• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colasante

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva · 33m
ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Teddy Bridgewater: "His private workouts have also gone very shakily." Teams concerned about Teddy's hand size.

Seriously....WTH happened to Teddy? Guy was a sure fire thing last year. How can he fall so hard and so fast?

I have trouble believing most of this. Bridgewater is not a media creation. He was great two seasons ago, and very good last season. This sounds like anonymous scout BS to help make sure Bridgewater falls. If he falls to the Texans in the late first or second round, I will definitely sign myself up as a supporter of Pats South.

Konka

Banned
I have trouble believing most of this. Bridgewater is not a media creation. He was great two seasons ago, and very good last season. This sounds like anonymous scout BS to help make sure Bridgewater falls. If he falls to the Texans in the late first or second round, I will definitely sign myself up as a supporter of Pats South.

All three top QB prospects this year are going to bust anyway.

MechDX

I have trouble believing most of this. Bridgewater is not a media creation. He was great two seasons ago, and very good last season. This sounds like anonymous scout BS to help make sure Bridgewater falls.

So you would call it a "smokescreen"......
django-unchained.gif

Well, Draft Day certainly is an accurate representation of the Browns franchise and Ohio in general.

All in all it was OK. Was shaking my head by the end. I wouldn't recommend seeing it if you have anything better to do, but if you're bored and desperate, go for it.

Well, Draft Day certainly is an accurate representation of the Browns franchise and Ohio in general.

All in all it was OK. Was shaking my head by the end. I wouldn't recommend seeing it if you have anything better to do, but if you're bored and desperate, go for it.

Welp I'll wait until it's on demand then.

I dunno, scouts have been pretty consistent about it. There was talk even during the season that NFL brass weren't as high on him as the media. Small hands, small frame, can't throw without a glove, level of competition, demeanor.

Lot of things point to him being average at best with a high floor, low ceiling. Needs a quality team around him, can't carry a team etc.

Those are just some of the things I've read about him. My own opinion after watching a few games, is he's efficient. Not sure he's a franchise QB.

MechDX

HE IS NO JFF!

This guy at BRB has it all figured out:

 It's quite clear now....Teddy is a team first guy

- Tells U of Louisville to ‘pump yo brakes, kid’ on the Heisman campaign
- Loses to UCF (Bortles),this game basically makes Bortles the clear cut #1 for conference honors
- Way back when, the report came out that he may or may not leave NCAA for NFL…maybe he isn’t ready for the big time? Needs another year of grooming?
- Combine, doesn’t perform his throwing stuff….possibly raising flags analysts/draft pundits do not like this
- Pro Day, clearly underwhelms compared to his immediate counterparts (Bortles & Manziel)….maybe everyone was wrong about 2.5 plus years of film
- Wonderlic testing scores lower than his counter parts

Why is he doing this? WHY I ASK, WHY?

Then it hits me, he’s a team first guy. He knows the Texans need a qb, but also there is a freak athlete at DE/34 OLB that should be taken 1st overall. He doesn’t need the #1 overall designation, he’s a team first guy.

Clearly TBW is doing all these ‘underwhelming’ things on tasks that are obviously potentially world-ending if not performed perfectly so he can slide to the 2.1 spot. He just wants us to have the best Defensive and Offensive player in the draft….I for one applaud the man for his efforts and courtesy to the Texans organization

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Holy crap...out of curiosity I purposely incited a riot in the prison to see how the larger population would affect things. It'll get damn ugly and the inmates will get theirs, but the new security force will curbstomp them in the end lol.

AtiMOYEl.jpg

Again, the above was just a test run, not in the actual ongoing game.

Going to be interesting what eventually happens during normal gameplay, though I'm guessing people will want me to deliberately set things off soon.

Mack back with the Browns in a saga that was quite frankly boring. Nice to keep a Pro Bowl center for at least a couple more years. They now have time to groom a replacement and bolster the OL, so a win-win.

Colasante

I dunno, scouts have been pretty consistent about it. There was talk even during the season that NFL brass weren't as high on him as the media. Small hands, small frame, can't throw without a glove, level of competition, demeanor.

Lot of things point to him being average at best with a high floor, low ceiling. Needs a quality team around him, can't carry a team etc.

Those are just some of the things I've read about him. My own opinion after watching a few games, is he's efficient. Not sure he's a franchise QB.

If NFL teams want to continue repeating the same mistake and overdraft a player like Blake Bortles simply because he looks like what an NFL quarterback is supposed to look like, fine by me. I feel confident that Bridgewater will be the best quarterback in this draft class. Sometimes the scouts are wrong.

Jesse-eisenberg-Shrug-Social-Network.gif

Bread

Banned
pats south for life!

If NFL teams want to continue repeating the same mistake and overdraft a player like Blake Bortles simply because he looks like what an NFL quarterback is supposed to look like, fine by me. I feel confident that Bridgewater will be the best quarterback in this draft class. Sometimes the scouts are wrong.

It's all a crapshoot anyways

I still would love the Browns to draft Watkins at 4, and one of the QBs, either Bridgewater or Carr will be there at the 26th pick,

I honestly don't believe there's a QB the Browns feel they need that high at 4, when the QBs are all grouped pretty close to each other. Especially when you can vastly improve the talent on your roster at another position too.

Ross Tucker @RossTuckerNFL
Nothing in Mack contract would prevent Browns from matching. Why'd Jacksonville waste their time?

If Jacksonville did get Alex Mack it would have greatly improved the interior OL which was probably their biggest area of need. Even though the Jaguars didn't get him, players do talk and one of the positives is how much players have enjoyed their visits to Jacksonville and Gus Bradley. The Jaguars have quickly gone from a dysfunctional team to one that players want to play for. As a Jaguars fan, I haven't been this excited since the 14-2 season.

Nakazato

I still would love the Browns to draft Watkins at 4, and one of the QBs, either Bridgewater or Carr will be there at the 26th pick,

I honestly don't believe there's a QB the Browns feel they need that high at 4, when the QBs are all grouped pretty close to each other. Especially when you can vastly improve the talent on your roster at another position too.

this would be a nightmare. Watkins/Gordon Vs Smith/Webb.....

Were going to need bigger DBs.....

If Jacksonville did get Alex Mack it would have greatly improved the interior OL which was probably their biggest area of need. Even though the Jaguars didn't get him, players do talk and one of the positives is how much players have enjoyed their visits to Jacksonville and Gus Bradley. The Jaguars have quickly gone from a dysfunctional team to one that players want to play for. As a Jaguars fan, I haven't been this excited since the 14-2 season.

found gatas alt

:p

Holy crap...out of curiosity I purposely incited a riot in the prison to see how the larger population would affect things. It'll get damn ugly and the inmates will get theirs, but the new security force will curbstomp them in the end lol.

AtiMOYEl.jpg

Again, the above was just a test run, not in the actual ongoing game.

Going to be interesting what eventually happens during normal gameplay, though I'm guessing people will want me to deliberately set things off soon.
Did Greg kill that dog?

MRSA

Banned
Alright you dirty little degenerates.

Should I get Bravely Default or FFX?

That being said I still haven't bought a Vita game and just been enjoying PS+ games.

squicken

I asked this a while back but I think we were collectively busy averting our eyes from various cartoon drawings - are we doing a community mock draft? Or like a fantasy draft competition of sorts?

I am in to participate, but I am done trying to organize anything with NFL GAF. Like wrangling cats

squicken

I doubt the Teddy stuff is some elaborate smokescreen. He played against poor competition and the offense was mostly a short passing game. If NFL teams are seeing a guy who can't throw deep or outside the numbers, that's not going to go well for him

Still, if CLE drafts Watkins and then Teddy at 26, their fans have to be thrilled. I just can't see him falling all the way out of the first round. It's more like he's not worth passing on a top 10 non-QB for, imo

Russell Wilson doesn't look like NFL QB, wins Super Bowl.

Blake Bortles looks like NFL QB, ends up career journeyman.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Alright you dirty little degenerates.

Should I get Bravely Default or FFX?

That being said I still haven't bought a Vita game and just been enjoying PS+ games.

FFX.

Bravely Default is one of the most overrated games I have ever played in my life. The story is garbage, the characters are terrible, the voice acting is insufferable in both English and Japanese, the job system is so easy to break and is terribly designed in general, dungeon design is non-existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom