• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakeon

The Gabbert trade is bizarre. Not like we gave up anything of value, a 6th rounder in a draft we already had a fuckton of picks in isn't going to matter.

Like the Bethea signing, he should be better in pass coverage than Whitner. Takes care of our safety need, just need to either sign Brown now or go for a CB in the draft.

MechDX

WOW! "@ESPNNFL: THIS JUST IN: Saints now plan to trade RB Darren Sproles due to heavy interest. He will not be released.

--Sproles Twitter

Patriots gonna get:

peppers
ware
allen
revis
welker Jr
talib

each all for 1 million a season, cheaps gonna cheap to a W B^)

haha they ain't getting none of them

squicken

Seems Veldheer told the Raiders he was gone unless given a huge deal. I think that makes more sense than Reggie just letting him walk. Don't want to force a player to stay who doesn't like it there

The Eagles. Chip Kelly turned Riley Cooper into a superstar, why would he waste a 1st round pick for a slight offensive upgrade, especially when DeAnthony Thomas will be available in the 5th or 6th rounds?

:( Feels bad. Tavon is the kind of player that needs a very good coordinator. With Schotty he is so wasted

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
WOW! "@ESPNNFL: THIS JUST IN: Saints now plan to trade RB Darren Sproles due to heavy interest. He will not be released.

--Sproles Twitter

Sproles as an extra running back with Megatron, Mike Evans/Sammy Watkins, Bush and Bell, combined with one of the best offensive lines in the game?

Hell yes. Sproles was crucial for Brees, and our current OC Joe Lombardis playcalling. What would be the trade value on Sproles? Instead of drafting a RB just send a 5th rounder or something for him. Great player out of the backfield as a checkdown option.

Sproles as an extra running back with Megatron, Mike Evans/Sammy Watkins, Bush and Bell, combined with one of the best offensive lines in the game?

Hell yes. Sproles was crucial for Brees, and our current OC Joe Lombardis playcalling. What would be the trade value on Sproles? Instead of drafting a RB just send a 5th rounder or something for him. Great player out of the backfield as a checkdown option.

Stafford will still throw side arm

;)

rando14

Michael Bennett ‏@mosesbread72 3h
@hatcher97 wat up sack master
BIG DADDY ‏@hatcher97
@mosesbread72 trying to get like you. Lol

troll-2-oh-my-god-300x165.jpg

The Gabbert trade is bizarre. Not like we gave up anything of value, a 6th rounder in a draft we already had a fuckton of picks in isn't going to matter.

Like the Bethea signing, he should be better in pass coverage than Whitner. Takes care of our safety need, just need to either sign Brown now or go for a CB in the draft.

I don't get it either. Gabbert is clearly damaged goods (could be argued that he was dead on arrival). You don't want that kind of QB backing up Kaep.

gutshot

Jenkins signing for that tells me everything. I hope they make up for it somehow. I need hope.

So if they sign Byrd and Revis tomorrow you'll still say this offseason is a failure?

Their ratings might be off but every single stat points to Jenkins sucking. You can't possibly be happy with this terrible move.

I'm not blown away by it, but I don't think it is a terrible move. Everything I've read about Jenkins suggests he is a talented player who just hasn't been able to put it all together yet. Maybe a change of scenery is what he needs?

Missed tackles aside, he did make plays last year (2.5 sacks, 2 INTs, 2 FFs). Bottom line, he is better than what we had.

Now if that is the only move they make to upgrade their defense, then I won't be happy. But I will wait to see how this offseason plays out and then judge it on the whole, not jump to conclusions after each individual move.

Jarnet87

When we officially cut Revis I am going to go back and look at the 2013 draft and think about all the stud players we could have had. Then I'll realize that the Bucs stink and would have whiffed on the pick anyways. I am dead inside. At least Schiano got us Lavonte the goat David.

rando14

Not sure that means anything. They grew up in cajun-land around the same time

Yeah there's no way we can afford him unless he desperately wants a chance to contend and takes a massive paycut. Oh well :(

I'm not blown away by it, but I don't think it is a terrible move. Everything I've read about Jenkins suggests he is a talented player who just hasn't been able to put it all together yet. Maybe a change of scenery is what he needs?

Missed tackles aside, he did make plays last year (2.5 sacks, 2 INTs, 2 FFs). Bottom line, he is better than what we had.

Now if that is the only move they make to upgrade their defense, then I won't be happy. But I will wait to see how this offseason plays out and then judge it on the whole, not jump to conclusions after each individual move.

Jak posted these, take it for what you will:

Mike Clay ‏@MikeClayNFL
QBs completed 75% of passes and had a 103 rating vs. Malcolm Jenkins last year. His 16 missed tackles tied for 4th most at safety. #Eagles

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF
In the past 3 seasons Malcolm Jenkins has missed 45 tackles, more than 1 per game he has played.

JABEE

So if they sign Byrd and Revis tomorrow you'll still say this offseason is a failure?

Okay. I'll be patient. Just nervous that the secondary will be as atrocious as it was this year.

Talon

You haven't seen him play in your division for 3 years. He is not good football person.

DMczaf

Aren't you the real morons? Trading a high first round pick for a player, and then not using his best skills? ....also then trying to release him a year later?....

The morons you are referring to are now longer employed by the Buccaneer organization. Clean-up crew are making things right.

Chris Clemons is available and would have been a much better move, they settled on cheap instead of good.

squicken

You guys need some defensive players too. You just lost your safety and the CB situation still isn't so hot

Love the Whitner signing, kind of lateral move with Ward, but like his size and speed better.

Dansby I loved a few years ago. Has had a much better career than D'Qwell Jackson, so this is an improvement even with age, as D was just a year younger. Gonna be drafing some LBs methinks.

The Bengals WR, never even heard of him, they have so many, doubt this hurts them, hope kid helps us out, Bess was awful.

Wonder what we'd have to give up for Revis, Haden and Revis combo would be neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom