• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

BUQm3KB.gif

effzee

I'm glad they're prioritizing this no fun stuff over player safety

They will spin it as something to do with player safety.

You could potentially twist your ankle when you land or if you are a veteran player not make it all the way up to dunk.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 3h
Asked about the work ethic issue on Clowney: "When the game's on the line, Jadeveon plays hard," O'Brien said. #Texans

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 5h
O'Brien likes private workouts. Doesn't think the #Texans have one with Manziel. "He's got his Johnny Day." (Thursday)

I don't think BOB is too high on Manziel

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 44m
Atlanta Falcons are open to trading up in draft, per league sources. Falcons are first team known to be willing to go up.

Someone in love with local boy Clowney?

ShaneB

They will spin it as something to do with player safety.

You could potentially twist your ankle when you land or if you are a veteran player not make it all the way up to dunk.

Considering that no one jumps on home plate now for a celebration, it's not that far fetched.

Some interesting videos at nfl.com from the Owners meetings.

Is taunting becoming out of control?

can anyone here recommend words of radiance?

? I mean if you've read Way of Kings and liked it, it would make sense to continue on. I haven't read either, but I know Words of Radiance is getting plenty of love as well.

Tom Penny

Celebrations shouldn't be part of the game not just on scores. I'm sick of player making celebrating a good hit on a 20 yard gain when the team is getting smoked by 20 in the 4th. Barry Sanders had it right.

bionic77

DJax will have a better season this year then every player drafted in the 2nd round, and it wont even be close.
If you wanted to replace him you should have drafted his replacement last year. Receivers don't really contribute until year 2.

I remember when we used to draft for the future instead of the present. :(

effzee

If you wanted to replace him you should have drafted his replacement last year. Receivers don't really contribute until year 2.

But this is is going to be the greatest draft in history for WRs.

The real reason is probably his constant contract begging, size which has upheld well surprisingly, and now with 1 year under his belt Chip knows what he can and can't get away with. He probably thinks with the addition of Sproles and guys like Ertz going into their 2nd season he has enough on offense to run his style, risk loosing Desean, and pick up a WR from this draft who can contribute day 1.

If the Jets trade anything more than a 5th for Jackson they would be nuts.

Only way Decker is efficient for you guys is if you have a better WR opposite him taking all the attention.

Decker can be your Cooper.

Greg

Until we see proof this is how I envision you dunking...
fair enough

Celebrations shouldn't be part of the game not just on scores. I'm sick of player making celebrating a good hit on a 20 yard gain when the team is getting smoked by 20 in the 4th. Barry Sanders had it right.
you sound like a fun teammate

All Praise Goodell, our righteous and tolerant commissioner!
:jnc

The President congratulating Greg for Dunking his way onto the Globetrotters.
that kid isn't white enough to be me!

exarkun

Texans almost can't pass on Clowney unless they trade down.

Is any coach falling into the "bad work ethic" narrative that everyone talks about, or are they all breathing heavily in a silent room when they watch his private workout/40 at the combine?

Gonna go with the latter.

If they had actually planned any of this out they would have moved DJax before FA even began. Lots more teams where looking for WRs then, plus the extra cap space would have let them try and get a real safety. This all seemed like a knee jerk reaction to something. Thankfully it seems like the craziness has passed now.

MechDX

Texans almost can't pass on Clowney unless they trade down.

Is any coach falling into the "bad work ethic" narrative that everyone talks about, or are they all breathing heavily in a silent room when they watch his private workout/40 at the combine?

Gonna go with the latter.

Mack is gaining ground on him.

bionic77

But this is is going to be the greatest draft in history for WRs.

The real reason is probably his constant contract begging, size which has upheld well surprisingly, and now with 1 year under his belt Chip knows what he can and can't get away with. He probably thinks with the addition of Sproles and guys like Ertz going into their 2nd season he has enough on offense to run his style, risk loosing Desean, and pick up a WR from this draft who can contribute day 1.

Only way Decker is efficient for you guys is if you have a better WR opposite him taking all the attention.

Decker can be your Cooper.
If you want the WR to contribute day one it's usually just on go routes. Just like with qbs it takes an entire season to learn how to play. Guys like Randy Moss are extreme exceptions.

If you want the WR to contribute day one it's usually just on go routes. Just like with qbs it takes an entire season to learn how to play. Guys like Randy Moss are extreme exceptions.

Moss basically ran go routes the first year, just no one could cover him so they worked.

Mike Pettine of the land of Cleve on the big qbs
Full article
http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&post_id=30251

* On Bortles:

“He has all the measurables. If you look at him, if you said draw me an NFL quarterback, that's probably who you'd draw. I think the thing that's impressive about him is his ability in crunch time in a lot of tight games, a lot of come-from-behind wins. You can see he's confident, can make all the throws. I think he's a better athlete than some people give him credit for.”

* On Bridgewater:

“I think he's extremely accurate. You can tell he's a very cerebral quarterback. He understands the game very well. Understands coverages, that kind of jumps off the tape at you. To me, he seems very unfazed by things. He plays very well under pressure. He's a guy that's NFL-ready. It doesn't seem to be too big for him. He kind of has that calming presence out there. Some quarterbacks get real emotional, get real fired up and he's not that. He kind of has that quiet confidence about him.”

* On Manziel:

“Gifted playmaker. The play starts when he makes the first guy miss. That's exciting to watch, but to transition to the NFL, he'll have to be able to play in structure, his fifth step, his foot hits the ground so that he can execute a throw. I don't think there's any reason to think that wouldn't happen and I think he's capable of doing it, but when you have that ability to improvise like that, that's what makes him special and maybe separates him from other guys.”

* On Carr:

“I think he's the best natural thrower as far as arm strength and when you're just looking at the guy, natural thrower, in the draft. Very physically-gifted. And a lot of times it's hard to bet against the family history as well. You're talking about like a Jake Matthews that it's the old 'don't bet against the genetics.' I think he certainly falls into that category as well.”

Fuck that.

The only thing that could have made the Super Bowl even more entertaining is if Demaryius Thomas broke out into an elaborate Bollywood song and dance routine when he broke the record for catches in a Super Bowl.

MechDX

And Belichick, who was the only coach not present for a head coach photoshoot on Monday, was asked why he didn't make it in time for the picture.

“I missed it," Belichick said. "Maybe they can photoshop me in there."

Bjk9wePCMAEVPhn.png:large

tmdorsey

6-8 is the worst place to be in the early half of the draft. The elite prospects are gone, and 6 just as easily could go 13. If no QBs go in the top 5, then ATL really doesn't get a stud OT or pass rusher

Exactly. I'm for trading up, but I do not want to lose a 2nd rounder in this draft to do it. A second in next year's draft and maybe this year's 3rd and one of our 4th's I could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom