• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
The day we've all been waiting for is HERE! DRAFT DAY!
Draft_Day_poster.jpg
Now you can all see the wonderful land of Cleve!

Hit ya with some DRAKE!
http://youtu.be/pZ7ENXz_mv4

Yeah saw that as well. Really don't care about scores unless they are too low. Carr and Teddy right on borderline
Bradshaw is not the only successful NFL quarterback to bomb on the Wonderlic test. Hall of Fame quarterbacks Dan Marino and Jim Kelly each scored 15. Former NFL stars Steve McNair (15), Randall Cunningham (15) and Daunte Culpepper (18) each scored well below the NFL average for a quarterback.

MEMORABLE WONDERLIC SCORES THROUGH THE YEARS

Looking at it from a different point of view, many first-round busts scored very high on the Wonderlic test. Alex Smith scored a 40 -- a lofty score on the test sheet that stands in inverse proportion to his poor statistical scores on the football field.

Other first-round quarterback busts who broke 30 include Matt Leinart (35), Joey Harrington (32), Patrick Ramsey (32), J.P. Losman (31), Rick Mirer (31) and David Klingler (30).

Rex Grossman (29), Kyle Boller (27), Kelly Stouffer (27) and Ryan Leaf (27) -- the poster boy for first-round draft busts -- all bombed in the NFL despite above-average intelligence, at least according to the Wonderlic. In the case of Leaf, its seems the test certainly fails to measure what they like to call emotional intelligence.

Bradshaw, with his 16 Wonderlic and four Super Bowl rings, can laugh heartily at all those scores.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/03/24/wonderlic-test/index.html#ixzz2yakP7yO0

This Wonderlic stuff is useless,

Colasante

MRSA

Banned
Jaguars are reportedly interested in Jake Matthews at #3: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000340870/article/jaguars-reportedly-considering-texas-ams-jake-matthews?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cb

I hope that's just a smokescreen. The Jaguars' front office has been doing so well; if they drafted a tackle #3 after trading Eugene Monroe away for nothing, I'll be very disappointed in them. It would be kind of cool to see the Texas A&M bookend tackles reunited though.

Smokescreen, its a good way to set your line up for failure long term. That is if they both end up playing up to their potential of being bookend LTs (one of them has to play RT but will command elite LT money in their 5th season)

I did! Back to back Super Bowl titles for me! This must mean the real life niners will do the same!

But Harbaugh is supposed to go to the Dolphins next year :(

Anyone going to see Draft Day? Gonna catch an early showing before work.

Pretty sure Jamarcus Russell scored a 8 lol.

But yeah, pretty useless in general.

I might watch it, I enjoy most sports movies even when the sport sucks
Baseball

Camp body. They need someone there for the first round of OTA's with Eli being out until the end of May with the ankle surgery. All they have is Painter and Nassib right now.

They're also reached out to Matt Flynn.

You can't get rid of Eli, the protector of the realm...not while the evil empire lurks in the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom