• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP MRSA

I understand where he's coming from emotionally. Those guys were his teammates and probably his friends, and seeing them all go at once is tough on him. But he's grossly overestimating the quality of that receiving corps if he thinks their production can't be matched. Cotchery and Avant are instantly more reliable pass-catchers than Lafell. Underwood is a wild-card, but if he finally gets a real opportunity who's to say that he doesn't have a breakout season like Ginn did. Hixon didn't really play last season outside of the last two games of the season (although he did have the GW TD against the Saints).

The only one that's not really "replaceable" is Steve Smith and that's more because of the emotional attachment the fanbase has with him. In the locker room and on the field, I see a 35 year old who's past his prime and coming off his worst season in the league since his rookie year, a short guy who's coming off of a major knee injury, and a fiery guy who may not be that receptive to taking the young rookie/rookies that we bring in to be his potential replacement under his wing.

I don't want to sound like I'm slurping Gettleman here or that I think he's incapable of any wrong, but I don't think DWill should write off the moves we've made in April. At this point he should be more concerned with working out and getting himself better. His stats were in serious decline last year.

Drakeon

49ers in talks with Brandon Lloyd about possible return

I wouldn't really enjoy being a Lions fan. Megatron is the only guy to really cheer for, and all that leads to is depression about his career being wasted. Suh is downright unlikable and Stafford is too flawed to really like for what he makes (except for kas)

Sure as shit could've used him last year when Crabtree was injured. Not sure we are hurting for depth that much this year, especially since he'd have to beat out Patton for a spot. Think I'd rather have Patton get playing time and just draft a guy in the 3rd or 4th for depth.

squicken

I cant remember who it was but one of the Texans reporters was at the combine and was on an elevator with two scouts from the Colts after Clowneys 40 yard run. The reporter said the scouts were talking in awe about Clowney and stated "I hope those fuckers don't draft him at #1"

Yeah I remember that. So much potential w/Clowney and Watt, but I have some doubts about Romeo. They shouldn't be running a 3-4 if they have those guys. They both should have their hands in the dirt and shouldn't be playing any two gap, ever

MechDX

Yeah I remember that. So much potential w/Clowney and Watt, but I have some doubts about Romeo. They shouldn't be running a 3-4 if they have those guys. They both should have their hands in the dirt and shouldn't be playing any two gap, ever

O'Brien stated they would be in more of a nickel package 70% of the time and not a true 3-4

I'm sure Romeo's defense gives players 1 gap responsibilities at times.

Fantomex

Charlie_Cluster-7_(Earth-616)_from_Uncanny_X-Force_Vol_1_35.png

Hi!

I hope everyone is doing good. What have you guys been up to?

squicken

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
Heard from a couple of teams that wonderlic score for Manziel was "north of 30". If you are into those kinds of things.... & you may not be
----

Why I want Donald over Mack. All the QBs in our division get rid of the ball fast, edge rush will never get there.

Also expecting us to draft another CB this year in the mid round.

Big fan of Donald too. I know he isn't ideal as far as size goes, but how do you ignore those pass rush skills? Like you said, it's all about interior pressure now

Fantomex

Where the heck have you been?

Fantomex! Where did you disappear to? I hope all is well!

I've been avoiding baseball and mock drafts.

Everything is good bros. The baby just caught up to me man, 8 months now. I needed sleep and the job was getting demanding as well. I was still lurking here and there. I'm an old as Gata puts it. I hardly even have time for TV. But I figured, the preseason is the playoffs for us Dolphin fans. Gotta start getting involved again. Figure it will last us until week 9 this year! This free agency seems to be really busy. Not really aware of anything besides Albert to the Dolphins.

Everything is good bros. The baby just caught up to me man, 8 months now. I needed sleep and the job was getting demanding as well. I was still lurking here and there. I'm an old as Gata puts it. I hardly even have time for TV. But I figured, the preseason is the playoffs for us Dolphin fans. Gotta start getting involved again. Figure it will last us until week 9 this year! This free agency seems to be really busy. Not really aware of anything besides Albert to the Dolphins.
I hear ya, my daughter is 5 months old now and she has definitely been keeping my wife and I busy. Is the baby sleeping alright for you? Thankfully my wife isn't working so she takes care of feeding her during the night.

Dolphins got Moreno!

Fantomex

I hear ya, my daughter is 5 months old now and she has definitely been keeping my wife and I busy. Is the baby sleeping alright for you? Thankfully my wife isn't working so she takes care of feeding her during the night.

Dolphins got Moreno!

Oh yeah I saw we got him, hopefully he secures the ball. Glad the baby is doing good Red. Me and my Wife both work, so when she wakes up at night we both get woken up. Baby is healthy thank God but she inherited seasonal allergies from me and her mom. And in infants, there is absolutely ZERO prescription medicine for her itchy eyes or runny nose. It sucks. But she seems to be adapting to this planet more and more every day so that's good.

Welcome back! Good to have more Dolphin fans here, the pat fans were getting to comfortable around here.

Yeah Chris they think they're all bad just because they're better at every position compared to us. Pfft. Whatever.

The Cards stadium is getting a new LED screen three times larger than the current with 75 percent higher fidelity as well as a three times larger scoreboard. Even better, they are coming up with some solution to increase the strength of wi-fi in the stadium but wouldn't say what they were doing in that regard. Can't wait to see that new screen.

Also, by all means GMs, please let Bridgewater or Bortles fall to 20 ;) Teddy didn't allow you to check all your little boxes so you should just let him come to AZ.

I played the first two Kingdom Heart games on PS2. I loved the first game. The second game's story was crazy though. At least to me and I liked the first one better. Gameplay was just eh to me. I didn't hate it but I was not in live with it either. The voice acting in that series was amazing though.

I still like Jap RPGs but to me it seems as if all the good ones come out on handhelds now.

Gotcha, well you can check out the current game play video to see for yourself or wait for more to be revealed. If I remember correctly, you can do these little warp jumps around the battlefield combined with rapid slashing and it looked pretty bad ass. You still have magic of course but we don't know what else is in your arsenal just yet. I don't think any FF's story has been quite as crazy and convoluted as KH2 so I wouldn't worry about that. I agree that the best JRPGs of the last few years have been on handhelds. Did you ever play Lost Odyssey on the 360 though?

Greg

Glad you and the family are doing well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom