• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
titanfall is fun as hell, as expected. i love the xbone so far. put my chromecast in the hdmi in for the ease of access.

i love this next gen feeling

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
jkpa9u2.jpg

I was 11 years old and my uncle took me to Orchard Park to see Jim Kelly take on Dan Marino. In typical fashion, the Bills lost in a heartbreaking manner. I didn't care. I was there in my Buffalo running suit, shivering in the blistering cold, but HOLY SHIT those were my heroes out there. Winning would have been nice, but just being there was one of the few highlights in an unbelievably shitty childhood.

That one moment, and a hundred others, was made possible by Ralph Wilson.

Fans haven't always agreed with his football decisions, but we all respected the hell out of the man. It's a sad year for his family and friends. I hope they all realize how much he meant to the city of Buffalo and to the legion of loyal fans.

RIP Ralph.

(And please pull through Jim).

bionic77

Speaking of the Raiders.. Al Davis would make this dude his first pick if he could.

beast-mode-37381.gif

Welcome to the club, bro.
In this case Al would be right.

Besides Timmons no one else in our team could run that Raiders fan down. I am going to send that video to our GM...

I'm just gonna say it, I really wish the Bills would have won at least one of those Super Bowls. No fanbase other than Patriots fans should ever have to go through something like that.

Weird I thought that he said he wanted to go to a contender. Surprised he turned the Seahawks down for more money from a team that missed the playoffs last year.

Here is the Mathis stuff:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 13m
Why can Evan Mathis be had via trade? At 32, he’s due $5.15M in salary in 2014, but he wants a new deal after breakout season, source says.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 16m
#Eagles have made it known Pro Bowl guard Evan Mathis is available via trade, sources say. So WR DeSean Jackson is not alone on trade block

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane 5m
#Eagles guard Evan Mathis does want a new contract, a source confirms @RapSheet report. Signed for 5-yrs, $25 mil. Will make $5.15 in '14.

I guess that explains the Bears suddenly reworking Cutler's contract the other day. I'm sure they gave Allen close to what he wanted. Overpaying aging defensive ends is the Chicago way.

Weird I thought that he said he wanted to go to a contender. Surprised he turned the Seahawks down for more money from a team that missed the playoffs last year.

The Bears offense averaged nearly 28 points a game last season, which I believe was second most in the league. If the defense wasn't such a dumpster fire they would have won 10+ games. Instead the D managed to give up nearly 30 points a game. Allen presumably thinks he can help change that.

edit:
Jeremy Stoltz ‏@BearReport 14s
RT @RapSheet Jared Allen’s contract: 4 years at $32M that voids to 3 for $24M. $15.5M is fully guaranteed, per source.

jaredAllen-joost5-mullet.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ugh. Of all the teams to go to, he picks Chicago.

Crisco

Banned
Was Jared Allen ever any good or were his numbers inflated because he played against Rodgers, Cutler, and whatever scrub the Lion's trot out six times a year?

The Bears offense averaged nearly 28 points a game last season, which I believe was second most in the league. If the defense wasn't such a dumpster fire they would have won 10+ games. Instead the D managed to give up nearly 30 points a game. Allen presumably thinks he can help change that.

edit:

If by help you mean completely sell out on the pass rush while ignoring running backs, then yeah.

Allen is still good but he is not what he was. Fun to watch and root for though.

Bears locked up the best pass rusher and QB in the division in one off season. Bravo.
I'm a Bears fan, but let's not go that far. But Emery has had a really good offseason so far. A combination at De of Houston- Allen-Young-Idonije and possibly Wooten if we bring him back is really exciting to me.

edit:

Wow at $15.5m for a 32 year old DE whose stats have decline for 3 straight years. I am betting that the Seahawks never offered anything close to that.

So what have we learned today? Ask for more money and Chip Kelly will ship your ass out of town.

This really does feel like when Banner first took over all over again. They would lock up the young guys to long contracts below market value before they had their break out seasons, and let everyone over 30 walk away. They never renegotiated contracts, ever. Mathis has been great since coming over so he does deserve more money. The idea that you would let your best OL leave because he is being underpaid is laughable. Everyone wondered if Chip's offense would work in the NFL, and it seems the bigger question is can he figure out the business side of things.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m
NFL has approved measure to extend the goal posts, as proposed by the Pats

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m
NFL voted down proposal to add players to IR-designated to return; also voted down extra points from the 25...

however while NFL will continue gathering info on extra points, in preseason Week 1 and 2, extra point snaps will take place from the 20

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
The NFL voted down proposal for kickoffs from the 40 and the move to eliminate the cutdown to 75 players

NFL approved expanding replay to account for loose ball situations like the Navarro Bowman play from the playoffs

NFL tabled the discussion of putting cameras on the goal line and boundaries and will continue studying that proposal

shame about the added IR-designated to return

Tom Penny

Although I don't like them taking away the excitement of the current extra point at least a 37 yarder is somewhat missable especially for bad weather teams.

Tenumi

Banned
So, uh, Packers, got any free agent pass rushers that'd fit a 4-3? Asking for a friend of mine... who uh... runs a team. Yeah, totally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom