• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yes Jags hurt the browns DO ITTTTT

What is that I smell? Is that fear?

ibgryoDNnDJCus.gif

I can see that being challenged under the clause I quoted above. In a case where a player wants to leave a team, surely that creates different obligations for the two teams, indirectly at least.

He could always decide to opt out with the Jags though. It's just less likely at this point in time. There's no situation where one team had spend more than the other as it pertains to the cap and such.

You can't franchise players that are opting out of a deal, it's only for players that have an expiring contract. That's why Revis' new deal has a $20 million option for year 2, it's so they can't franchise him.

Well, just match and figure it's a one-year deal. Gives you another year to find his replacement.

bionic77

it was amazing in 3D, one of my favorite movies of course I'm a space junkie though so I love almost anything in space.
I think my mistake was watching it one day after I saw Wolf.

Wolf is one of the best movies I have seen in some time. Whatever I saw next was probably going to be a disappointment.

Special effects in gravity were amazing. But watching it I felt like I would have enjoyed it more on a huge ass screen. Just seems like that kind of movie.

I think my mistake was watching it one day after I saw Wolf.

Wolf is one of the best movies I have seen in some time. Whatever I saw next was probably going to be a disappointment.

Special effects in gravity were amazing. But watching it I felt like I would have enjoyed it more on a huge ass screen. Just seems like that kind of movie.

Yeah it totally is, the story is pretty bare-bones, the acting is ok but the visual effects completely take over and you appreciate that more on a bigger screen.

Under the radar, former Ravens TE Ed Dickson visited the Panthers today and is expected to join the team.

I've heard that he has awful hands, anyone in Ravens-GAF want to confirm?

bionic77

I had some pizza for dinner with some garlic bread.

Shit was good.

The plan when my kids were gone was to get in shape but in reality I am turning into a pizza eating slob. I need to buckle down and get back to the salads and some squats!

I imagine the opt-out is on his end, not the team's.
Yeah, but he'd still have to play one year for the team. Honestly, the Jags aren't a better organization. What's to stop him from opting out and being able to get a new deal with a contender? Or getting more guaranteed money? It's such a shitty way to structure a deal that I hope it bites the Jags in the ass.

I don't care if you say you hate a game but you are saying here that you don't like these games because they are refreshes or sequels of other games. That is the entire AAA gaming landscape today! We are replaying the same shit for the most part we played on the PS2. Before we could at least point to updated graphics, but even that is going away.

Like I said I don't care what people like or don't like but I didn't find your reasoning to be compelling.

I mean I really don't get your complaints on Skyward Sword. How is motion control for a sword a gimmick and how is that not more immersive than pressing a button? I see that it didn't work for you (though that might be more because you sucked than a fault of the technology). Your other complaints about the game are valid as it did have too much filler (at least IMHO), but the controls were fucking perfect and I thought a big step forward for games. I don't see how you can the same experience from using a button. The boss fights in that game were some of the best I have ever had in a game and it was entirely because of the controls.

Maybe I am jaded from playing games for more than 30 years, but it is new experiences like those found in Skyward Sword that get me most excited. I know I am not alone in seeing all the excitement over Oculus (at least before Facebook...). But don't say that Mario 15 is a rehash but that Final Fantasy 29 is new and exciting. You just like one game more than the other. Which is fine, but say that instead of the other typical gaming age nonsense.

No, you continue to put words in my mouth. I LIKE those two games you highlighted, I was arguing why you aren't missing much if you have a 3DS because 3D World is so similar to Land and DK is the same shit as what's offered in the 3DS entry with new paint (and two more characters but only P2 can use them :( ) I said both were fun, are you just selectively reading? I am throwing forth a criticism of each and stating my case for not missing much if you have a 3DS that is not saying that I dislike them at all let alone hate them. Thanks for sounding like gaming side with your hyperbolic misconstruing of what I was trying to convey.

I did not suck at Zelda SS, I did not have issues with dying or figuring anything out, I had issues with the controls not responding to my movement and I had to stack items to elevate the sensor bar higher or to the side multiple times. My room isn't conducive for the level of sensory needed for that game I guess but I had no issues with any other Wii game and my point was that the controls for a game shouldn't dictate how your furniture is setup. I considered the wii mote gimmicky because swinging or flicking a stick around did not immerse me and it didn't enhance my experience for any of the games save maybe Wii Sports and it was nice for Broken Sword as the pointer function worked well to replace a mouse. It struck me as a gimmick to lure children and casuals that didn't play many video games prior because they don't have to memorize button assignments and have fun swinging shit around. If it enhanced your experience, fantastic, I don't begrudge anyone that liked it, I just didn't care for it and it really marred my experience with Zelda at times. It wasn't the reason I was disappointed in the game, however. The second portion I wrote is why I was disappointed, I felt it could have been so much more. If they added more variety in the environments and dungeons, I would have loved it. There were some good boss battles and I especially enjoyed the ending, very cool how it ties in with the rest of the series. I'm also a sucker for floating islands so the main town and being able to land on various islands for heart pieces and mini games was up my alley. I actually 100 percent-ed this game to address your accusation of me not having beat it ;) I'm disappointed because I love this series and there are elements that I really enjoyed about it so it's a shame that they fell short in other areas. Being disappointed is not the same as hating a game!

Again, I'm not saying Mario is bad for being a rehash, I'm pointing out that the Wii U entry doesn't bring enough innovation to the table to justify the system for many if you have a 3DS that contains a very similar game. This is relevant because the only reason ninety something percent of people that buy this console do so is for the first party games. If they want more of these type of fans to pony up, bring out unique experiences with your popular IPs that the 3DS can't emulate. As I said before, I thought Mario Galaxy brought a whole new feel to the series, I'm not complaining about Mario 22. As for FF, not every entry is created equal, I don't salivate for every entry and I have specific reasons for being excited for FFXV but I get the impression you don't play them so won't care to hear them. What I will say is that regardless how you feel about any particular FF game, they do try to make each one different and experiment often with completely different battle mechanics. My favorite, FFVIII, had so many different nuances that it turned many people off. FFXV will play like none before it, very akin to a fast paced Kingdom Hearts battle system. Maro and FF are not comparable when it comes to shaking up entries and it has nothing to do with my preference, I haven't enjoyed every FF mixup.

rando14

I had some pizza for dinner with some garlic bread.

Shit was good.

The plan when my kids were gone was to get in shape but in reality I am turning into a pizza eating slob. I need to buckle down and get back to the salads and some squats!

Ain't gonna build any muscle eating salad!! Get some more protein in that diet brah

bionic77

I hate FF these days. Used to be my favorite series. Have not loved a FF game since the PSX era.

Let's stop the games talk. Let's just both agree that the Steelers and thank Tebow we don't live in Florida.

Seems weird that 3 of the teams we play in the preseason we also play in the regular season. Would be amusing to open the regular season playing the Broncos again but I'm pretty sure we'll play the 49er's.

I hate FF these days. Used to be my favorite series. Have not loved a FF game since the PSX era.

Let's stop the games talk. Let's just both agree that the Steelers and thank Tebow we don't live in Florida.

Yeah I was going to drop it soon anyone so as to not shit up the thread more. I only went that long because you were putting words in my mouth and saying I hated games I like. Real quick, one of the main reasons I'm excited for XV is because the guy heading it is who did FFVII, VIII, and X and he hasn't done one since. The guy that's responsible for the XIII series is no where near this project. They've also grabbed high talent from other projects like FF Tactics and some of the older stuff. I have faith in this entry.

Anyway, still my buddy and lets agree that the 3DS is awesome and back to football.

Did you see me using Alexs wang to teach Mech about NFL contracts?

no i didn't but i just did! that's a great analogy but i'd be pretty stoked if i had a monster 6 inch dong. i sometimes lament the missed opportunity amongst announcers in calling out players penis size. like when they do the measurements for a first down and its like a chain length short they could say "WOW THEY ARE A TOM BRADY FULLY ERECT PENIS SHORT OF THE FIRST!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom