• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Are you losers buying all your next gen games online or sticking to discs?

I need to get FIFA so I can embarrass myself online with my weak skills (have not played it in 3 years).

gutshot

This really does feel like when Banner first took over all over again. They would lock up the young guys to long contracts below market value before they had their break out seasons, and let everyone over 30 walk away. They never renegotiated contracts, ever. Mathis has been great since coming over so he does deserve more money. The idea that you would let your best OL leave because he is being underpaid is laughable. Everyone wondered if Chip's offense would work in the NFL, and it seems the bigger question is can he figure out the business side of things.

I kinda like it though. Outside of misevaluations on a couple players (Dawkins being the most prominent), they were largely successful following that formula.

That being said if we trade Jackson and Mathis for peanuts, I will be pissed.

I need to get FIFA so I can embarrass myself online with my weak skills (have not played it in 3 years).

I'm gonna try to stick to discs. At least that way I can resell it if I need/want to.

Striker

Wow at $15.5m for a 32 year old DE whose stats have decline for 3 straight years. I am betting that the Seahawks never offered anything close to that.
He's had pretty consistent numbers, except for one season where he had 22 sacks. The contract is probably set up where he can be dealt with after two years, like how the Giants dealt with DRC.

ShaneB

Jeez at that Allen contract. Ah well! I can't imagine the Seahawks had anything close to that. Good thing too, don't want too much tied up.

Weird I thought that he said he wanted to go to a contender. Surprised he turned the Seahawks down for more money from a team that missed the playoffs last year.

Nope, he said right off the bat that he felt he deserved a contract equatable to his skills and that was multiple years or else he was content to retire. It was the only hope that he wouldn't sign with the chickens. On that team, without having to worry about anything else, I bet he'd still be a pretty damn effective pass rusher.

bionic77

Discs for me, will do that as long as they keep selling them on discs.
I think I will stick with discs for now but the download speeds are so fast that I am going to start digital just to see how it is. Not like sports games last long these days anyways. I am not going to be playing it 20 years from now like I did with ChronoTrigger or Super Metroid.

Mrbob

Depends on the game and if I plan on keeping it. If I don't plan on selling it ( like Dynasty Warriors 8XL ) I buy digital. If it is something like Watch Dogs I'll buy it on disc so I can trade it in.

So the Dolphins are trying to trade Mike Wallace now, too?

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora · 4m

Fins have renewed attempts to trade WR Mike Wallace during the league meetings. Teams doing homework on him. Contract makes it a tough trade

bionic77

I need to play Chrono Trigger again, that's a yearly tradition for me.
You seem to be right about everything.

You are like the complete opposite of Gata. Maybe Florida is not completely worthless.

Depends on the game and if I plan on keeping it. If I don't plan on selling it ( like Dynasty Warriors 8XL ) I buy digital. If it is something like Watch Dogs I'll buy it on disc so I can trade it in.
I never sell games.

I do buy some games used from Gamestop if I can't find them new anywhere else, but I try to avoid it. It doesn't seem like you get much money from them anyways unless you return it in the first few weeks.

Miamis on the books for 17.2M Cap hit for Wallace, with a trade it increases to 23.2, La Canfora is full of shit like usual, there is no way a team will trade enough to make up for that cost plus take on his ridiculous contract anyways.

You seem to be right about everything.

You are like the complete opposite of Gata. Maybe Florida is not completely worthless.

I never sell games.

I do buy some games used from Gamestop if I can't find them new anywhere else, but I try to avoid it. It doesn't seem like you get much money from them anyways unless you return it in the first few weeks.

Well I live in LA not Florida lol

MechDX

Miamis on the books for 17.2M Cap hit for Wallace, with a trade it increases to 23.2, La Canfora is full of shit like usual, there is no way a team will trade enough to make up for that cost plus take on his ridiculous contract anyways.

Matt Schaub needs his Dre in Oakland. How good is Wallace at turning around and coming back 5-7 yards because the ball is underthrown?

bionic77

Right about that too!

I knew you were in LA but I figured you had some ties to Miami and Florida.

bionic77

Matt Schaub needs his Dre in Oakland. How good is Wallace at turning around and coming back 5-7 yards because the ball is underthrown?
Wallace can just run go routes.

But he is pretty damn fast so he is good at those. Since he sucked last year maybe he will try and add some other things to his game this year other than just running past everyone.

revis.gif

LMAO good luck with that.

Right about that too!

I knew you were in LA but I figured you had some ties to Miami and Florida.

Ah I have family that used to live there but that's not why I like the Dolphins (don't actually remember lol)

rando14

32 with 15.5 guaranteed to Allen? Jeez that's quite a bit, I don't think we needed him at that price, especially since he's getting more than Michael Bennett lol

Oh well, have fun Bears!!

I need to play Chrono Trigger again, that's a yearly tradition for me.

Yooo that's a good idea, I think I'll play that again after I finish dark souls 2!!

cronoani.gif

gutshot

I know Eagles fans really wanted Byrd at safety, but it sounds like Chip Kelly just didn't rate him at all.

Lurie shed some light on why the Eagles did not go after Jairus Byrd, making it clear that if Kelly wanted the former Oregon safety, the team would have been aggressive in signing him.

"You’ve gotta allocate your resources what you think is best to win big," Lurie said. "Nobody knows the safety who the Saints signed better than our coach. I have very big confidence in that. And if he thought that we should allocate our resources to have that player be our safety for the next several years at that level, then that’s what we would have done.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/03/25/lurie-kelly-roseman-plan/

bionic77

seems like plenty of good WRs are out there for the picking.
There are always a lot of good receivers. Not many great ones like Megatron that can carry a shit qb though.

The qb is still the most important part of the equation. Look at the elite qb's in the league and look at how many receivers they have made in their careers.

Greg

jkpa9u2.jpg

I was 11 years old and my uncle took me to Orchard Park to see Jim Kelly take on Dan Marino. In typical fashion, the Bills lost in a heartbreaking manner. I didn't care. I was there in my Buffalo running suit, shivering in the blistering cold, but HOLY SHIT those were my heroes out there. Winning would have been nice, but just being there was one of the few highlights in an unbelievably shitty childhood.

That one moment, and a hundred others, was made possible by Ralph Wilson.

Fans haven't always agreed with his football decisions, but we all respected the hell out of the man. It's a sad year for his family and friends. I hope they all realize how much he meant to the city of Buffalo and to the legion of loyal fans.

RIP Ralph.

(And please pull through Jim).
:'(

welcome back from the ban!

Mrbob

Best Buy has been giving out some absurdly good trade in values recently. I got all my money back via trade value from a couple PS4 launch games I purchased.

If you aren't going to trade in then might as well go digital. No point in switching out discs.

bionic77

Anyone that eats breakfast at Taco Bell is no better than an animal (a lot of which would have the sense not to eat that garbage).

Coffee is my breakfast. If I really want to eat something I eat a real breakfast or fruit if I am in a rush. Seeing your eating habits I think I am going to better secure my trash can. I usually only worry about raccoons but with the way you people eat I think I will have to be on the lookout.

Sanjuro

Anyone that eats breakfast at Taco Bell is no better than an animal (a lot of which would have the sense not to eat that garbage).

Coffee is my breakfast. If I really want to eat something I eat a real breakfast or fruit if I am in a rush. Seeing your eating habits I think I am going to better secure my trash can. I usually only worry about raccoons but with the way you people eat I think I will have to be on the lookout.

Dislikes unhealthy breakfast.

Promotes unhealthy breakfast.

Well I have no doubt that every player picked in the 3rd and 4th rounds will be as good as the best guard in the NFL. That seems completely reasonable.

I am almost all digital this gen. SP only games I still buy on disk so that I can trade them in and lower the cost some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom