• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate Phil, but I've always taken Tiger's side when it comes to their "rivalry".

Masters (yeah, I'm about to talk about golf, I hope you one-sport heathens don't have a problem with that) this week will be an interesting look into golf's future.

Eldrick is down and he may soon be out for the count. All of his peers with the exception of Phil (so Vijay, Retief, to a lesser extent Ernie) are washed up. Which of these young guns is going to step into the power void? Who's going to take the throne?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Whenever I think of Phil Mickelson I think of the story my buddy told me when he worked at an accounting firm that got Phil to wear their company logo on his hat.

They made a big announcement about it and how thrilled they were to have Phil on board with the company...one week later they announce they have cancelled the next few corporate party for "reasons".

first off golf is fucking horrible. playing golf sucks dick and watching golf is like having 3 dicks shoved down your throat. now maybe one day i will be a old white guy with too much time on his hands but right now its probably the worst activity (i won't dignify it as a sport) on the planet

p.s.

tiger vs. phil is black vs. white. race wars!

bionic77

first off golf is fucking horrible. playing golf sucks dick and watching golf is like having 3 dicks shoved down your throat. now maybe one day i will be a old white guy with too much time on his hands but right now its probably the worst activity (i won't dignify it as a sport) on the planet

p.s.

tiger vs. phil is black vs. white. race wars!
The Masters is amazing dude.

The rest of golf is not as good but you are missing out if you skip the Masters.

MechDX

Can anyone tell me what the movie Draft Day is actually about? Like, how is it a movie? I've watched war room cams. Shit seems pretty boring, and most of the time it's just dudes patting each other on the back after every pick.

And this has been the longest offseason ever.

2qY9npr.gif

Costner plays Jags Guy

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I hate Phil

he's the Jay Leno of golf

Everyone talks about him but he's in no way actually good at what he does and has been eclipsed by every one of his peers?

Or is Phil just the stuff that people in their mid 50s love inexplicably?

Can anyone tell me what the movie Draft Day is actually about? Like, how is it a movie? I've watched war room cams. Shit seems pretty boring, and most of the time it's just dudes patting each other on the back after every pick.

And this has been the longest offseason ever.

Watch Any Given Sunday, and skip all the scenes with players. It's basically going to be that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If everyone is a good sport about it, playing golf in a group is really great.

I don't understand the concept of watching it though. I feel like Opiate whenever the Masters roll around. I just don't get it!

bionic77

If everyone is a good sport about it, playing golf in a group is really great.

I don't understand the concept of watching it though. I feel like Opiate whenever the Masters roll around. I just don't get it!
Golf is great to play. Just takes too long.

It is basically a great way to socialize.

Bread

Banned
golf is great, it's too bad i suck at it. nothing like the feeling of knocking a ball straight down the fairway, it makes me forget the 10 bad shots i took before it.

bionic77

golf is great, it's too bad i suck at it. nothing like the feeling of knocking a ball straight down the fairway, it makes me forget the 10 bad shots i took before it.
Get two lessons and play twice a week if you have time.

You will be good in a month (meaning under 90).

Playing is a lot different than the range.

Bread

Banned
Get two lessons and play twice a week if you have time.

You will be good in a month (meaning under 90).

Playing is a lot different than the range.
I'm on a busy track to finish school by the end of this year, so once I'm done with that i might go live with my mom (in florida *shudders*) for a month before i figure out what I'm doing. i will definitely be golfing 3+ times a week then.

MechDX

I'm on a busy track to finish school by the end of this year, so once I'm done with that i might go live with my mom (in florida *shudders*) for a month before i figure out what I'm doing. i will definitely be golfing 3+ times a week then.

Let me know when and ill come caddy for you.

Nike jacks up prices of official replica jerseys

The cost of being an NFL fan just got more expensive.

Nike, which makes the official league uniform, has decided to raise prices on two of the three types of jerseys it sells. Nike did not announce the increase in price, but retailers, including the official league online store, started charging more on April 1.

The Game jersey, which is the cheapest replica, will still cost $100. But the price of the Limited jersey, which has embroidered twill numbers and letters in place of the silicon printing on the Game jersey, has jumped from $135 to $150. The Elite jersey, which is the closest to what the players wear on the field and boasts being water repellent and has a tighter, tailored fit to the body, went up nearly 20 percent to $295, up from $250.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said that Nike and the retailers, not the league, determine the prices. But sources told ESPN.com that it was Nike executives alone who made the decision, implementing the new prices as the minimum prices retailers could sell the different style of jerseys for.

Nike spokesman Brian Strong said that the brand offers three tiers of the jerseys to serve a variety of consumers, but would not specify reasons as to why the price changed occurred.

Somebody better come get Phil Knight. He's been snorting too much of that Jim Irsay

bionic77

ive had maybe 5 great shots in 15 years of playing, and that's enough to keep me playing monthly. ill be the next phil mickelson, you'll see!
Scoring is really about the short game and playing it safe. But that is boring.

I always loved ripping it. Even if I could only pull the shot off 1/5 times, when you do it is the best.

Bread

Banned
Scoring is really about the short game and playing it safe. But that is boring.

I always loved ripping it. Even if I could only pull the shot off 1/5 times, when you do it is the best.
yea i always swing for the fences, which fucks me over every time. i got a new driver and 3 wood over the winter, so I'm excited to use those. i always do well with 3 woods for some reason.

bionic77

yea i always swing for the fences, which fucks me over every time. i got a new driver and 3 wood over the winter, so I'm excited to use those. i always do well with 3 woods for some reason.
Driver is a longer club which makes it harder to flush the ball and you probably swing harder with it leading to even less accuracy.

It just lessens your odds for success. Let me think of an analogy for this.

Ok got one.

It would be like cheating by copying off of Gata's test paper.

Narag

Unless you're going to level a crusader later, shard it. Even then it'd be limited use due to +dex and low item level.

I live an hour-ish from Pinehurst. Might go to the Open this year.

It will be a very un-traditional looking course for a U.S. Open though. They restored No.2 a few years ago and eliminated all of the thick Bermuda rough and replaced it with sandy wiregrass areas like in the original Ross design.

07PR2s13-2m1484Hc-570x379.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom