• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Aqib Talib
Lyrics sticks to your rib
I mean
That's my favorite CD I play at my crib
I mean
You don't really know him
Why's you lyin'
Yo qib
She don't believe me
Please pick up the line
She gon' think I'm lyin'
Just spit a couple of lines
Then maybe I'll be able to give her dick all the time
And get her high
I don't know how Reggie is gonna hit the cap minimum unless he's gonna extend the scrubs we have on the current roster. I could see him making a move for Alex Mack and move Wiz to LG and put Saffold at RG (8 million for a RG lmao).
RG's get isolated more often than any of the interior line positions, so it's not out of the question.

MechDX

I don't know how Reggie is gonna hit the cap minimum unless he's gonna extend the scrubs we have on the current roster. I could see him making a move for Alex Mack and move Wiz to LG and put Saffold at RG (8 million for a RG lmao).
I got a trade for ya that can eat up some of that cap problem you have

JCizzle

Jesus that's insanity. Talib seemed to be either broken down or one step away from being broken down all year. Better hope he stays healthy I guess.

effzee

Been away and super busy (NO SLEEP FOR A WEEK!!!!) but just dropping by to say the Eagles made a terrible move today.

With all the FA safeties available they signed the guy who on most lists would be considered the worst or 2nd worst.

Why?

JABEE

I won't even say what I want the Eagles to do anymore, because I know if I say it, it won't come true. :(

I'm sorry, Gata. You're a good dude. It must suck to lose Talib.

The Patriots don't deserve all the hate they get. I'm not strong enough to hold the Patriots accountable anymore.

squicken

Really? It is that bad?

Edit: I think you are joking. Are you joking? You must be joking.

I've actually seen other people say he will eventually have to have that done. That he has a chronic issue with his hip. Hard to really know. Denver has doctors who will have checked him out so they must be fine with it

Uhhh...what. How were we players for Talib? That came out of nowhere. I'm glad they seem to care about the defense but can we shore up our d-line?

MechDX

How much cap space did the Broncos have? That Talib contract and they are rumored to sign Ware? How?

If they somehow do it how to they retain Vonn next year?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Really? It is that bad?

Edit: I think you are joking. Are you joking? You must be joking.

Lol Talib got WHAT?! The guy has a terrible hip.. I wasn't even high on resigning him in the first place, as soon as he got injured this year he went to shit got tooled on all game by old man Steve Smith, and then again had to leave after a simple pickoff play in the AFC championship. I wouldn't have minded franchising him, but multiyear deal scared the hell out of me.... 6 years!? Elway goin all or nothing here, if they don't win next year they're in the hole forever.

gutshot

Been away and super busy (NO SLEEP FOR A WEEK!!!!) but just dropping by to say the Eagles made a terrible move today.

With all the FA safeties available they signed the guy who on most lists would be considered the worst or 2nd worst.

Why?

Did you see what Byrd is making? That's crazy talk. Ward is an in-the-box safety who can't cover for shit. And Mitchell and Jenkins are the same player, basically. I'm fine with the move they made.

Congrats on the kid, btw!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It's Revis or Cromartie. Don't know what we are going to do if we don't get either of those 2.

Which Cromartie?

Talibs injury history.

15 games rookie
15 games sophomore
11 third year
13 fourth
10- was HORRENDOUS got suspended then traded, and out in playoffs due to hip
13- borderline elite (trying to get paid), tweaked the hip on a no contact play, never returned to 100% and missed the AFC championship.

MRSA

Banned
Broncos are in a desperate win now or nothing. They know Peyton only has another season so they have to fuck up their future to win this next season.

How close are the Bucs to cutting Revis? Nobody wants him with that contract.

jbug617

Banned
Which Cromartie?

Talibs injury history.

15 games rookie
15 games sophomore
11 third year
13 fourth
10- was HORRENDOUS got suspended then traded, and out in playoffs due to hip
13- borderline elite (trying to get paid), tweaked the hip on a no contact play, never returned to 100% and missed the AFC championship.

Antonio.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Broncos are in a desperate win now or nothing. They know Peyton only has another season so they have to fuck up their future to win this next season.

How close are the Bucs to cutting Revis? Nobody wants him with that contract.

How will they sign Von? How will they sign Demaryius? They may win next year, which would be great for Mannings legacy, but damn it's at the cost of the franchise.

squicken

Kevin Seifert ‏@SeifertESPN
Aqib Talib gets $26M guaranteed from #Broncos, per @AdamSchefter. Has never played a 16-game season. Has missed 25 games in past 3 years.

Really kind of silly they did this. Why not wait on Revis?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Verner, DRC, and Revis are all still available and not terrible.

edit-
This doesnt hurt as bad as losing Welker but it stings.

cmon man it's not even close. Talibs hip has been a problem since he got in the NFL. I wasn't happy when I saw the contract the colts gave Vontae, Talib has red flags all over his resume, and the pats are already littered with glass men as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom