• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Coffee ain't bad for you!

Coffee alone for breakfast? comeonson

You have aged tremendously in the last couple years. Fucking children!

After a night of drinking, all I want in my stomach is something warm and greasy from one of those breakfast sandwich places.

...hell even if I wasn't drinking!

manfestival

There are always a lot of good receivers. Not many great ones like Megatron that can carry a shit qb though.

The qb is still the most important part of the equation. Look at the elite qb's in the league and look at how many receivers they have made in their careers.

flacco is the most elite

ShaneB

Since I was in a rush this morning my breakfast was toast with all natural peanut butter and all natural honey, with water.

Dragon

Banned
I have Cheerios with Almond milk every morning. Man Almond milk is the best and doesn't give me the shits the way dairy milk does.

rando14

I had oatmeal + banana + raisins

washed it down with a big glass of Ovaltine while my coffee brewed

I have oat meal for breakfast too!! High five

Though in the next couple weeks I'm gonna start cutting out breakfast for intermittent fasting, I gotta drop some fat to get those abs showing nice for summer!! :cool: <-- summer shades

I have a drinkable yogurt for bkfst on weekdays and generally don't bother with it on weekends unless I'm doing some social activity early.

I like the idea of digital downloads and will use it for older games but I seem to still like to grab physical copies of new games. Maybe I'll consider digital for games that I don't see myself ever selling like Destiny and FFXV. Probably makes sense to get Madden digital too. I don't recall how digital works with going to someone else's house for the PS4. Yankee, I'm sure you remember?

rando14

I have a drinkable yogurt for bkfst on weekdays and generally don't bother with it on weekends unless I'm doing some social activity early.

I like the idea of digital downloads and will use it for older games but I seem to still like to grab physical copies of new games. Maybe I'll consider digital for games that I don't see myself ever selling like Destiny and FFXV. Probably makes sense to get Madden digital too. I don't recall how digital works with going to someone else's house for the PS4. Yankee, I'm sure you remember?

Drinkable yogurt? Is that, like, Gogurt lol

Dragon

Banned

As long as you're signed into your friend's PS4 under the account you bought the content for, you can download it there. If he goes to play that game when you're signed out, he won't be able to.

Yeah I hope he was talking about like a smoothie or something and there was a language difference.

I had Mcdonalds for Breakfast, idk why I went though. Everytime I eat it I feel like I made a huge mistake when finished.

image.php

Greg

I have oat meal for breakfast too!! High five

Though in the next couple weeks I'm gonna start cutting out breakfast for intermittent fasting, I gotta drop some fat to get those abs showing nice for summer!! :cool: <-- summer shades
the only way I could cut breakfast is if I woke up 4 hours later

I think it's the only meal of the day that I'm actually hungry

I saw Jared Allen is a bear. Is Slo ok?
his commemorative plate with Rodgers tied up is still relevant, so I think he'll be alright

I know on XB1 you can set a home console and any thing I download I can redownload onto my home console and my wife can play it at the same it as I can. I know there was talk about Sony doing the same thing, but we only have one PS4 and I havent tried to share games with anyone else. None of my real life friends who owned PS3s have gotten PS4s yet.

bionic77

Coffee alone for breakfast? comeonson

You have aged tremendously in the last couple years. Fucking children!

After a night of drinking, all I want in my stomach is something warm and greasy from one of those breakfast sandwich places.

...hell even if I wasn't drinking!
Kids do kill you.

But coffee is still better than whatever shit these kids are eating. Obviously it would better if I work up an hour earlier and drank a kale shake and had some Greek yogurt but I don't got time for that. I am lucky to eat 2 meals a day with twins.

Sorry, Yogurt smoothie. I just buy them at the grocery and it's so easy to just grab one from the fridge on the way out the door each morning.
As long as you're signed into your friend's PS4 under the account you bought the content for, you can download it there. If he goes to play that game when you're signed out, he won't be able to.

Yeah I hope he was talking about like a smoothie or something and there was a language difference.

Ok, that's what I figured, thanks for confirming that. With P2, Crom, and Honey Badger, I expect to intercept every pass FMT throws. I'm actually really curious to see what rating Madden has the Cards at compared to last year. Veldheer and Cooper alone should bump us up quite a bit.

Sanjuro

Kids do kill you.

But coffee is still better than whatever shit these kids are eating. Obviously it would better if I work up an hour earlier and drank a kale shake and had some Greek yogurt but I don't got time for that. I am lucky to eat 2 meals a day with twins.

I don't want none of that.

My usual routine is black coffee (always) and bagel.

If I'm feeling a bit more hungry I make or grab an egg, cheese, sausage sandwich.

Narag

Jay glazer twitter:
Just woke up to LITERALLY 46 missed calls from Jared Allen. He said 10 for heads up on his deal and 36 to see if I died. Ahh he loves me

bionic77

I'm debating this.

Still...it's 8 pieces and NO SIDE!!!!

What is this, Russia?
Be glad you live in the greatest country on Earth.

In Russia and the rest of Europe they would bake the chicken and cover it in mayo.

Southern Fried Chicken is obviously one of the 3 greatest inventions of all time and as with most great inventions it was created in the US of A.

It's easy to avoid sweets for me but god does fried chicken haunt me. The smell is intoxicating. I have to resist going there for lunch now, trying to eat better before summer.

So I can't remember, did the Vikings make any big moves? I feel like the winning move in the NFC North was not to play.

I felt they made some good moves, but I'm also a Vikings homer. :p

They plugged in 26 year old Linval Joseph (NT) from the Giants. He could be our next 'Pat Williams'; big body, is good against the run. GiantsGAF will have to correct me if I'm wrong, but it seemed it was pretty shocking that the Giants allowed him to walk so freely.
They also got Captain Munnerlyn (god I love that name) from the Panthers to work in the secondary with Professor X(avier) Rhodes and Josh Robinson. The Cap'n should definitely be an upgrade to the dumpster fire that has been the Vikings secondary (and the coaching of it) for the past few years.
Everson Griffen was re-signed, taking Jared's spot. I'm thrilled with that. As much as I loved watching Jared Allen these past 6 seasons, his production has plummeted while Griffen is just starting to go Beast Mode. Great timing.
Greenway's contract was restructured. That's good or 'meh' depending on which Vikings fan you ask. As a Iowa Hawkeye fan, I'm glad they are keeping him around. They need to get some better talent around him, however.

So nothing big and flashy, but areas of need that I imagine Mike Zimmer chose personally. Smart pick-ups, IMO.

Vikes still have a problem in their LB corp. I imagine their top draft pick will likely be whatever stud LB is on the board, but I really hope Zimm gives Michael Mauti and Gerald Hodges chances to win some jobs- something Frazier never did.
They also need a QB... but yeah... they always seem to need a QB.

I don't think GB should be concerned yet, but if the Zimmer/Norv Turner combo is the real deal, the NFC North could get real interesting in the coming years. :)

I felt they made some good moves, but I'm also a Vikings homer. :p

They plugged in 26 year old Linval Joseph (NT) from the Giants. He could be our next 'Pat Williams'; big body, is good against the run. GiantsGAF will have to correct me if I'm wrong, but it seemed it was pretty shocking that the Giants allowed him to walk so freely.
They also got Captain Munnerlyn (god I love that name) from the Panthers to work in the secondary with Professor X(avier) Rhodes and Josh Robinson. The Cap'n should definitely be an upgrade to the dumpster fire that has been the Vikings secondary (and the coaching of it) for the past few years.
Everson Griffen was re-signed, taking Jared's spot. I'm thrilled with that. As much as I loved watching Jared Allen these past 6 seasons, his production has plummeted while Griffen is just starting to go Beast Mode. Great timing.
Greenway's contract was restructured. That's good or 'meh' depending on which Vikings fan you ask. As a Iowa Hawkeye fan, I'm glad they are keeping him around. They need to get some better talent around him, however.

So nothing big and flashy, but areas of need that I imagine Mike Zimmer chose personally. Smart pick-ups, IMO.

Vikes still have a problem in their LB corp. I imagine their top draft pick will likely be whatever stud LB is on the board, but I really hope Zimm gives Michael Mauti and Gerald Hodges chances to win some jobs- something Frazier never did.
They also need a QB... but yeah... they always seem to need a QB.

I don't think GB should be concerned yet, but if the Zimmer/Norv Turner combo is the real deal, the NFC North could get real interesting in the coming years. :)

Havent you heard the Lions have already won the next 5 division titles. Best DL ever, and best 25 year old QB ever, the stats dont lie.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jason La Canfora &#8207;@JasonLaCanfora 2m
NFL tabled the discussion of putting cameras on the goal line and boundaries and will continue studying that proposal

WAT

Seriously, what in the world is so hard about this? Can't fix games as easily?

Colasante

According to the Boston Herald, the Patriots are considering moving cornerback Logan Ryan to free safety and free safety Devin McCourty to strong safety.
http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/03/patriots_may_take_look_with_logan_ryan_at_safety

Why would this work? Ryan&#8217;s ball-hawking skills are obvious. He&#8217;s instinctive and plays well in space, much like McCourty. He could also play in the slot, but there&#8217;s a logjam with Kyle Arrington and Alfonzo Dennard competing for that role, once Browner completes his four-game NFL drug suspension.

The Patriots like what Ryan brings, and want to get him on the field. So assuming he makes the transition, and outplays fellow second-year Rutgers product Duron Harmon, this looks like an alternative that would not only get him on the field, but take advantage of his abilities.

As for McCourty, he would just be in a different spot, and handle more in the box. He&#8217;s certainly one of the best tacklers on the team. He can also cover tight ends. Last season, he took over covering the Saints&#8217; Jimmy Graham after Aqib Talib went down to injury, and the tight end still went without a catch.

I'd like to see Devin McCourty switch to strong safety so he can go to a Pro Bowl at a third position.

MechDX

Just me or is the a LOT more trade talk this year than past years?

Schaub actually getting traded for something gives everyone hope?

Bread

Banned

What class do you play in PvZ? I am about to hit level 10 with my peashooter. That game is so much fun, we need to get on and play some time.

MechDX

fuck our safety coverage skills would be off the charts

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EM5UFF4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

BUY IT NOW!

What class do you play in PvZ? I am about to hit level 10 with my peashooter. That game is so much fun, we need to get on and play some time.

Usually bounce around in Garden Ops (co-op) depending on what the other players are using. Usually the sunflower though since most don't seem to know how to use it.

In Vs mode I am favoring the cactus. Using the barricades and potato mines to create choke points for objectives is awesome.

Tag is DX. Are you on my list?

ShaneB

It's been a pretty crazy offseason no doubt.

Debating posting in that Mark Cuban thread, but don't want to ruffle any feathers. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom