• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hartt951

Damn, Denver shelled out for Talib; was not expecting him to get such a large contract both in terms of years and dollars.

Denver's secondary is starting to get me nervous now that they've got TJ Ward and Talib. If they get Ware too I am going to cry.

Trey

How will they sign Von? How will they sign Demaryius? They may win next year, which would be great for Mannings legacy, but damn it's at the cost of the franchise.

You blow it all for the best shot possible. Better to win once and fall off than be the Patriots circa 2006.

MechDX

Garry apple @nflnbainsider
Follow
Sources: #saints darren sproles to be traded not released up to 3 teams interested #texans #browns #raiders

Sproles our version of a scrappy, white, slot receiver?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Verner got signed by the Bucs

Fuck forgot about that. DRC is the best Cromartie either way. I'd take cromartie if we could find a way to shed Arrington and just have him play that role.

What do you do with Vonn Miller next year? I know one reason the Texans are not doing a lot because the shadow of JJ's new contract is looming and they need to be ready

Am I wrong, or does DT still need to be paid?

WTF are the pats doing??

Killer pickup for the broncos

Avoiding a 6 year dead weight. The guy gave up on the broncos, and when he went all out to "prove" himself with the pats, he came up lame 2 years in a row.

Got Ward for a great deal so they sign Talib to a crappy one

All evens out I guess

The Ward deal is shocking to me still.... how can you do that one then the Talib one, it's like Raiders levels of stupid.

LJ11

Did you see what Byrd is making? That's crazy talk. Ward is an in-the-box safety who can't cover for shit. And Mitchell and Jenkins are the same player, basically. I'm fine with the move they made.

Congrats on the kid, btw!

Jenkins sucks, Ward a much much better player in the box and in the deep half.

squicken

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
And he's going to state with legalized pot. Wait, did I just say that out loud?

damn

What do you do with Vonn Miller next year? I know one reason the Texans are not doing a lot because the shadow of JJ's new contract is looming and they need to be ready

This is probably Manning's last year. Miller just takes a big chunk of that

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 34s
The reported $26 million guarantee for Talib is the highest ever for a CB, surpassing Brandon Carr's $25.5 million. Wow

Considering Denver is playing the NFC West this season, it might be good for them to get a solid defense, because goodness knows they'll need it since the offense won't do crap against physical bodies. That's what Denver needs: a gritty receiver.

MRSA

Banned
How will they sign Von? How will they sign Demaryius? They may win next year, which would be great for Mannings legacy, but damn it's at the cost of the franchise.

Elway doesn't care, he wants his Super Bowl win now. He would probably retire with Manning if they won the SB next season.

Talon

It's amazing that a corner who was wildly inconsistent for most of his career and finally has his best season in his late 20s and gets that kind of guaranteed money.

What have you done for me lately.

Bread

Banned
it's going to warm my heart seeing godslay's new friends leave him once peyton retires and the team is lead by tim tebow and aqib talib.

Garry apple @nflnbainsider
Follow
Sources: #saints darren sproles to be traded not released up to 3 teams interested #texans #browns #raiders

Sproles our version of a scrappy, white, slot receiver?
Like it, give em Greg little straight up....
Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 34s
The reported $26 million guarantee for Talib is the highest ever for a CB, surpassing Brandon Carr's $25.5 million. Wow
Wow

Fox318

17tGhzN.jpg

Dragon

Banned
At least NE still has Danny Amendola.

He should have 3 healthy weeks this year.

Yeah I've forgotten how wonderfully deep the Jets wide receiving group is that you can sit there and make fun of any other team. Then again, you're a Jets fan, delusion is kind of your forte.

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 14s
So the #Broncos added TJ Ward and Aqib Talib today and possibly DeMarcus Ware soon. The #Patriots brought in Phil Costa for a visit

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Peyton Manning will be 38 on opening day.

It's the right mentality, I wish they'd do it for Brady... but the wrong guy. Talib hasn't made it through the playoffs at all yet... left early in both times he got there with the pats. Should've given it to Revis or DRC who is of similar talent level and less injury prone.

gutshot

Jenkins sucks, Ward a much much better player in the box and in the deep half.

We don't need an in-the-box safety. We needed someone who can cover. That's why Ward was never on our radar. Byrd would have been the best option, but he cost way too much. It came down to Mitchell and Jenkins. They likely went with Jenkins because he has a better pedigree and is supposedly a great locker room guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom