• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EM5UFF4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

BUY IT NOW!

Usually bounce around in Garden Ops (co-op) depending on what the other players are using. Usually the sunflower though since most don't seem to know how to use it.

In Vs mode I am favoring the cactus. Using the barricades and potato mines to create choke points for objectives is awesome.

Tag is DX. Are you on my list?

I added you last night, if you check your recent followers list I should be there. yankeeh8er is my GT.

Farooq

Banned
Fuck, a possible 4th for Mathis with a not so bad cap hit. It would be nice for Romo to have Tron, Mathis, and Fredbeard protecting him. 32 is not a bad age for a pro bowl guard considering the Cowboys brought in Waters at 37 and he was still playing at a high level.

MechDX

I added you last night, if you check your recent followers list I should be there. yankeeh8er is my GT.

Ill be on this evening. I really don't like this "follower" thing. Why cant you just add friends? My tag already attracts every 12 year old asking if Im Sean Michaels or Triple H and voice messages telling me to suck it repeatedly.

Mad Dawg 20/20 for breakfast.
Intervention!
franks-intervention-4e7482ef1adbc043_large.jpg

Ill be on this evening. I really don't like this "follower" thing. Why cant you just add friends? My tag already attracts every 12 year old asking if Im Sean Michaels or Triple H and voice messages telling me to suck it repeatedly.

You are adding friends. If I add you you are now on my friends list, and when I check my friends online it shows you. They just wanted to streamline the process. On the 360 if I wanted to add you, I had to send you a message and then wait for you to accept it. Now I just click add and it is done. It is a huge improvement over the old system.

They plugged in 26 year old Linval Joseph (NT) from the Giants. He could be our next 'Pat Williams'; big body, is good against the run. GiantsGAF will have to correct me if I'm wrong, but it seemed it was pretty shocking that the Giants allowed him to walk so freely.
It's the Giants MO with Defensive Tackles. They drafted his replacement last season (Jon Hankins) who played well as part of the DT rotation. He'll start this season.

Barry Cofield was drafted and Chris Canty was brought in via FA to take the place of an aging Fred Robbins who was the anchor for the line for a long time (big reason why the '07 line was as ferocious as it was). Cofield was allowed to walk to the Redskins when we drafted Linval.

My guess is we'll resign Mike Patterson after the draft if they don't add any further depth there. Patterson played really well last season for us and is perfect for veteran depth at the position. Cullen Jenkins isn't going to play too much longer though so don't rule out us going for Aaron Donald for our 12th pick either if he's there. Though a big part of me wants this to be a big offense draft for the Giants.

It's the Giants MO with Defensive Tackles. They drafted his replacement last season (Jon Hankins) who played well as part of the DT rotation. He'll start this season.

Barry Cofield was drafted and Chris Canty was brought in via FA to take the place of an aging Fred Robbins who was the anchor for the line for a long time (big reason why the '07 line was as ferocious as it was). Cofield was allowed to walk to the Redskins when we drafted Linval.

My guess is we'll resign Mike Patterson after the draft if they don't add any further depth there. Patterson played really well last season for us and is perfect for veteran depth at the position. Cullen Jenkins isn't going to play too much longer though so don't rule out us going for Aaron Donald for our 12th pick either if he's there. Though a big part of me wants this to be a big offense draft for the Giants.

I know you live and breathe NY Blue, Futurevoid, so how would you rate Linval? Is he worth the excitement that evidently came out of Winter Park when the Vikes signed him?

Draxal

Cofield was also Cornelius Griffin's replacement in the same exact manner, so I was rather shocked when the Redksins didn't pick up Joseph like they picked up Cofield and Griffin

Don't think Giants will go after Donald as a dt, just too small, I'm slightly warming up to Ebron, but I want an oline or Evans if the cause any of them to drop.

edit. Jolly: Joseph was by far our biggest loss this offseason, Tuck was a loss for sentimental reasons, but Joseph was the best dlineman on the team last year.

And it looks like I was off on the years Griffin left(2005 season) and Cofield came in(2006 season).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Are you losers buying all your next gen games online or sticking to discs?

I need to get FIFA so I can embarrass myself online with my weak skills (have not played it in 3 years).

Maybe because I'm an accountant but I'm still more price sensitive than anything. Lego Marvel popped up for $30 on PSN so I grabbed it. I hear Thief is $30 as well but not too sure. Basically I'll buy it wherever it's cheap.

I tried subway breakfast, never again.

Pft, they have good breakfast. Bacon, egg, and cheese with the peppers and onions toasted. Topped with salt and pepper.

Matt Schaub needs his Dre in Oakland. How good is Wallace at turning around and coming back 5-7 yards because the ball is underthrown?

So....trade Dre to Oakland?

Lol apparently Taco Bell is releasing their Breakfast menu soon

who in the name of dick goes to taco bell to buy Hash Browns and coffee!!

You must not live in nor been to Texas. Mexican food is huge for breakfast here so I get what they're doing. I like chorizo, egg, and cheese breakfast tacos....and Mexican breakfast is dirty cheap and tasty.

MRSA

Banned
So many poors at Popeyes. Gonna wash down this greasy fried chicken with some Miller High Life followed by the finest dessert wine MD 20/20. Jak would be proud.

Sanjuro

So many poors at Popeyes. Gonna wash down this greasy fried chicken with some Miller High Life followed by the finest dessert wine MD 20/20. Jak would be proud.

Yeah. I'm worried about that as well. I'd be heading after class is done and be exposed to a whole new style of education.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I felt they made some good moves, but I'm also a Vikings homer. :p

They plugged in 26 year old Linval Joseph (NT) from the Giants. He could be our next 'Pat Williams'; big body, is good against the run. GiantsGAF will have to correct me if I'm wrong, but it seemed it was pretty shocking that the Giants allowed him to walk so freely.
They also got Captain Munnerlyn (god I love that name) from the Panthers to work in the secondary with Professor X(avier) Rhodes and Josh Robinson. The Cap'n should definitely be an upgrade to the dumpster fire that has been the Vikings secondary (and the coaching of it) for the past few years.
Everson Griffen was re-signed, taking Jared's spot. I'm thrilled with that. As much as I loved watching Jared Allen these past 6 seasons, his production has plummeted while Griffen is just starting to go Beast Mode. Great timing.
Greenway's contract was restructured. That's good or 'meh' depending on which Vikings fan you ask. As a Iowa Hawkeye fan, I'm glad they are keeping him around. They need to get some better talent around him, however.

So nothing big and flashy, but areas of need that I imagine Mike Zimmer chose personally. Smart pick-ups, IMO.

Vikes still have a problem in their LB corp. I imagine their top draft pick will likely be whatever stud LB is on the board, but I really hope Zimm gives Michael Mauti and Gerald Hodges chances to win some jobs- something Frazier never did.
They also need a QB... but yeah... they always seem to need a QB.

I don't think GB should be concerned yet, but if the Zimmer/Norv Turner combo is the real deal, the NFC North could get real interesting in the coming years. :)

So basically...no.

I'd say that's a win over paying Peppers or Allen. But let's not kid ourselves, I'm not saying that the Vikings suddenly aren't garbage.

I think every Packer fan here agrees that the Packers are just the least sucky team every season out of the NFC North despite what Kas may say about the Lions. Bears fans occasionally think they're good but reality always hits....

MechDX

So....trade Dre to Oakland?

All for that! been saying to trade him for a few months now.

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 16m
As we sit today, I personally think that IF O'Brien is leaning 1 direction, it's towards Jimmy Garoppolo in the 2nd round. #Texans

I agree. I am starting to believe the Texans are leaning this direction if they don't trade out.

Don't think Giants will go after Donald as a dt, just too small, I'm slightly warming up to Ebron, but I want an oline or Evans if the cause any of them to drop.
Depends on if they're looking for more of a pass rusher in the middle but yeah I don't disagree on his size. The Giants proved last season they wanted big butts on that front line. They'll eventually have to draft someone after Cullen moves on but that's something they have time to deal with.

I'd take Evans over Ebron but both could be gone by 12 (Bills could take Ebron at 8 and Lions take Evans at 10). With the #12 pick you'd be looking at a tackle and I don't know if they go that route either. They have too much money wrapped up in Beatty and I don't think they want to move Pugh. We aren't touching a corner, IMO after the spree we just went on with the position so I'd almost prefer to just trade back and go for a Zack Martin or a Guard later in the first.

So basically...no.

I'd say that's a win over paying Peppers or Allen. But let's not kid ourselves, I'm not saying that the Vikings suddenly aren't garbage.

I think every Packer fan here agrees that the Packers are just the least sucky team every season out of the NFC North despite what Kas may say about the Lions. Bears fans occasionally think they're good but reality always hits....

didn't you guys pick up Letroy Guion from the Vikes in FA?

I'll apologize in advance.

Striker

Cofield was also Cornelius Griffin's replacement in the same exact manner, so I was rather shocked when the Redksins didn't pick up Joseph like they picked up Cofield and Griffin

edit. Jolly: Joseph was by far our biggest loss this offseason, Tuck was a loss for sentimental reasons, but Joseph was the best dlineman on the team last year.

And it looks like I was off on the years Griffin left(2005 season) and Cofield came in(2006 season).
Giants seem to pick up pass rushing DT's in FA (Robbins, Canty [to a degree], Jenkins, Patterson). I think they'll look for more depth on the DL some time. Donald wouldn't be bad but I'm with Future in wanting a heavy offensive draft.

Joseph was the team's biggest loss, but assuming they add more depth the DT's won't be bad. I thought Jenkins played the best ball since he was moved all around the place, but Linval was very solid himself. The team's current DE situation is pretty ugly. For the drat, besides Clowney, the ends aren't very super impressive either. Hopefully DaMonster steps up or JPP can regain some 2011-level of play.

squicken

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt
I speak to @JManziel2 frequently and I'd never question his mental capacity. Rates up there w Matt Ryan in terms of football smarts.

Twitter got salty about this, but I like the idea that JFF is talking ball with Gil.

Crisco

Banned
I don't get it man, Manziel is the most obvious QB bust in decades, how do some teams not see this? You can't compare him to Brees and Wilson, those two have elite arms, while Manziel is average at best. All you're left with is an undersized improvisational player who'll excite a fanbase but not much else.

MechDX

I don't get it man, Manziel is the most obvious QB bust in decades, how do some teams not see this? You can't compare him to Brees and Wilson, those two have elite arms, while Manziel is average at best. All you're left with is an undersized improvisational player who'll excite a fanbase but not much else.

Wut? Manziel has a good arm actually I just don't think he is 100% committed to football and doesn't have great mental abilities for QB

Yup. Manziel charming everybody into overlooking his clear faults.

Dragon

Banned
Charlotte's mayor just got hauled out of office by the FBI, on corruption charges.

They made it! They're finally a real city!

tumblr_inline_myxwahIb6T1rcz1c7.gif

http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2014/03/26/13/41/54VTX.So.138.pdf

The complaint and law enforcement affidavit allege that Cannon accepted the bribes from the undercover FBI agents on five separate occasions. On the last occasion, on February 21, 2014, Cannon allegedly accepted $20,000 in cash in the Mayor’s office. According to the complaint and the affidavit, between January 2013 and February 2014, Cannon allegedly accepted from the undercover agents over $48,000 in cash, airline tickets, a hotel room, and use of a luxury apartment in exchange for the use of his official position.

What a fucking idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom