• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Q for @TomSilverstein in his chat: "Why don't the Packers trade all their draft picks & get Clowney?" A: "Because they aren't idiots."

I'm so sick of idiots during the off season

Only thing I noticed was how that thang sat in that dress.

2m3mdf4.gif

Probably fake or a bad angle though. Paging resident ass expert chris.trejo

Nah that's real, if it wasn't you'd see part of the ass not sag but that right there is a full saggy ass.

MRSA

Banned
Should I get FFX for Vita?

Barr could fall out of the first as he's extremely unpolished and a twig. He's a pure speed rusher with no other moves so he has lots to learn. Has to go to a team willing to sit on him and let him develop. Then again pass rushers come at a premium so its likely he'll go in the middle to the late in the first.

EDIT: Also for that poors Pats fan Bread, Forza 5 is $31 at Newegg.

Barr could fall out of the first as he's extremely unpolished and a twig. He's a pure speed rusher with no other moves so he has lots to learn. Has to go to a team willing to sit on him and let him develop. Then again pass rushers come at a premium so its likely he'll go in the middle to the late in the first.
Belichick would make a beast out of Barr.

EDIT: Also for that poors Pats fan Bread, Forza 5 is $31 at Newegg.

Yes if only to increase the chances we get FFXII, that's why I bought it.

Also anyone else completely turned off by a girl who smokes? Just saw a cute girl at the store but then I saw she bought cigarettes and nope.

cdyhybrid

Eh you could but that would involve boring grinding. I'd rather just finish the main quest asap so you can do rifts, lots of legendaries youll find in rifts :)

How do I get more Exquisite Essences?! I find 10 yellow items for every 1 blue item, so I can only salvage so many. I need them to satisfy the crafting god.

MRSA

Banned
Yes if only to increase the chances we get FFXII, that's why I bought it.

Also anyone else completely turned off by a girl who smokes? Just saw a cute girl at the store but then I saw she bought cigarettes and nope.

When I looked at FFX I think of the animus, disgusting animus.

JCizzle

Eh you could but that would involve boring grinding. I'd rather just finish the main quest asap so you can do rifts, lots of legendaries youll find in rifts :)

This. Plus someone can also just run you through a t6 rift until you're 60,which I hear takes about 45 min. Join the gaf clan!

JCizzle

damn jcizzle you can do t6 rifts? I can barely do T2!!

Oh hell no, but if he creates the game they are created at his level, then you just streamroll the low level mobs and powerlevel the lower player. This works until about 60 I read.

I'm about at t1 comfortably at 70.

rando14

^^ I'd let her warm up my Kid's Cuisine

How do I get more Exquisite Essences?! I find 10 yellow items for every 1 blue item, so I can only salvage so many. I need them to satisfy the crafting god.

Sorry missed this post earlier, yeah unfortunately you either find them or salvage them. Don't worry about them too much, they become inconsequential once you hit level 70

Oh hell no, but if he creates the game they are created at his level, then you just streamroll the low level mobs and powerlevel the lower player. This works until about 60 I read.

I'm about at t1 comfortably at 70.

What's your user, I'll add you!!

cdyhybrid

^^ I'd let her warm up my Kid's Cuisine

Sorry missed this post earlier, yeah unfortunately you either find them or salvage them. Don't worry about them too much, they become inconsequential once you hit level 70

What's your user, I'll add you!!

Got it. Switched over to Adventure Mode and I'm up to 61 pretty quickly just doing Bounties and stuff. Should be able to hit 70 today.

OK, as much as 'd like to stick around for the hot chicks smoking debate, these sleeping tablets are suddenly making everything a little trippy so I'll go lie down now. bye

Coldplay and Gata ruin everything. God damn degenerates.

Fixed.

This time last year, there was rampant speculation as to whether the Philadelphia Eagles would use the fourth overall draft pick on outside linebacker Dion Jordan. The connection was simple: the Birds needed a pass-rusher for their newly installed 3-4 defense, and head coach Chip Kelly knew Jordan better than anyone from their rime together at Oregon.

12 months later, the speculation still hasn’t died. It’s been rumored since January that the Miami Dolphins might be willing to part with Jordan after just one season, and Philadelphia would be a natural destination. So much so in fact that Bob Grotz for the Pottstown Mercury reported on Thursday the Eagles did in fact attempt to swing a deal for the former Duck.

Buried in the preoccupation with pass catchers is that the Eagles, according to a respected NFL source, made an offer almost two months ago for pass rusher Dion Jordan, who played spectacularly for Kelly at Oregon but hardly at all last season with the Miami Dolphins.

The details are unimportant. The Eagles are said to have included a second-round pick and linebacker-defensive end Brandon Graham. For now Jordan is still part of the Dolphins, who say they’re going to find a way to get him more snaps next season.

Grotz also Tweets the Eagles’ first-round pick would get the deal done, and goes so far as to say it would be a “bargain.” I don’t know about that last part.

Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero got the rumblings started back in January, suggesting newly hired Dolphins general manager Dennis Hickey was not attached to Jordan. The 24-year-old also did not appear to be a great fit in Miami’s 4-3 defense, as he struggled mightily with just two sacks in 16 games as a rookie.

Salguero suggested Philly could be interested, and it turns out he was right. Kelly insinuated last year that the Eagles might’ve taken Jordan had he lasted to No. 4, but the Dolphins traded up to nab the 2012 first-team All-American.

Despite Grotz’s strong feelings on the matter, that timeline of events is more than enough to make me leery about the idea of packaging a first-rounder for Jordan. I get the current GM didn’t draft him, nor is he an ideal fit for the defense, but the fact that they are willing to give up on a player after one season—not to mention eat $10 million in dead money against the salary cap in order to do so—is a serious cause for concern.

Not only that, as Grotz points out in his story, the Eagles would be taking on Jordan’s fully guaranteed contract, which has four years at over $20 million remaining.

All of this for a player with two career sacks.

It’s worth noting offseason shoulder surgery may have played a role in Jordan’s difficult transition to the NFL in addition to being poor fit. You could also argue he hasn’t had enough playing time to demonstrate he could make more of an impact.

Jordan may have all the potential in the world, but it’s impossible not to view him as damaged goods to a certain extent. If the Eagles are sending Graham in the trade too—a former first-round pick himself who has actually been very productive in limited playing time the past couple seasons—I see no reason they should part with a No. 1 for an unproven commodity.

Then again, a deal for Jordan may be the Eagles’ best chance to land a high-end pass-rusher in this draft. The top outside linebacker prospects are likely to be gone by the time Philadelphia is on the clock, so this would be one way around that issue.

Still, I have a hard time trading a premium pick for somebody’s secondhand goods. Jordan may very well have a bright future in the NFL, but the new-car smell is long gone.

smh such shoddy reporting.

Colasante

Carolina Panthers signed former Falcons safety Thomas DeCoud to a two-year contract. Another nice low risk, medium reward signing by Gettleman. I love watching him work.

squicken

Carolina Panthers signed former Falcons safety Thomas DeCoud to a two-year contract. Another nice, low risk, medium reward signing by Gettleman. I love watching him work.

I like that deal too. I never got the hullabaloo over the guys they lost in FA, aside from Smitty. Gross retiring was their biggest hit, and there was nothing they could do there

Getts making moves.

We're stealing spies off of our NFC South rivals. First Harper, now DeCoud

squicken said:
I like that deal too. I never got the hullabaloo over the guys they lost in FA, aside from Smitty. Gross retiring was their biggest hit, and there was nothing they could do there

Kittens Have No Receiverz

WedgeX

Banned
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu my labs came back from my physical. High cholesterol. Being a social worker has destroyed my diet. Time to say good bye to tasty foods. No delicious things during football this year I suspect.

squicken

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu my labs came back from my physical. High cholesterol. Being a social worker has destroyed my diet. Time to say good bye to tasty foods. No delicious things during football this year I suspect.

Sorry to hear that, Wedge, but you had to know the Stafford diet isn't for everyone ;)

MRSA

Banned

Fuck that, take the fuckin statins and die like a true American. With a cheeseburger in your mouth.

Really though, first and foremost I'm sure you know you need to control your diet. Social workers lives suck, especially the ones I have to work with its nonstop "I got another bum for you that won't leave". Most health related issues can always be controlled with diet and exercise before your genetics come in and say F U.

WedgeX

Banned
Sorry to hear that, Wedge, but you had to know the Stafford diet isn't for everyone ;)

iCiJY9kbzbvxU.png

I knew this would come back to haunt me.

Fuck that, take the fuckin statins and die like a true American. With a cheeseburger in your mouth.

Really though, first and foremost I'm sure you know you need to control your diet. Social workers lives suck, especially the ones I have to work with its nonstop "I got another bum for you that won't leave". Most health related issues can always be controlled with diet and exercise before your genetics come in and say F U.

Truth.

rando14

I laughed and then I got sad at how true this is

effzee

I hear ya, my daughter is 5 months old now and she has definitely been keeping my wife and I busy. Is the baby sleeping alright for you? Thankfully my wife isn't working so she takes care of feeding her during the night.

Dolphins got Moreno!

Man I keep forgetting how many parents we have in this community. Hope you and the fan are doing well!

I have been really out of it too. Just catching up on all the news. Wish we got Jordan.

Kaep smh :(

YH how is your baby doing? Better?

My little guy just turned 1 month old and already has been diagnosed with reflux. Now has to take prescription baby zantac. Shit's sad. He makes the scariest old man grunting noises at night which keeps me awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom