• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

As someone who recently had to see his father in a hospital bed (open heart surgery, he's ok now) that picture really hits hard. Hope Jim pulls through, an absolute all-time great.
Hospitals are the worst.

Feel for anyone who is ever stuck in hospital bed.

And the stories about the food being garbo are all true.

dionysus

Yaldog
Book of Eli is one of my favorite settings in a movie. Love that world, makes me crave another Fallout. Watched The Road thanks to Godslay, another great movie as well in an amazing world.

Book of Eli is good. After Earth is based upon L Ron Hubbard's fiction, who was a bad writer, who created a bad cult, and who definitively proved that there is no hope for humanity long term since he convinced a bunch of people to worship him no matter how blatant his greed got. Can we really blame Whitta for collecting a paycheck?

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 2m
Here at UNC Pro Day where TE Eric Ebron has registered three drops so ffar

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 6m
Gettleman said cutting Steve Smith was "a football decision," and expressed how difficult it was. Compared it to Babe Ruth getting cut.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 2m
#Panthers GM reminds nobody thought Giants WR Victor Cruz was going to be a star in 2011. He caught 82 passes for 1,536 yds.

Time for McNutt (Jerry Rice Jr.) to shine

Crisco

Banned
Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 2m
Here at UNC Pro Day where TE Eric Ebron has registered three drops so ffar

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 6m
Gettleman said cutting Steve Smith was "a football decision," and expressed how difficult it was. Compared it to Babe Ruth getting cut.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 2m
#Panthers GM reminds nobody thought Giants WR Victor Cruz was going to be a star in 2011. He caught 82 passes for 1,536 yds.

Time for McNutt (Jerry Rice Jr.) to shine

This should be McNutt's TD celebration,

annie-swing.gif

I think his EPL team is on the bubble for getting relegated. Needs to open that checkbook

Guess he likes shitty teams lol
She's 19 it appears so we're safe from being labeled perverted old men.

Well at least you are. I'm old enough now that I can't escape said label when talking about a 19 year old.

I'm there too :(

I got an $18 iTunes credit because Apple are shiesty motherfuckers.

What book should I buy?

Ahvarra from a fellow nfl gaffer (his name escapes me at the moment) unless you bought it already

I think his EPL team is on the bubble for getting relegated. Needs to open that checkbook

Not just on the bubble. Fulham's in last place.

Also:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-legitimate-chance-to-start-for-jets/6862253/

Michael Vick and Geno Smith will have a legitimate chance to emerge as the New York Jets' Week 1 starting quarterback, head coach Rex Ryan said Tuesday at the NFL annual meetings.

"It's going to be a really interesting competition to watch," Ryan said. "Geno Smith is going to be hard to beat out.''

Vick, who signed a one-year, $5-million deal Friday after the Jets released Mark Sanchez, will push Smith in an open competition this summer with each having the chance to secure the starting job.

"Will there be legitimate opportunities? Absolutely," Ryan said during Tuesday's AFC coaches breakfast. "In an ideal situation, they both earn the job. That's the way to do it and you can't go wrong in my opinion. Any competitor, you better want to be the starter at that position. Only one guy can be back there."

effzee

I guess he's staying? I don't know what to believe any more.

Most likely they were shopping him around. They didn't like the interest or compensation they would have received. Figured its better to roll with him (for at least another year) then to let him go for nothing.

I bet they still draft a WR somewhere early, like in the first 3 rounds. Won't be mad with that. This draft is supposed to be the best ever for WRs so why not take one? Desean is 27 and his game is all speed so once that goes, he goes. Maclin is coming off of two ACL tears and is only on a 1 year try out contract. Cooper is just someone who benefits from all the attention everyone else gets. Avant they already released. So with or without Desean WR seems like a likely pick early on.

This way if whoever they draft can emerge as a great WR, they can move Desean next year no matter what without worrying about WRs being a huge need.

I also assume Chip and the FO expect Ertz to be much much better in year 2 and overall they will utilize TEs (hopefully including Casey) much more.

MRSA

Banned
If I had to be in a hospital other than for work. I would be at Keck ICU, the entire staff is good looking. Even the ones with short hair.

Max Henson ‏@PanthersMax 13m
Gettleman used credit card analogy to describe mindset with increased cap number: "The smart thing is to pay it off, not max it out again."

Translation: We're not paying for Desean Jackson. Get that silly thought out of your heads Panthers fans

If I had to be in a hospital other than for work. I would be at Keck ICU, the entire staff is good looking. Even the ones with short hair.

I got an appendectomy when I was fourteen, and my nurse was so hot, it hurt not to be take care of business due to the infection from my ruptured appendix leaving my entire groin feeling like I got hit by a truck. Plus I was in a hospital and jerking it there seemed unsavory. Wanted to bang so much.

Later afterwards I found out she was friends with my English teacher, who I also wanted to bang.

MRSA

Banned
You're a good man.
Let's go out for mustard covered meatball subs sometime.

No

I got an appendectomy when I was fourteen, and my nurse was so hot, it hurt not to be take care of business due to the infection from my ruptured appendix leaving my entire groin feeling like I got hit by a truck. Plus I was in a hospital and jerking it there seemed unsavory. Wanted to bang so much.

Later afterwards I found out she was friends with my English teacher, who I also wanted to bang.

The hospital I work at doesn't have very many hot nurses. Our PAs are hot as fuck though.

effzee

Max Henson ‏@PanthersMax 13m
Gettleman used credit card analogy to describe mindset with increased cap number: "The smart thing is to pay it off, not max it out again."

Translation: We're not paying for Desean Jackson. Get that silly thought out of your heads Panthers fans

Well recent revelations indicate DJAX is not going anywhere and that he spoke to Chip about it.

Let us hope so.

I do find it funny that GM's convince fans that spending money or signing players is somehow bad. You have to pay good players good money. Owners making billions and the GM convinces us we should worry about cap space and how much a WR is making? Good luck converting McNutt into a superstar. Carolina should have been smart and traded their 2nd round pick for DJAX. Him and Cam together would have been great.

Now? My boi Matt Ryan is coming to reclaim the NFC South.

Well recent revelations indicate DJAX is not going anywhere and that he spoke to Chip about it.

Let us hope so.

I do find it funny that GM's convince fans that spending money or signing players is somehow bad. You have to pay good players good money. Owners making billions and the GM convinces us we should worry about cap space and how much a WR is making? Good luck converting McNutt into a superstar. Carolina should have been smart and traded their 2nd round pick for DJAX. Him and Cam together would have been great.

But draft picks are cheap, and the draft has a 100% success rate. FA cant compare to that.

Let us hope so.

2nd round pick? lol lol lol

And as far as spending money, you can't spend it if you don't have it.

Unless Desean is taking a 50% pay cut, we don't have it.

cdyhybrid

@PaulPabst: NFL Head of Officials Dean Blandino told @dpshow that dunking the ball over the goal posts will be a penalty next season

Way to go, Jimmy.

effzee

2nd round pick? lol lol lol

And as far as spending money, you can't spend it if you don't have it.

Unless Desean is taking a 50% pay cut, we don't have it.

I was under the impression you guys were one of the teams with room.

Oh well good that you don't have room.

DJAX was selected as a 2nd round pick and has played as a first rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom