• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinluck

It's great. The best larger than a trilogy epic fantasy series currently in development. Quality is similar to Way of Kings with no drop off. (Might even be better if you like Shallan more than Kaladin.) It has a completely different focus and style from GRRM.

I went to a Words of Radiance signing so I am a pretty big fan.

I've already ordered both books for $14 :)

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 57s
Top 5 OTs in the 2014 NFL Draft: 1) Zach Martin 2) Taylor Lewan 3) Joel Bitonio 4) Greg Robinson 5) Jake Matthews BASED ON TALENT ONLY

Damn. Squicken is right, Jayson likes to go against the norm.

squicken

ATL crew thinks the Browns want HoHoyer to win the starting job

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...m-the-nfl-annual-meeting?campaign=Twitter_atl

Damn. Squicken is right, Jayson likes to go against the norm.

I like Martin quite a bit, and think Mathews is more flawed than most people think. So I like that Jayson doesn't go with the flow, but obviously I think he's off in his rankings. The way Robinson just destroys people in the run game, it's too much to pass on as the top guy.

McKenzie on Schoob and losing Veldheer

Here is the full quote from McKenzie on Veldheer. I was asking about setback of botched Saffold signing and if that

was a setback, considering the players the Raiders lost out on on the first day of free agency.

"No, "McKenzie said. "It really wasn’t a setback. ... The setback was the one that got away from us.
"Losing Veldheer was a blow to me. He didn’t want to come back. It wasn’t about finances. The kid didn’t want to play for the Raiders anymore, and I struggled with that."

On Schaub -

“The guy can play," McKenzie said. "He’s done it year in and year out. I mean, he had some really good years in Houston, took them to the playoffs. The guy can throw the ball. You just look at the tape and you see the talent.
"He had some good plays last year. Take away some of the bad throws, and he looked alright. Things just didn’t go right with that whole team. And then players, Matt included, started to press and things got worse.
“We watched every game, and his struggles last year didn’t deter us.

I don't know about those guys, they think Terrelle Pryor is a good QB and gave DCs headaches last year.

HauU1Cq.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...m-the-nfl-annual-meeting?campaign=Twitter_atl

I like Martin quite a bit, and think Mathews is more flawed than most people think. So I like that Jayson doesn't go with the flow, but obviously I think he's off in his rankings. The way Robinson just destroys people in the run game, it's too much to pass on as the top guy.

I always get confused when you talk about the ATL crew I keep thinking it's people from Atlanta and wonder what the fuck do they know about other teams.

squicken

I don't know about those guys, they think Terrelle Pryor is a good QB and gave DCs headaches last year.

I find football writers in general have a blind spot for Pryor, same as they had for Freeman. I think they don't get that it's more than the physical tools. If the guy can't read a defense or won't do the work off the field, all the physical stuff won't matter

At least for QBs, the film is only part of it. Trying to project them from just watching games is so hard b/c we just don't know all the behind the scenes stuff involved

I find football writers in general have a blind spot for Pryor, same as they had for Freeman. I think they don't get that it's more than the physical tools. If the guy can't read a defense or won't do the work off the field, all the physical stuff won't matter

At least for QBs, the film is only part of it. Trying to project them from just watching games is so hard b/c we just don't know all the behind the scenes stuff involved

Think it may just be them not watching the Raiders and Bucs? I know that personally I was drinking the Freeman Kool Aid until I got a good long look at how he actually played.

As for Pryor. He had a stretch of games where he looked like he might turn out to be a star. He was also saying the right things - not wanting to fall in bad habits, putting in work off the field..anybody not taking more than a cursory look could be fooled.

squicken

Mayock was at Ebron's pro day. Thinks he could go top 10 depending on how the QBs get drafted. No way he falls past the Steelers at 15. Physically he's very close to Vernon Davis. Drops are from concentration. Natural hands catcher.

As for Pryor. He had a stretch of games where he looked like he might turn out to be a star. He was also saying the right things - not wanting to fall in bad habits, putting in work off the field..anybody not taking more than a cursory look could be fooled.

Yeah, it's more that. The people that saw those few games of his, which were impressive failed to see the rest of his season.

squicken

Think it may just be them not watching the Raiders and Bucs? I know that personally I was drinking the Freeman Kool Aid until I got a good long look at how he actually played.
d.

I know I had a higher opinion of Pryor b/c I had just seen the Colts and Steelers games. It wasn't until you really watched him play that you could see how limited he was.

As far as Freeman, I knew he was cooked two years ago when the Rams blitzed him to oblivion and he just could not see it coming and find the right WR. Took a bunch of sacks and threw bad picks. The stat guys loved him b/c he was young and had that one good year

I know I had a higher opinion of Pryor b/c I had just seen the Colts and Steelers games. It wasn't until you really watched him play that you could see how limited he was.

As far as Freeman, I knew he was cooked two years ago when the Rams blitzed him to oblivion and he just could not see it coming and find the right WR. Took a bunch of sacks and threw bad picks. The stat guys loved him b/c he was young and had that one good year

It's rough with Pryor cause his raw athleticism really covered for his inability to do reads, checkdowns, and his poor footwork for a very longtime.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

He just needs proper motivation.

BfMzSxW.jpg

have you even seen titanfall?

I'll get a ps4 sooner or later though

Titanfall does nothing for me for some reason. I'm probably becoming an old.

The only Xbox exclusive that ever really stole my heart is Project Gotham Racing and I probably won't get a Xbone untill Microsoft gets their shit together and comes up with PGR5

Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer 12m
RT @JonSDS: Florida-Florida State baseball game just had the benches clear. Jameis Winston looked like he was right in the middle.

THUG
THUG
THUG

Bread

Banned
Titanfall does nothing for me for some reason. I'm probably becoming an old.

The only Xbox exclusive that ever really stole my heart is Project Gotham Racing and I probably won't get a Xbone untill Microsoft gets their shit together and comes up with PGR5
none of the ps exclusives ever resonated with me, infamous looks amazing but i really never liked the gameplay of the last 2. can't wait for halo and destiny.

my left trigger is clicking a little...god dammit. im sure it works fine but it isnt smooth like the right trigger is.

squicken

Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer 12m
RT @JonSDS: Florida-Florida State baseball game just had the benches clear. Jameis Winston looked like he was right in the middle.

THUG
THUG
THUG

Fighting in hockey and baseball are fine and part of the game. I am curious how good he really is, though. Baseball players make so much more money than football players

none of the ps exclusives ever resonated with me, infamous looks amazing but i really never liked the gameplay of the last 2. can't wait for halo and destiny.

For me it has always been Sony. Crash Bandicoot, Gran Turismo, everything by Naughty Dog, Killzone (#DutchPride) have all been games I played to death.

Played on the 360 mostly on the last gen because my friends had one, but now they all switched to PlayStation, so I'm back in my comfort zone.

What you have with PS games, I have with Xbox exclusives (besides PGR). Gears, Fable and even Halo never did anything for me.

We're still friends right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom