• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

No way broncos can still afford Ware... right?

peyton/d thomas/welker/ward/talib/miller/ware...

fuck me

is it too late for me to become a football player?

image.php

jbug617

Banned
I guess we got this going for us but so many teams have so much more money than us.

@JasonLaCanfora: Everything I've heard is that Revis would love to be a Patriot, above any other option. Still ample time for that to happen

Fox318

Why the hell wouldn't the Broncos wait for Revis? If you are going to pay stupid money, get the better player

Patriots, Jets, and Browns may start a bidding war over Revis now.

Browns would make perfect sense for Revis now. They have the money to spend on that type of talent.

Hartt951

You blow it all for the best shot possible. Better to win once and fall off than be the Patriots circa 2006.
Yup. Can't really blame them.

It's sweet knowing that in 2015 and beyond our cap hell left over from AJ will be over and Denver is going to be hurting trying to sign all their players, but with these two pieces Denver's D is already vastly improved for 2014. And if they get Ware too, man, watch out everyone.

Striker

Did you see what Byrd is making? That's crazy talk. Ward is an in-the-box safety who can't cover for shit. And Mitchell and Jenkins are the same player, basically. I'm fine with the move they made.

Congrats on the kid, btw!
Jenkins is a cover guy (converted corner) and Mitchell is a blitzing/run support type. Not the same style at all.

Also Tracy Porter visiting Giants. I suppose would be okay for short term. Definitely need to look at draft for one sometime.

We don't need an in-the-box safety. We needed someone who can cover. That's why Ward was never on our radar. Byrd would have been the best option, but he cost way too much. It came down to Mitchell and Jenkins. They likely went with Jenkins because he has a better pedigree and is supposedly a great locker room guy.

Chris Clemons....

MechDX

I guess we got this going for us but so many teams have so much more money than us.

Patriots, Jets, and Browns may start a bidding war over Revis now.

Browns would make perfect sense for Revis now. They have the money to spend on that type of talent.
And now thanks to Elway it will cost you. Been easier to just trade for him? lol

Chris Clemons....

Im hoping we sign him. Pair him up with Swearinger in Romeos defense.

Talon

Fox318

And now thanks to Elway it will cost you. Been easier to just trade for him? lol

Teams may now trade for that contract simply because they can cut Revis whenever and get 16million in cap space.

Jets should trade the bucs 4th back to them for Revis.

gutshot

Jenkins is a cover guy (converted corner) and Mitchell is a blitzing/run support type. Not the same style at all.

My mistake. It makes even more sense they went after Jenkins then, as what they need is someone who can cover.

Chris Clemons....

They may still sign Clemons. They will need to get another safety at some point, as they have only 3 on the roster currently and 2 of them are coming off their rookie year.

JABEE

Everyone that is of any worth on the Free Agent market won't be touched by the Eagles. They don't want to spend. The Eagles will stick with their absolute shit defense another season and waste prime years of this O-Line being together and Foles making the league minimum.

Eagles will just continue to sign project players that could boom or bust and gamble our seasons away on nothing. Signing players with actual talent scares Howie Roseman, because one time Nnamdi Asomugha didn't work out and the Eagles fell apart.

The Eagles aren't going to improve at all this season. Better hope they can draft a hidden gem on the defensive side of the ball. The Eagles pass rush is lacking and their secondary is still atrocious as it currently stands. They spent money on Jenkins, but they have still yet to push the marker forward on this team being a legit contender this season.

The time is running out on adding players with proven track records. Roseman is gun shy.

MRSA

Banned
Where is Fox?

How is Austin Howard? Raiders bringing him in for a visit. Is he injury prone? If so the Raiders will overpay him.

LJ11

We don't need an in-the-box safety. We needed someone who can cover. That's why Ward was never on our radar. Byrd would have been the best option, but he cost way too much. It came down to Mitchell and Jenkins. They likely went with Jenkins because he has a better pedigree and is supposedly a great locker room guy.

You'll learn to hate Jenkins soon enough.

gutshot

Everyone that is of any worth on the Free Agent market won't be touched by the Eagles. They don't want to spend. The Eagles will stick with their absolute shit defense another season and waste prime years of this O-Line being together and Foles making the league minimum.

Eagles will just continue to sign project players that could boom or bust and gamble our seasons away on nothing. Signing players with actual talent scares Howie Roseman, because one time Nnamdi Asomugha didn't work out and the Eagles fell apart.

The Eagles aren't going to improve at all this season. Better hope they can draft a hidden gem on the defensive side of the ball. The Eagles pass rush is lacking and their secondary is still atrocious as it currently stands. They spent money on Jenkins, but they have still yet to push the marker forward on this team being a legit contender this season.

The time is running out on adding players with proven track records. Roseman is gun shy.

You guys kill me. You want Dream Team v2.0? They are doing this the right way now and people still bitch and moan.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi

And yes, they're still confident about signing Ware. Both Ware and Allen want to play for the Broncos.

Broncos coming through in the clutch in the OS Invitational

JABEE

Jenkins can barely cover. I don't know why they would add Jenkins. The Eagles picked the worst Safety in this deep free agent class. They paid him good money for what appears to be pretty terrible production the last three seasons. The Saints didn't even bother to make an offer on him. They let him go without a thought.

Fox318

Where is Fox?

How is Austin Howard? Raiders bringing him in for a visit. Is he injury prone? If so the Raiders will overpay him.

It would be a huge blow against Idzik if howard goes to another team. Healthy player who is great with run blocking.

gutshot

You'll learn to hate Jenkins soon enough.

Maybe so. But I distinctly remember Texans fans telling us how Connor Barwin was going to have one good play a year and other than that just be an annoying hipster doofus. But he turned out to be a key player for us who was a real difference maker on the field at times.

So I will wait and see what Jenkins does wearing midnight green before writing him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom