• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

clowney-vs-ga-sack-2013.gif

Lucks future?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...spite-issues-clowney-best-in-draft-hands-down

Maybe Megatron's knee is worse than anyone knows about? I really doubt they trade up, but that's about the only reason I can think of that they would do it

I doubt that, this seems more like Millen-esque "show on turf" fantasy football shit. Stock up on WRs while multiple other positions go bare.

Eleuin

It is the most broken mp I have ever played on consoles. The unlocks that you get for leveling up are so powerful that high level players just destroy low level players regardless of skill. I have no idea if they ever patched it or not, but I tried to get into it, because the core gameplay is great, but getting stomped by guys with crazy armor, weapons, and perks was no fun at all.
I found that the starting equipment and pre made classes were sufficient enough in most cases
Playing against a coordinated party while your team runs off on their own was the death of me though

MechDX

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 54s
NFL announces 2015 Pro Bowl played on Jan 25 in Arizona. Pro Bowl will return to Hawaii in 2016. After that, we shall see

bionic77

It had a year head-start on the other two. I would hope it has more good games.
Thats true but I got caught up in new console excitement.

In actuality other than the controller I think the PS3 at this point is a much better machine than the 4 when it comes to media shit. And the leap in graphics is not amazingly huge and it is still the same PS2 gameplay from a decade ago.

If the WiiU was cheaper I think I would be all over it. Not like I would play that either but I would still buy it in the hope that one day I would have time to play all of this shit.

And we are all going to watch like the suckers we are
this years was pretty good though.

MarkDalton ‏@CardsMarkD 9m
Pro Bowl was watched by 11.4 M viewers last yr (despite competing directly w Grammys); most watched All-Star gm of any sport

People love football. Even semi-competitive football

MechDX

Drowney for Clowney I always say.

I was at that game. He really disappeared, but I think you won't have to worry about it with Watt taking so much focus. That'd be such a sick pass rush. I understand wanting to trade down and fill more holes, but I don't think the Texans will be in a position to draft a premium talent like him in a long time.

My only concern is still the motivation thing. But that has been somewhat abated.

1) Texans new strength and condition coach was Clowneys S&C coach at USC when he had his breakout year. People saying he helped keep Clowney in line and focused

2) Former team mate Swearinger and childhood friend J Joe also starters on the defense.

3) Bill Koller (d line coach) and O'Brien are no nonsense, take no bullshit coaches. Unlike Kubiak who let players do whatever they damn well wanted with no repurcussions.

MarkDalton ‏@CardsMarkD 9m
Pro Bowl was watched by 11.4 M viewers last yr (despite competing directly w Grammys); most watched All-Star gm of any sport

People love football. Even semi-competitive football

Yup, I mean I watch all dolphin games, clearly the quality of the football being played is of little concern to me.

Dragon

Banned
I need a single player game on the Xbox One but their really isn't one I don't already own. AC4 on WiiU and I don't like Dead Rising.

Ryse
Forza
Crimson Dragon
Plants vs. Zombies

to name a few. I've heard good things about that Max the Curse of the Brotherhood game as well. I can't vouch for the quality of the games but surely you haven't had time to play all of these.

Thats true but I got caught up in new console excitement.

In actuality other than the controller I think the PS3 at this point is a much better machine than the 4 when it comes to media shit. And the leap in graphics is not amazingly huge and it is still the same PS2 gameplay from a decade ago.

If the WiiU was cheaper I think I would be all over it. Not like I would play that either but I would still buy it in the hope that one day I would have time to play all of this shit.

I'd hope the WiiU has more games at this point. It's basically blown its entire load already. The only left for them is Smash at this point and that's releasing on 3DS as well.

MechDX

Ryse
Forza
Crimson Dragon
Plants vs. Zombies

to name a few. I've heard good things about that Max the Curse of the Brotherhood game as well. I can't vouch for the quality of the games but surely you haven't had time to play all of these.

Have Ryse, its ok but not great or that fun really. PvsZ I own but there is no single player, online only.

Not into sim racers. I would like to try a demo of Crimson Dragon just like Power Star golf but there are no demos on the One marketplace

Dragon

Banned
Crimson Dragon on a recommendation list... That should tell you something about the software library of the new consoles.

I don't know the Xbox games that well so I wouldn't say that. If it were PS4 I'd tell you to get Towerfall, even though it's mostly a multiplayer game. It's some of the most fun I've had with anyone really ever playing a game. Just don't drink 90 minute IPAs when playing it like I did. The hangover would be bad.

MechDX

BrandonSpikes51 ‏@BrandonSpikes51 48m
4 years a slave

This will end well I'm sure

BrandonSpikes51 ‏@BrandonSpikes51 · 1h
Great games on the schedule for 2014, but it's going to be like Christmas to hand the #Patriots #PatriotsNation a L...twice! #BILLSMAFIA

BrandonSpikes51 ‏@BrandonSpikes51 · 52m
it's icing on my cake to hand the #Patriots two big L's this year. #justwatch

BrandonSpikes51 ‏@BrandonSpikes51 · 47m
I'll tweet in a sec. Busy blocking every single #MassHole one sec #Twitter brb

He is all in I guess.

I don't know the Xbox games that well so I wouldn't say that. If it were PS4 I'd tell you to get Towerfall, even though it's mostly a multiplayer game. It's some of the most fun I've had with anyone really ever playing a game. Just don't drink 90 minute IPAs when playing it like I did. The hangover would be bad.
To be honest I'm very happy with my PS4 so far but that's because I like MP and SP games. I have played FIFA for countless hours and gotten a ton of enjoyment out of BF4 and Killzone as well. I just started Infamous a few days ago and that seems pretty solid so far but I do wish there were more single player games coming out in the near future.

This type of lull is to be expected, though. I bought a Wii U and 3DS at launch, I was well prepared.

Greg

Fuck it Greg, let's go play some tennis!!
I played yesterday! It was barely a workout though, so I'm down for more later today!

Greg! Save this thread, give me some new music recommendations. It can be metal or anything else, I trust you!
This year has been disappointing for music so far, so I actually don't have much worth recommending.

Those Soreption and Alterbeast CDs I told you I was looking forward to ended up being not that great. Behemoth CD is overrated. Benighted was a disappointment. And then on the non-metal side, the Broken Bells/Blood Red Shoes/Manchester Orchestra CDs I was looking forward to were boring except for a couple songs.

Cynic and Inferi have been the only real standouts for me as a whole, but here's some other pretty solid releases:
Ageless Oblivion - Penthos - awesome progressive death that has more of an old school death metal feel
Architects - Lost Forever // Lost Together - metalcore you're probably already familiar with, but it's a lot heavier than their past 2 if you've been keeping up with them
Hail Spirit Noir - Oi Magoi - really fun black/progressive rock
Aeon of Horus - Existence - progressive/technical death that doesn't cross that annoying line of technical for the sake of being technical
Hannes Grossman - The Radial Covenant - solo project of guy in Obscura... and it sounds exactly like them
Descend - Wither - old Opeth clone

Crimson Dragon on a recommendation list... That should tell you something about the software library of the new consoles.

Crimson Dragon is by far the best on rail PD game yet. They took what made those games great and then added so much on top. The wingman system is awesome and really adds a lot to the game, leveling up your dragon and unlocking new abilities and such is also a great addition to those games. I still have my Saturn hooked up but no way will I be able to go back and play those games anymore, CD is just better in ever possible way.

squicken

Oh man it would have been so awesome if Carr was taking a FA visit

Squicken if you want browns info, instead of Grossi's opinions. @LaneAdkins is answering questions on twitter, a real insider.

Will do. Though Grossi is a HoF voter. Figure he might have a contact or two. Plus, I like his snarkiness most of the time. He loves him some Hoyer. I'm surprised that hasn't warmed your heart to him

This year has been disappointing for music so far, so I actually don't have much worth recommending.

Those Soreption and Alterbeast CDs I told you I was looking forward to ended up being not that great. Behemoth CD is overrated. Benighted was a disappointment. And then on the non-metal side, the Broken Bells/Blood Red Shoes/Manchester Orchestra CDs I was looking forward to were boring except for a couple songs.

Cynic and Inferi have been the only real standouts for me as a whole, but here's some other pretty solid releases:
Ageless Oblivion - Penthos - awesome progressive death that has more of an old school death metal feel
Architects - Lost Forever // Lost Together - metalcore you're probably already familiar with, but it's a lot heavier than their past 2 if you've been keeping up with them
Hail Spirit Noir - Oi Magoi - really fun black/progressive rock
Aeon of Horus - Existence - progressive/technical death that doesn't cross that annoying line of technical for the sake of being technical
Hannes Grossman - The Radial Covenant - solo project of guy in Obscura... and it sounds exactly like them
Descend - Wither - old Opeth clone
Well that's sad to hear. I will check all of this stuff out, though!

Crimson Dragon is by far the best on rail PD game yet. They took what made those games great and then added so much on top. The wingman system is awesome and really adds a lot to the game, leveling up your dragon and unlocking new abilities and such is also a great addition to those games. I still have my Saturn hooked up but no way will I be able to go back and play those games anymore, CD is just better in ever possible way.
Wow, I am surprised to hear this. I'll be honest, I haven't played the game, I just thought it was a pretty general opinion that it was awful.

Crimson Dragon is by far the best on rail PD game yet.
Please tell me thats a complete joke? Orta shits city sized bricks all over Crimson Dragon much less something like Azel which is a masterpiece on the Saturn.

Crimson Dragon is what you get when you suck all of the soul and precise gameplay out of a Panzer Dragoon game. That doesn't even touch on the push for microtransactions in the game which forces mission based "replayable" design on a game so it can sell you resources. In a game that should have had proper level progression and bosses to go along with it.

It's an utterly misguided experience that I was looking forward to as a DIEHARD Panzer Dragoon fan and I regret having spent $20 on it.

Wow, I am surprised to hear this. I'll be honest, I haven't played the game, I just thought it was a pretty general opinion that it was awful.
It's not awful, no but it has no business being mentioned in the same sentence as anything in the Panzer Dragoon series. Not even remotely close.

squicken

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
As I mentioned on #Sportscenter, @JManziel2 meeting with Jags today, Bucs end of week, weekend at Masters and then meeting with Browns

Final 4 then the Masters. Dude has fun weekends

Please tell me thats a complete joke? Orta shits city sized bricks all over Crimson Dragon much less something like Azel which is a masterpiece on the Saturn.

Crimson Dragon is what you get when you suck all of the soul and precise gameplay out of a Panzer Dragoon game. That doesn't even touch on the push for microtransactions in the game which forces mission based "replayable" design on a game so it can sell you resources. In a game that should have had proper level progression and bosses to go along with it.

It's an utterly misguided experience that I was looking forward to as a DIEHARD Panzer Dragoon fan and I regret having spent $20 on it.

It's not awful, no but it has no business being mentioned in the same sentence as anything in the Panzer Dragoon series. Not even remotely close.

I couldnt disagree more. I completed the whole game and got all the achievements but one and I never purchased anything, there is no reason at all for anyone to use the microtransactions in the game. As someone that loves the Saturn games CD has so much more going on in it. Selecting a wingman based on the different missions, equipping different items, hell even using different dragons and changing their main abilities all add so much more depth to the game.

bionic77

I'd hope the WiiU has more games at this point. It's basically blown its entire load already. The only left for them is Smash at this point and that's releasing on 3DS as well.
How many games do you need though? At my age I just look for quality and honestly I still don't have time to play them all.

3D World, Pikmin and Wonderful 101 seem like they would make the console worth it by themselves. And I assume there are some other good games as well. If WiiU had FIFA and could play Blu Rays I might have just bought a U instead of the PS4.

I actually think the tablet game controller is a great idea. I think what Nintendo should do next gen is pack the baddest most powerful ARM APU inside a box the size of an Apple TV with 64 gigs of internal space, 8 gigs of ram and ability to use external space and sell it for 125-100 bucks along with the U controller. Most of their games would be able to run just fine on it and it could really appeal to the casuals if they did it right. Also let it run most of the tv apps. I think that is going to be the next big thing. It is just a question of who perfects it first. Right now no one has gotten the controller or content down yet for these tv boxes. Nintendo has the content to make it work...

bionic77

My two favorite on rail games are Kid Icarus and Star Fox 64.

Never played any games on rails as fun as either of these two. Including PD.

Even Nintendo never got close to SF 64 in the sequels. They all sucked dick for the on rails sections.

LOL at WiiU already blowing its load, Zelda U hasnt even come out yet, or Mario Universe. WiiU has tons of games left. I am sure we will get a Metroid on the WiiU as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom