watched Manziel against Alabama on the road, and he led the team to victory over the No. 1 team in the nation, a team that went on to win the national championship. Manziel finished his first season in the 2012 Cotton Bowl by leading A&M to a 41-13 win over a very good Oklahoma team. His performance that night was unbelievable, both running and passing.

I think Manziel came to Texas A&M as a running-type QB, but quickly became a very good passer. I've said many times that he reminds me of Hall of Famer Fran Tarkenton when he played in the NFL, only I think Manziel has better athletic ability.

I will be at Manziel's workout Thursday and feel that people will be surprised at how well he passes that day, both in terms of accuracy and also when they see his arm strength.

Manziel is going to be an outstanding NFL player for many years, for three reasons: He's one of the great competitors of all time out of college; he's an exceptional athlete; and he has the ability to bring your team from behind and win games when you're hopelessly out, like he did against Duke in this year's Chick-fil-A Bowl.

This guy is something special, and I'm excited to watch him in person Thursday.

effzee

So what did Kas get ganked for?

For advocating the murder of 500 Muslim Brotherhood prisoners by the Egyptian Military because Islam = bad peoplez.

Back to the Eagles...WHY?

I wonder what role Gamble had in any of this. This seems like a Howie off season with emphasis on not signing FAs simply because it may backfire unlike those sure fire draft picks which always work out!

I'm just trying to keep things positive.

I dont see how anyone can be positive now. This is as bad an offseason as a team could have. Much tougher schedule next year, added one player to the #31 defense and that player sucks big time, about to lose their best WR for nothing, no backup QB, their big offseason move is for a 5'9'' 31 year old RB, still no kicker other then Henry, and now we see that Chip will run guys out of town if they are not "his" guy. This offseason is a total disaster.

For advocating the murder of 500 Muslim Brotherhood prisoners by the Egyptian Military because Islam = bad peoplez.

Back to the Eagles...WHY?

I wonder what role Gamble had in any of this. This seems like a Howie off season with emphasis on not signing FAs simply because it may backfire unlike those sure fire draft picks which always work out!

Hey who knows he might trade away all your draft picks too, lol

effzee

Eagles are making a strong push for second place in the Offseason Losers Bracket.

The sad thing is that they did make some smart moves in picking up Sproles and special team aces who should help a ton.

But then not signing one of the premier safeties available was a terrible decision. Settling with Jenkins doesn't make it better. Letting Vick walk to replace him with Sanchez? Trading Desean because he is flashy? Cooper used the N word and gets a 5 year deal. McCoy had real social media drama and a case against him for throwing someone off a bus but no Desean is the bad boy.

Jets ownder Woody came out today and said they want Desean but only if he is released. Won't trade for him. Makes sense any team interested. That way they can re-do his deal, give him a bonus now to lower his cap hit, and structure it to be more team friendly. I bet Desean prefers a release himself over a trade.

At this point Chip and the Eagles have to make it work with Desean for another season at least. Releasing him gets us nothing in return plus we still pay 6M in dead money.Go ahead and draft a WR or 2 anyway since this is the best WR draft since the beginning of civilization and then try to move him next off season.

effzee

I dont see how anyone can be positive now. This is as bad an offseason as a team could have. Much tougher schedule next year, added one player to the #31 defense and that player sucks big time, about to lose their best WR for nothing, no backup QB, their big offseason move is for a 5'9'' 31 year old RB, still no kicker other then Henry, and now we see that Chip will run guys out of town if they are not "his" guy. This offseason is a total disaster.

I had forgotten about the tougher schedule and Henery as our FG kicker still.

BUT HEY THE DRAFT! THAT SOLVES EVERYTHING!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

sogood.gif

LMAO

So.. they basically swapped QBs, only the Jets got the better part of the deal.

Oh god, and if they trade DeSean...

/flushes toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom