• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Wilson put a clause in his will that the future owners of the Bills couldn't move them out of the general upstate NY area?

As far as I know the team goes to auction as his kids don't want to own it, it's ultimately up the NFL to decide if the team moves

Sanjuro

There is still a market for the Bills in Buffalo. I have no idea where the power is going to be directed now, but I can't help but believe Bills fans are saddened a bit, however, interested in what direction the team is going to head now.

Sanjuro

I don't get why they would move to LA though, they have no fan base here, it would be weird at least the rams or raiders have a history

LA is full of casuals, and the NFL is the hottest sport in the country. In 2014, it'll do fine.

That being said, Rams make much more sense. Buffalo can be salvaged under a good owner.

Bulldoze the trash stadium. Lower capacity, make the new place more intimate. License out the name. Actually acquire some talent. Back in business.

LA is full of casuals, and the NFL is the hottest sport in the country. In 2014, it'll do fine.

That being said, Rams make much more sense. Buffalo can be salvaged under a good owner.

Bulldoze the trash stadium. Lower capacity, make the new place more intimate. License out the name. Actually acquire some talent. Back in business.

Yeah that is not so easy.

JABEE

Yep. Leases are going to prevent the team from being moved for awhile, but who knows what is going to happen when the lease expires.

MechDX

Yep. Leases are going to prevent the team from being moved for awhile, but who knows what is going to happen when the lease expires.

Leases don't work if the owner declares he is leaving and puts the team in lame duck status. Bud Adams did that shit in Houston and the fanbase was just apathetic and the city let him go early.

Always a way out if the owner is an ass.

dionysus

Yaldog
Bring back anything goes celebrations. I loved the cell phone under the goal post padding. The idea that sportsmanship ever existed in any sport is a delusion held by old sports writers who like to think themselves superior to the heathens of current times.

I have as much disdain for moralizing about end zone celebrations as I have about the stupidity of the baseball writers purity tests for hall of fame admission. A hypocritical farce so that writers can feel superior to the athletes they slavishly cover.

Bring back anything goes celebrations. I loved the cell phone under the goal post padding. The idea that sportsmanship ever existed in any sport is a delusion held by old sports writers who like to think themselves superior to the heathens of current times.

I have as much disdain for moralizing about end zone celebrations as I have about the stupidity of the baseball writers purity tests for hall of fame admission. A hypocritical farce so that writers can feel superior to the athletes they slavishly cover.

I dont think people that took illegal drugs to give themselves a competitive advantage should be allowed into the HoF. I dont think it is a farce at all to keep them out.

dionysus

Yaldog
I dont think people that took illegal drugs to give themselves a competitive advantage should be allowed into the HoF. I dont think it is a farce at all to keep them out.

Every era did the exact same thing just with different drugs. That is why it is a farce. Hell the clubs used to dope the water they served in the dugout. Mantle, Maris, etc. all have some evidence of PED use.

cajunator

Banned

I remember when Lance moore got penalized in London after a TD for imitating the soccer celebration slide. IN ENGLAND.

LJ11

So long Ralph. I'm a fan because of the K-Gun, but I stayed a fan because of the city/fans that you helped foster.

It's a shame that any time the Bills are brought up there's talk of moving them. Field a good team, and come play against the Bills in January in that stadium. It's a rare home field advantage. Fans are there, you can't expect them to stay interested when we've been irrelevant for well over a decade, but there's a strong following, we just don't show up to the games...lol

Always talk of LA, when will people realize that the NFL doesn't want to move an existing team into LA, but create an expansion team so they can all split the piles of money they'll all share when they sell a franchise to LA.

Every era did the exact same thing just with different drugs. That is why it is a farce. Hell the clubs used to dope the water they served in the dugout. Mantle, Maris, etc. all have some evidence of PED use.

So since other people have cheated in the past we can never try to curtail cheating? Sucks that they did that stuff in the past but we cant change that, we can try to prevent future cheating though.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 33s
Talked with #Texans GM Rick Smith a little bit ago. Sounds like he agrees with OB that the "top 3" QBs aren't in a class by themselves.

Baiting that hook.....c'mon Atlanta, bite.

MechDX

Lance Z breaks down Bridgewater:

http://www.thesidelineview.com/columns/draft/ranking-top-three-qbs-2014-nfl-draft-teddy-bridgewater

Like Manziel, Bridgewater was blitzed on 29% of his throws, but the results were much better than Manziel’s. While Manziel’s completion percentage fell 12% when blitzed, Bridgewater stayed right at 71% and saw his yards per attempt go from 8.5 to 11.3 YPA. Anyone who blitzed Bridgewater got the ass torn out of them (is that a scouting term?) with 16 TDs to 1 INT. A whopping 51.6% of Bridgewater’s TD passes came when blitzed which, remember, was just 29% of his pass attempts. In fairness, Bridgewater faced a lower level of defensive competition than Manziel.

I tried to find a hole in Teddy’s poise or toughness based on the data, but I couldn’t really do it. In fact, in “close and late” situations which I defined as the 4th quarter with a score range of +7 to -7, Bridgewater was 26 of 39 (66%) for 306 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs.

Bridgewater is very capable with is play-action bootleg throws as long as he’s moving right and that is one of my problems with him. While I really like Teddy’s toughness, poise and accuracy, I’m worried defensive coordinators will rush him from his right and force him left and that is an issue. Bridgewater was just 7 of 17 for 55 yards and no TDs when moving to his left via rollout or scrambling. When scrambling or rolling right, he was 20 of 30 for 266 yards and 2 TDs.

Moreover, Bridgewater had just 1 TD to go with 1 INT on 60 pass attempts to the left from 6-15 yards. When making intermediate throws to the right, he had 4 TDs to 0 INTs on 63 attempts. The same issues left and right are found with his deep ball where he completed 33% of his passes 16+ yards to the left while completing 51.2% of deep balls to the right. Bridgewater hit some home runs deep which is to be expected on the college level, but he completed just 44.3% of his deep balls compared to 51.9% for Manziel and 49.2% for Bortles who both show better NFL-caliber touch on those throws when you watch them.

So long Ralph. I'm a fan because of the K-Gun, but I stayed a fan because of the city/fans that you helped foster.

It's a shame that any time the Bills are brought up there's talk of moving them. Field a good team, and come play against the Bills in January in that stadium. It's a rare home field advantage. Fans are there, you can't expect them to stay interested when we've been irrelevant for well over a decade, but there's a strong following, we just don't show up to the games...lol

Always talk of LA, when will people realize that the NFL doesn't want to move an existing team into LA, but create an expansion team so they can all split the piles of money they'll all share when they sell a franchise to LA.

It's a real shame the Bills haven't been competitive in so long. Great franchise and fan base. If they want a team in London or LA, I don't know why they don't expand the league. The product won't be watered down, and it seems like there's demand for it.

Wes

venison crêpe
Deadspin article on Belichick

Belichick managed to take a shot at the league on another review issue, adding more cameras to the field—especially near the end zone—to better inform replay reviews. The only argument against it has been the cost of the cameras. For Belichick, that doesn't fly in a multibillion dollar league.

"The camera idea we've been talking about for years, but that's never been formally discussed by the membership...We just spent, whatever it was, how many millions of dollars on the replay system. I mean, there's a thousand cameras in every stadium, so that if somebody spills a beer on somebody, we have it on record, right? Maybe we could have a bake sale. Raise some money for the cameras. Do a car wash."

So since other people have cheated in the past we can never try to curtail cheating? Sucks that they did that stuff in the past but we cant change that, we can try to prevent future cheating though.

Let them in. Sports writers weren't saying shit when McGwire and Sosa were jacking home runs. Everyone and their mom knew they were juicing, but the writers were too busy sucking their dicks to care. Now it's a 'scandal' and these same guys are wagging their fingers from their high horse. It's bullshit.

Deadspin article on Belichick

Belichick managed to take a shot at the league on another review issue, adding more cameras to the field—especially near the end zone—to better inform replay reviews. The only argument against it has been the cost of the cameras. For Belichick, that doesn't fly in a multibillion dollar league.

"The camera idea we've been talking about for years, but that's never been formally discussed by the membership...We just spent, whatever it was, how many millions of dollars on the replay system. I mean, there's a thousand cameras in every stadium, so that if somebody spills a beer on somebody, we have it on record, right? Maybe we could have a bake sale. Raise some money for the cameras. Do a car wash."

I can picture it now...tom brady in a wet t-shirt, daisy dukes and uggs, washing a car while droves and droves of....men....wait in line watching....*shudder*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom