• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
grover what do you take me for, a gata? that is clearly photoshopped. i can tell by the pixels and the whiteness of greg. we all know he is whiter than that.

Nice! I'm on Chapter 13 btw and I hope to finish by this weekend I'll post a review when I do :)
Thanks, Chris. Hope you're still enjoying it.

I didn't have a chance to start your book, but I will try and post an epic 5/5 review.

Last book I read was the Long Ships and it was excellent. I can't believe it is a translated book. Makes me wonder how good it is in the original language.
Long Ships is on my list. I've been reading Cornwell's Saxon series which is in the same vein (vikings) so I've been holding off on jumping in on it.

Would love 5/5 but obviously hoping you enjoy the read!

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm gonna leak a still of Greg dunking. This is world premiere exclusive shit

kelly_dunk.jpg

You can see the shadow of the ladder he jumped from.

cdyhybrid

Worth it to wait until level 70 and Torment difficulty to kill the final boss in D3? Some people said to wait so you can get two level 70 legendaries. I'm outside his area and I'm only 53 =\

Help me, D3 players!

Also, I think Lockette was on the Niners at some point either this past season or the one before, that's probably why they were hanging out.

Eli will undergo a procedure on his ankle:

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...on-ankle/b449565b-b2b2-4bfd-8152-ebe55c76fa3e

Manning suffered a high left ankle sprain in the Giants’ 2013 season finale against Washington and had been rehabbing the injury since.

“I went through the recovery and rehab after suffering the sprain,” said Manning. “I was still experiencing some discomfort as I began my normal offseason preparation, and after consultation, we felt the right thing was to have Dr. Anderson clean out the ankle. The doc tells me I should be running in about six weeks. I’m looking forward to the start of the offseason program on the 21st. I will be in the weight room and in the meeting rooms so we can all learn the new offense. I got some good work in this week at Duke, and I think it’s smart to get this procedure done now so the ankle isn’t an ongoing issue. I’m eager to get to work with our new offensive coaches and system.”

About a six week recovery.

And "contract stuff?" He was the one who fired his agent and didn't hire another for a month. Not the lions organization.

Actually that's a good point.

There's no way to trade him due to the cap hit, right? I really don't want to resign him. He's great but why pay a DT that much money?

Crisco

Banned
I don't get it man. Money, fame, looks and you still behave like a skeevy frat boy trying to intoxicate women so they'll fuck you. What am I missing here.

Keep in mind, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's not actually a rapist, just a fucking idiot.

Read the description on amazon. Who are your influences? For $1.99 I will probably buy no matter what you answer.
Guy Gavriel Kay would probably be the first mention. I love his writing style.

More recently I think Sanderson does a great job with magic systems, so there's a bit of a defined system in place, with Bonds used to contain those who know how to wield it.

As I progress to the next book I'm finding more of the grit and darkness from writers like Abercrombie are seeping in as influences, but you won't get a ton of that in this book (though there are several battle scenes that hopefully evoke his sense of 'being there')

Talon

This description made me laugh out loud for some reason.
According to the report, she told police both of them removed their clothes but did not have sex. Kaepernick eventually left the room. The woman also told police, according to the report, that Patton and Lockette later opened the door and "peeked" into the room but closed the door and left after the woman told them to get out. She told police she could not remember anything after that.
Lockette be creepin'.
He can't catch tho. Good blocker but that's it.
You just described Ben Hartsock. Except Hartsock might as well be a light guard.

Nameless

9ers should trade Kap to the Eagles now while he still has some value.

They should trade Harbaugh to the dolphins before he gets tainted by squidward.

Tsk Tsk Kaep

Meanwhile Cam is at home, being a family man and watching tape to prepare for the season.

Squidward is the guy you put your faith in, Frenchie?

Tsk tsk. Why can't he be a golden boy like good ol' Russell Wilson??

Solid effort wanting a rapist on your team.

SF should have kept small hands.

What was his wonderlick?

We're talking about Kaep here.

2j21p.gif

seriously, though. Kaep can go fuck himself if ths true.

Syrinx

Bedard seems pretty sure Texans will draft JFF. Only 4 more weeks!

I saw this this morning, and I think I've determined that I don't like this way of thinking. More accurately, I don't think he's asking the right question. I think the question he should be asking is "On your own 20, up by 3 with 5:00 left, who do you want to lead a sustained drive and put in the dagger?" Because...

1. If you're trying to build a team that's going to be a consistent 10-game winner every year, which is what you should be trying to build, if your team is indeed going to do this, you're going to be playing with a lead more often than not. So, your franchise QB is going to be playing the role of closer in the 4th quarter more than he's going to play the role of comebacker (for lack of a better word), one would figure.

2. Frankly, most QBs worth a damn in the NFL can lead dramatic fourth quarter comebacks. Maybe some do it more consistently than others and with more dramatic flair, but think about the situation. They're playing in a no-huddle offense against a defense that's simply trying to prevent them from getting into the end-zone. Plus, you have everything to gain when you're in this position, and nothing to lose. Throwing a pick has the same consequence as turning it over on downs or running out of time. However, when you're trying to close, it's a whole different deal. Defenses aren't simply trying to prevent you from scoring, they're trying to get the ball back and have a chance to win themselves. They're trying to get after the QB, they're trying to create turnovers, etc. You're facing a defense at its most desperate and aggressive. And if you turn the ball over, it's absolutely crippling.

So if you're going to be closing more often than coming back, and since closing is arguably harder than leading a dramatic comeback, I'd want the guy who's exceptional at that over the guy who's exceptional at coming back. Now, the two aren't mutually exclusive at all; a guy can do both very well. And I'm not saying the answer to the question I'd be asking isn't Manziel. I guess it's just a difference in approach to building a team.

rando14

Help me, D3 players!

Also, I think Lockette was on the Niners at some point either this past season or the one before, that's probably why they were hanging out.

Eh you could but that would involve boring grinding. I'd rather just finish the main quest asap so you can do rifts, lots of legendaries youll find in rifts :)

gutshot

Chip loves Jordan doesn't he? I would've liked to have been inside the Eagles war room when Miami made that trade.

I still remember the noise when the pick came in

Yeah, he basically came out and said after the draft that they were planning to pick Jordan at 4 before Miami jumped them.

Not surprised that the Dolphins rejected that trade though. Isn't one of the reasons they feel Jordan is expendable because they already have two other DEs they like? So I can't imagine Graham interests them all that much.

I think in the end the Eagles will get Jordan. Chip wants him bad and he would fill a huge hole for us. My guess is they trade their 1st for him, but only after unloading Graham on someone else in exchange for some more picks. And then maybe package some picks together to move up higher in the 2nd round and get whatever WR of Lee, Beckham, or Cooks that drops out of the first.

EDIT: First time watching that video, Jordan looks really disappointed he isn't going to Philly with his old college coach.

Draxal

Guy Gavriel Kay would probably be the first mention. I love his writing style.

More recently I think Sanderson does a great job with magic systems, so there's a bit of a defined system in place, with Bonds used to contain those who know how to wield it.

As I progress to the next book I'm finding more of the grit and darkness from writers like Abercrombie are seeping in as influences, but you won't get a ton of that in this book (though there are several battle scenes that hopefully evoke his sense of 'being there')

Tigana is my favorite book so I'm just going to buy yours right now.

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 6m
Kelvin Benjamin 30th in my new rankings. Was told KB recently blew off workout w NFL coach who had made special trip, said he was too tired

Go ahead and fall down those draft boards KB.

Yeah, he basically came out and said after the draft that they were planning to pick Jordan at 4 before Miami jumped them.

Not surprised that the Dolphins rejected that trade though. Isn't one of the reasons they feel Jordan is expendable because they already have two other DEs they like? So I can't imagine Graham interests them all that much.

I think in the end the Eagles will get Jordan. Chip wants him bad and he would fill a huge hole for us. My guess is they trade their 1st for him, but only after unloading Graham on someone else in exchange for some more picks. And then maybe package some picks together to move up higher in the 2nd round and get whatever WR of Lee, Beckham, or Cooks that drops out of the first.

EDIT: First time watching that video, Jordan looks really disappointed he isn't going to Philly with his old college coach.

I doubt we trade him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom