• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Retweeted by Seth Payne

DJ Gallo ‏@DJGalloEtc · 7m
Jim Harbaugh seems like a bit of a jerk, but acquiring Blaine Gabbert just to yell at him and tell him he sucks is pretty low.

Farooq

Banned
Sad to see Ware go, but the writing was on the wall. Better to let a player go a year early than a year late.

I don't expect Ware to last an entire season if he plays every down. He is turning 32 next season and his body is breaking down. Hopefully teams use him more as a situational pass rusher.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You guys need some defensive players too. You just lost your safety and the CB situation still isn't so hot

Every team is going to have a hole. I don't mind using a pick or two in the later rounds for the secondary but this team is going to have success if we can put points on the board, and the defensive line causing havok for the opposing offense and creating turnovers. Last time we did that was 2011, and we had offensive firepower back then.

At this point I think it's guaranteed that both Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans will be NFL studs. Pair them with Megatron, Bush, Bell plus maybe Golden Tate or Darren Sproles? Watch the fuck out NFL. If Stafford has options like that the guy isnt just going to put up 5,000 yards he's also going to drop 40 TDs like he did in 2011 at 23.

Aww, nice new article on the NFL app says Revis trade unlikely now. Browns were a legitimate suitor, but Revis would have to take a pay cut to come here? o_o

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 2m
#Panthers RFA OT Bryron Bell got a 2nd-round tender.

One of the worst offensive linemen in the past two years can be yours for just one second round pick.

Colasante

I'm pretty surprised to see Jairus Byrd, Alterraun Verner, and Eric Decker still on the market after day one. I'm guessing Verner's availability is tied into the Revis situation, but I thought for sure the other two would be signed at 4:00pm.

Sanjuro

I'm pretty surprised to see Jairus Byrd, Alterraun Verner, and Eric Decker still on the market after day one. I'm guessing Verner's availability is tied into the Revis situation, but I thought for sure the other two would be signed at 4:00pm.

Not with Decker. He murdered his max value during the postseason and is likely pushing for that extra cash.

Sanjuro

Draft class murdered his stock, he's also just a guy if you ask me. Won't make a difference on most teams.

I think without the postseason someone would bite quicker. He was exposed and just looked flat out horrible against moderate pressure.

Still, someone is going to end up with him for an inflated cost.

cajunator

Banned
Jesus Christ don't remind me. Remember that legendary awful season Fred Thomas had for us?

Team has changed so much for the better.
I was watching a show about the inner workings of new orleans called Strip the city (also some other episodes about Chicago, NY , tokyo, Venice) and there was a bit about rebuilding the superdome. It can now withstand any wind speed found on Earth. Theres also enough flood control infrastructure in place to prevent a Cat 5 from destroying the city again. Basically the Saints home is going to be really safe for generations.

Most teams saw him as like the fourth option in Denver's offense. Plus he looked really bad in the SB...as did everyone else.

skins seemingly hate this free agency class

orakpo franchise tag makes more sense with that understanding

get a couple of patches and keep the money available for next off-season

ten minutes later: skins sign byrd

BigAT

Revis is gonna be lucky to get anywhere near the same contract again. His best bet is probably something like 5 years and 68 million.

With double the guaranteed money he has right now. This isn't baseball, his contract really isn't all that great considering how NFL contracts work.

Colasante

Jairus Byrd signs six year deal with the Saints.

Former Titans CB Alterraun Verner is signing a four-year, $26.5 million including $14 million guaranteed with Tampa, per source.

DB market is insane. Think folks were paying attention to the Seahawks secondary? Yeah, I think so.

Jags sign Gerhart:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 41s
Jaguars just reached agreement with former Minnesota Vikings RB Toby Gerhart, per source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom