• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Slapshot is an awesome movie and Hockey is an awesome sport.
Not sure it is awesome but even if it is there is an exception to every rule. Brady is an NFL qb despite having no morals or even a penis.

Gata is further proof. We all learned about natural selection and the survival of the fittest and most intelligent. And yet that degenerate posts here everyday.

Dragon

Banned
Slapshot is an awesome movie and Hockey is an awesome sport.

tumblr_lqg1n2cjjg1qey9eio1_400.gif

I love that movie.

Weirdly enough it seems the more a sport sucks the better the movies.

Football is the greatest sport in the history of the universe and there really is no great football movie. Some good scenes, great tackling effects, and a good speech here and there but nothing as good as Major League.

Baseball is arguably the worst major sport in the America and yet it has all of the best sports movies.
The Longest Yard

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Gata is further proof. We all learned about natural selection and the survival of the fittest and most intelligent. And yet that degenerate posts here everyday.
"Fit" in natural selection terms just means staying alive and successfully having offspring, although in a social setting helping those close to you maintain their offspring also counts.

JABEE

Tipping threads are no joke. Stealing from donation boxes. People accusing war veterans of killing for corporations. People are having a nervous breakdown over how much to tip at a restaurant.

Didn't one of you say you went to a pro bowl game? How crazy are the ticket prices? Do they even normally sell out?

I also need to figure out if I want to go to the pre season game against the Bungles. I normally don't bother for pre season games but I've been trying to see every team in the league, live and they've never played here before... Game's actually going to be on NBC, too.

I will wait to see what real bros say about the next FF. That franchise has fallen so far in my eyes.

But I will jump back in the moment someone tells me they remembered how to make good games again.

I feel the main thing they need to do is speed up the fighting. The old games had simpler battle systems but there was pretty much no loading and at this point I don't really give a shit about the fancy graphics. Give us an option to turn them all off so that the fight can be over faster.

She isn't bad. If I wasn't married and she wasn't a Florida whore addicted to Meth I would allow her the honor or entertaining my penis.
I can understand that but the series has always been geared at teenagers too so it's probably harder to get into them as we get older, especially when a new entry won't have that special coat of nostalgia. XV's battle system is by far the fastest yet, take a look at a game play video when you get the chance. The battles will play more akin to an action game and the best comparison is a supped up speedy version of Kingdom Heart's system which will mean nothing to you if you haven't seen those games ha I'm sure it will still have plenty of cut scenes and other RPG tropes so if you aren't into the genre anymore, probably won't be for you.

bionic77

Didn't one of you say you went to a pro bowl game? How crazy are the ticket prices? Do they even normally sell out?

I also need to figure out if I want to go to the pre season game against the Bungles. I normally don't bother for pre season games but I've been trying to see every team in the league, live and they've never played here before... Game's actually going to be on NBC, too.

I can understand that but the series has always been geared at teenagers too so it's probably harder to get into them as we get older, especially when a new entry won't have that special coat of nostalgia. XV's battle system is by far the fastest yet, take a look at a game play video when you get the chance. The battles will play more akin to an action game and the best comparison is a supped up speedy version of Kingdom Heart's system which will mean nothing to you if you haven't seen those games ha I'm sure it will still have plenty of cut scenes and other RPG tropes so if you aren't into the genre anymore, probably won't be for you.
I played the first two Kingdom Heart games on PS2. I loved the first game. The second game's story was crazy though. At least to me and I liked the first one better. Gameplay was just eh to me. I didn't hate it but I was not in live with it either. The voice acting in that series was amazing though.

I still like Jap RPGs but to me it seems as if all the good ones come out on handhelds now.

MRSA

Banned
I played the first two Kingdom Heart games on PS2. I loved the first game. The second game's story was crazy though. At least to me and I liked the first one better. Gameplay was just eh to me. I didn't hate it but I was not in live with it either. The voice acting in that series was amazing though.

I still like Jap RPGs but to me it seems as if all the good ones come out on handhelds now.

Fire Emblem Awakening was probably favorite game last year.

MRSA

Banned
I actually don't know if I enjoyed Fire Emblem or A Link Between Worlds more, both of which more than justify the purchase of a 3DS.

cdyhybrid

Worth it to wait until level 70 and Torment difficulty to kill the final boss in D3? Some people said to wait so you can get two level 70 legendaries. I'm outside his area and I'm only 53 =\

Wes

venison crêpe
@AdamSchefter
Once it is signed, Browns figure to match Jacksonville's five-year offer sheet to C Alex Mack "in no time at all", per source.

NFL.com has compiled news stories on it and suggests it'll be 18-20m guaranteed over the first two seasons with a provision that Mack himself can void it after 2 years. Sounds to me they expect the Browns to match. Jags doing the hard work for us?

http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/6721/ryan-tannehill-i-have-to-make-a-big-jump

ESPN NFL analyst Keyshawn Johnson caught up with Tannehill during the Adidas football shoot in Los Angeles. Tannehill knows this is an important third season to prove he's the long-term solution in Miami.

"It's huge. I have to make a big jump, I'm aware of that," Tannehill said. "I’m putting in the work, putting in the time to get myself physically ready, mentally ready and learn this new offense that we’re going with this year. So there is still work to be done.

"But I look for a big jump in myself, both in production and wins. That’s what we ultimately play for is wins. So, I’m excited to see what this team does."
All or nothing this year for Tanny.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
@AdamSchefter
Once it is signed, Browns figure to match Jacksonville's five-year offer sheet to C Alex Mack "in no time at all", per source.

NFL.com has compiled news stories on it and suggests it'll be 18-20m guaranteed over the first two seasons with a provision that Mack himself can void it after 2 years. Sounds to me they expect the Browns to match. Jags doing the hard work for us?

It's hardly doing the hard work for the Browns - the stated goal of Mack's agent is to make the deal as unpalatable to the Browns as possible (hence the opt-out clause in all likelihood; with the Browns he'll opt out, with the Jaguars he'll be promising to opt in or renegotiate before hitting the opt out date). The Browns could have negotiated a long-term deal with him themselves or just used the franchise tag, and got a respectable deal without alienating a key player. Now they've pushed to the point where whether they get him signed or not they'll be losing him soon and they've taken things in such a direction that he doesn't want to play for them any more.

Doing the hard work would have been easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom