• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Mike Pettine of the land of Cleve on the big qbs

This section in particular:

Pettine reiterated the company lines that the Browns don’t feel pressed to force the issue at quarterback at No. 4 and may be content to select one – even two, but not likely – later in the draft.

“It’s a position that’s important for us and we are putting a lot of work into it,” he said. “The fourth pick, I think there’s going to be some outstanding players available. But I also think we are in a position, given where the roster is right now, that if that best player is a quarterback, we’re in a position to take him. And if it’s not, I think it’s a deep enough class that we could pursue that option later in the draft.

sums it up for me as well. Grab the QB whenever, don't feel compelled to take one at #4 unless you like him that much.

dionysus

Yaldog
can anyone here recommend words of radiance?

It's great. The best larger than a trilogy epic fantasy series currently in development. Quality is similar to Way of Kings with no drop off. (Might even be better if you like Shallan more than Kaladin.) It has a completely different focus and style from GRRM.

I went to a Words of Radiance signing so I am a pretty big fan.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I didn't know until today that Graham used to play basketball and that's why he does the dunk celebration. Cool.

Were you aware that New Orleans was nearly destroyed by a hurricane? Or did you just think that people from Louisiana just loved Houston that much?

Also, it's crazy that Drew Brees was passed up by the Dolphins but Sean Payton had faith!

Fox I'm gonna say this in the nicest way my friend, Sanchez sucks. He's always sucked. He'll never stop sucking.

All I know is that USC quarterbacks should never be trusted.

effzee

I'll say this much.

If we do sign Sanchez with the coaching we have and the offensive weapons plus the OLINE, Sanchez would have to look 10 times better than he ever did for the Jets.

Who is he dating now btw? Someone legal?

cajunator

Banned
Were you aware that New Orleans was nearly destroyed by a hurricane? Or did you just think that people from Louisiana just loved Houston that much?

Also, it's crazy that Drew Brees was passed up by the Dolphins but Sean Payton had faith!

All I know is that USC quarterbacks should never be trusted.

stop please. I hear it repeated enough and it doesnt need to be said in here.
The NFL media is ridiculous.

MechDX

BjR0mC4CYAAUHYT.jpg

#FITZMAGIC #BOB #SUCKITCOLTS

effzee

10 times 0 is still 0 though.

I see it as us rescuing a tortured dog from the hell hole that is the Jets offensive football operations. Can anyone of us really imagine the pain of playing for Rex and the offensive genius the Jets have employed over the years and weapons like Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes?

Maybe we can rehabilitate him? Turn him into a 2nd round pick down the road ala AJ Feely?

Draxal

can anyone here recommend words of radiance?

It's more of the same, although I think the filler is more boring in this one while the highs are higher than Way of Kings. There is also more references to his other books in this one, so I didn't get the references but others did and nerded out over it.

I see it as us rescuing a tortured dog from the hell hole that is the Jets offensive football operations. Can anyone of us really imagine the pain of playing for Rex and the offensive genius the Jets have employed over the years and weapons like Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes?

Maybe we can rehabilitate him? Turn him into a 2nd round pick down the road ala AJ Feely?

Aside from Pete Carroll if anybody is familiar with Sanchez it'll be Kelly. He remembers him from his College days.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What qualifies as a dunk anyway? What if he does a pseudo dunk where he gets close to the bar and throws it over with force but never actually touches the bar. Is that still a dunk?

I think he should just stand 15 feet away from the the posts and just shoot a free throw.

Wes

venison crêpe
What qualifies as a dunk anyway? What if he does a pseudo dunk where he gets close to the bar and throws it over with force but never actually touches the bar. Is that still a dunk?

I think he should just stand 15 feet away from the the posts and just shoot a free throw.

Fine, if he doesn't use the ball.

MechDX

dream_medium.gif

Arian has already done the Dream Shake.

ShaneB

Instead of extending the uprights, just raise the whole thing by 5 yards. Then you don't have to worry about dunks. Kill two birds with one stone.

This makes too much sense.

Also, be a man a spike the ball and get on with your day. Leave the basketball dunks to basketball.

There is no "hot star QB" so I don't believe it would be outrageous demand.

Swap firsts, throw in a 2nd and a 4th. I would do that for the Texans. Even at 6 they would still get Mack and/or have a choice of 2 of the top 3 QB's.

I was just making fun of kas. I dont really believe it would only take a 3rd.

KingGondo

Banned
BlackGhost said:
Mike Pettine of the land of Cleve on the big qbs
Browns should draft Bridgewater at 4.

There's very little chance he'll be worse then mediocre, and that's a huge upgrade from every QB they've had since 1999. Mediocre QBs can make the playoffs.

Plus he seems to really relish the mental side of the game, and I think he's a guy the rest of the team can rally around.

gutshot

Tom Condon relayed the fascinating and humorous story of Peyton Manning’s free agency. With 12 teams interested, Condon licked his chops, anticipating a certain record-breaking deal. Manning, however, was in charge; he would make four visits and then decide. Now down to four instead of twelve teams, Condon was disappointed but still confident in a megadeal. Manning, however, said he wanted to pick the team first, before any negotiations would ensue, meaning Condon was now down to one team to negotiate with. And when Manning picked Denver, he simply asked Condon:

“What does Tom Brady make?”

“$18 million a year.”

“Then I don’t want to make a penny more than that.”

Condon’s visions of a $25 million a year deal were dashed, although the Broncos’ opening offer was $19.4 million a year. Condon phoned to tell Manning, who was incensed:

“I told you I didn’t want to make more than Brady!”

Condon apologized, hung up and called Manning’s wife, who responded, “I’ll take care of it,” and coaxed Manning to accept the Broncos’ offer.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/25/nfl-owners-meetings-primer/

I'm glad that in the face of increasing scrutiny for player safety, locker room harassment and PEDs, the NFL scored a victory where it truly counts: against Jimmy Graham.

RIP Ralph Wilson

Tenumi

Banned
Al Davis, William Clay Ford Sr., Ralph Wilson... feels like the leagues lost a lot of long time owners in such a short amount of time. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom