• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Banned
7 day weekend coming up for me after tonight :D

giphy.gif

My mom's coming into town on Wednesday so four day weekend for me!

Also, HBO Go worked flawlessly for me last night at 9:10 PM, can't complain about it!

ShaneB

7 day weekend coming up for me after tonight :D

Nice. That's certainly not bad at all! I've got 4 weeks vacation remaining, and with no idea how I'm going to spend it I generally just take an extra long weekend here and there until I figure what my plans might be.

cajunator

Banned
Last two shift weeks have been crazy. Exxon released 5 million gallons of gas with a bad additive in it so they shut down one of the busiest fuel terminals in the state which we had to work around, and then this last week has been the remnants of that mess along with a bunch of truck breakdowns including this one where the wrecker service that normally tows our vehicles hooked up to the trailer instead of the semi and fucking pulled off the DOT bumper and damaged a bunch of shit. Disp[atching is kind of crazy sometimes. We had an ex-police officer woman who dispatched but the job literally caused her to have a heart attack so she had to quit.
So basically, youre damned right Im gonna enjoy my 7 days off hehee.

Last two shift weeks have been crazy. Exxon released 5 million gallons of gas with a bad additive in it so they shut down one of the busiest fuel terminals in the state which we had to work around, and then this last week has been the remnants of that mess along with a bunch of truck breakdowns including this one where the wrecker service that normally tows our vehicles hooked up to the trailer instead of the semi and fucking pulled off the DOT bumper and damaged a bunch of shit. Disp[atching is kind of crazy sometimes. We had an ex-police officer woman who dispatched but the job literally caused her to have a heart attack so she had to quit.
So basically, youre damned right Im gonna enjoy my 7 days off hehee.

Is this why gas is $3.69/gal here in NC? It's fucking gone through the roof in the last couple of weeks. I'm sending you my receipts, Cajun. I expect reimbursement!

cajunator

Banned
Is this why gas is $3.69/gal here in NC? It's fucking gone through the roof in the last couple of weeks. I'm sending you my receipts, Cajun. I expect reimbursement!

Im not responsible for this. Exxon is headquartered in Canada so you know who to blame.
They shut that terminal and the refinery down for two weeks. Probably cost them a ton.

Im not responsible for this. Exxon is headquartered in Canada so you know who to blame.
They shut that terminal and the refinery down for two weeks. Probably cost them a ton.

So you're telling me it's Kave's fault. As soon as the Leafs nerfed their season the gas prices went up.

Thanks, Kave. Real nice way to treat your friends. You know we support you no matter how many shitty teams you follow!

1. Would the Dolphins have interest in Jermichael Finley? Sure, why not? Everything hinges on Finley's medical status. He has neck problems and the X-Rays and MRIs will dictate if he can play again. The Dolphins have inquired (as first reported by Miami Herald's Barry Jackson), but the level of inquiry is simply as a we-want-more-information status, I am told.

Hmmmmm

squicken

I mentioned last week that LZ said Lovie and Licht were big fans of JFF, and he wouldn't fall past 7. Seems Lovie elaborated on a lot of that reasoning

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/manziel-may-be-on-radar-for-lovie-smith-bucs/2174876

The new Bucs coach's philosophy on how to win hasn't changed. He is a defensive coach. He believes in getting pressure on the quarterback with four down linemen, forcing turnovers, protecting the football with a strong running game, playing great special teams.

But offensively, particularly in evaluating the quarterback position, his beliefs are evolving.

Smith sees the trend toward mobile, athletic quarterbacks who are accurate passers. The Seahawks' Russell Wilson won a Super Bowl in his second year. The Redskins' Robert Griffin III won the NFC East in his first.

It's no secret the Bucs plan to draft a quarterback. The only question is whether they will take one in the first round, particularly with the No. 7 overall pick. Last week, the team received visits from Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater, Eastern Illinois Jimmy Garoppolo and Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel. Fresno State's Derek Carr will arrive Tuesday, and there will be more.

The most intriguing possibility is Manziel. Smith attended his workout at Texas A&M, met with him at the NFL combine and has been quick to praise the Heisman Trophy winner.

"I had time to watch quite a few games, and I had a chance to watch him — a lot. So you add all that up," Smith said.

"As far as how he'll take his game to the NFL level? I think most outstanding players in college, a lot of them, end up being a very good football player in the NFL. Football really is football. I know he's not your typical, prototype quarterback who drops back into the pocket, but there are a lot of quarterbacks doing well in the league that aren't your prototypical quarterback."

Hammer24

Banned
I mentioned last week that LZ said Lovie and Licht were big fans of JFF, and he wouldn't fall past 7. Seems Lovie elaborated on a lot of that reasoning

I still think we´ll go WR with the #7 pick. But if both Evans and Watkins are off the board, that´d probably mean one of the good QB´s is still available. So its a good contingency plan to evaluate them in detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom