• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colasante

The 49ers have a ridiculous amount of picks now. 6 picks in the top 100. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do something crazy like trading up for Sammy Watkins now.

Who did the Ravens even lose last year? all i can think of are Kruger and Reed to FA. Who did the Jets lose? Revis was traded, so he doesn't count.

Weird.

The 49ers have a ridiculous amount of picks now. 6 picks in the top 100. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do something crazy like trading up for Sammy Watkins now.

Oakland would love that.

yeah been hoping for that for a while now.

Here we go again guys!
WSQUGLw.jpg

Jesus, it's like Rusty has to visit us every day.

Colasante

Who did the Ravens even lose last year? all i can think of are Kruger and Reed to FA. Who did the Jets lose? Revis was traded, so he doesn't count.

Weird.

Ravens lost Ellerbe, Reed, Kruger, and Cary Williams, all to high Average Per Year deals, which is a large factor in the pick equation. Jets lost Shonn Greene, Yeremiah Bell, Mike DeVito, LaRon Landry, Dustin Keller, and Matt Slauson.

Syrinx

More metrics on the top QBs of the draft

BjbtsusCMAAJYVw.jpg:large

This chart really puts Bridgewater in a good light. 72.4% comp. pct plus 15 TDs and only 1 INT when facing five or more rushers. Ability to handle pressure is easily one of the most important parts of evaluating a QB, and Bridgewater seems to have that part down. Though I haven't really studied his tape, so I can't say for sure.

squicken

Doug Whaley: Buffalo Bills 'all in' with EJ Manuel

"We're secure with our quarterback position. Obviously we're all in with EJ, and with Thad (Lewis) and Dennis Dixon and Jeff Tuel," Whaley said from the NFL Annual Meeting in Orlando, Fla. "We're really excited with what we bring to the table at that position."

Whaley said the Bills never inquired about Michael Vick before he landed with the New York Jets and don't plan to add a veteran who would threaten to steal snaps from Manuel.

"We wouldn't do it unless they knew they were coming in as a backup and a mentor to EJ, so it would have to be the right fit," said Whaley. "And they would have to come in knowing their slot."

Not really surprising, but I do wonder what happens if a guy they like is there in the 2nd or 3rd round

Leo ain't winning an Oscar. Ever.

They'll give him a Lifetime Acheivement Award (AKA Sorry you lost all of those years but thanks for playing! award) when he's like 75.

Is it true that he has never won an Oscar?

It is, yes.

Thought he deserves it this year over Matthew McConaughey. I thought his performance in Dallas Buyers Club (which had strong performances but was an average movie, IMO) was good but Leo's was better. The weight loss and physical transformation factor though...

For the record I thought Hill deserved it over Leto as well but then Wolf was my best film of 2013 so I'm a bit biased there.

cajunator

Banned
It is, yes.

Thought he deserves it this year over Matthew McConaughey. I thought his performance in Dallas Buyers Club (which had strong performances but was an average movie, IMO) was good but Leo's was better. The weight loss and physical transformation factor though...

For the record I thought Hill deserved it over Leto as well but then Wolf was my best film of 2013 so I'm a bit biased there.

I think Academy awards are full of shit anyways. For all the great movies Tom Hanks has been in for example and he only has two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom