• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

I didn't even realize we posted that much

We don't.

Jvpu61m.jpg

That's a lot of fake asses, bad comebacks, and shitty photoshops.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If working out is too much of an injury risk then you're in the wrong sport.

Other players already in the league are busy trying to get their bodies in playing condition and improve.

Draxal

So the Tom Savage hype train is moving along so I went to look for picks of him. Lo and behold:

tom-savage-p1.jpg

#patssouth

Dude, he left the program four years ago. Anyway, I didn't blame him since his line was worse than Carr's during his tenure in Houston.

MechDX

Dude, he left the program four years ago. Anyway, I didn't blame him since his line was worse than Carr's during his tenure in Houston.

Hey I don't get the fascination with him either other than the prototype size and arm. Just kind of funny the first pic of him is in a Rutgers uniform.

Click the Replies number on the thread listing.

Thanks. Squicken you need to step your game up

Bread

Banned
goodbye sweet dutch, say hi to the milkman for me.

all of my friends are getting banned, watch out mrsa i don't want to lose you too.

Tamanon

Banned
2. I think this is the way Jacksonville could have forged a contract that Cleveland would not have matched with center Alex Mack: agree to pay him $15 million in the first year, fully guaranteed, with the option to quit the deal after one year. Many of you on Twitter have made the point over the past couple of days that Cleveland matching Jacksonville’s offer sheet means there couldn’t have been an offer to entice Cleveland to let Mack go. Well, there could have been, but the Jaguars didn’t go far enough in their offer to make Browns GM Ray Farmer blink.

Peter King with his brilliant idea to get Mack to Jacksonville.

$15 mill guaranteed with a player void after one year. What a dumbass.

MechDX

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 11m
I present you with the greatest QB comparison ever. An AFC North coach compared Bridgewater to...Willie Beaman. I'm not making this up.

cdyhybrid

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 15s
Per source, Seahawks, Giants, Saints, and Panthers have interest of some degree in Sidney Rice.

I wouldn't mind bringing him back for cheap.

BigAT

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 11m
I present you with the greatest QB comparison ever. An AFC North coach compared Bridgewater to...Willie Beaman. I'm not making this up.

The new gold standard for racist quarterback comparisons. Really have to respect someone stepping up and not just going for the lazy, overplayed "he reminds me of Donovan McNabb". Truly an innovator.

MechDX

The new gold standard for racist quarterback comparisons. Really have to respect someone stepping up and not just going for the lazy, overplayed "he reminds me of Donovan McNabb". Truly an innovator.

I would like to know which coach it was

I am pretty mystified on who the Bears will draft.
I could see them taking Donald, Dix, Fuller, Hageman, or Jurnigan. Or they could trade down and get Pryor. I think they will probably draft the best available defensive player.

So what is the latest on Aldon Smith. Will he even be able to play this season.

The Niners shouldn't play him, give him the year off, even if he's only suspended for a few games. Maybe the fact that they cared about Aldon's well being is enough to help him resign there for a discount, since they showed faith in him and invested in him by helping him to get better.

We'll see. More than likely, he'll be out of the NFL in two years if he doesn't get the help he needs.

bionic77

How does not playing make someone get better?

Why can't he get help and continue to do his job?

Unless you think that being an NFL defender is not compatible with people with mental and drug issues. If that is the case then he shouldn't be allowed to play another down using that logic.

If I was going through some rough shit I would want to continue going to work. Nothing good ever comes from staying at home 24/7. Look at Gata. Do you want this guy to turn out like him?

How does not playing make someone get better?

Why can't he get help and continue to do his job?

Unless you think that being an NFL defender is not compatible with people with mental and drug issues. If that is the case then he shouldn't be allowed to play another down using that logic.

If I was going through some rough shit I would want to continue going to work. Nothing good ever comes from staying at home 24/7. Look at Gata. Do you want this guy to turn out like him?

I said it earlier, getting clean is easy, staying clean is hard. So yes, not playing is going to help him get better because it's going to give him time to focus on his recovery, which needs to be the most important thing in his life if he's going to stay clean. Bionic, you're a smart guy and I usually respect your opinions (except your Flacco love), but you're out of you're element. It's incredibly hard for "normal" people like you to understand how difficult it is to stop using drugs. There's a reason rehabs stay full, and with people coming back again and again, and it's usually because they didn't give their recovery a chance and got right back to their old lives after a few weeks rehab where they can detox and have group therapy, which is not recovery. Rehab and recovery are different.

And to this comment

Unless you think that being an NFL defender is not compatible with people with mental and drug issues

It isn't. If you have a drug problem that you are trying to white knuckle through, then no, the NFL, the lockeroom, and the lifestyle are not compatible.

bionic77

I said it earlier, getting clean is easy, staying clean is hard. So yes, not playing is going to help him get better because it's going to give him time to focus on his recovery, which needs to be the most important thing in his life if he's going to stay clean. Bionic, you're a smart guy and I usually respect your opinions (except your Flacco love), but you're out of you're element. It's incredibly hard for "normal" people like you to understand how difficult it is to stop using drugs. There's a reason rehabs stay full, and with people coming back again and again, and it's usually because they didn't give their recovery a chance and got right back to their old lives after a few weeks rehab where they can detox and have group therapy, which is not recovery. Rehab and recovery are different.

And to this comment

It isn't. If you have a drug problem that you are trying to white knuckle through, then no, the NFL, the lockeroom, and the lifestyle are not compatible.
True I have never been addicted to drugs.

Maybe he shouldn't play but I really think you go crazy at home. If not playing you need something to get you out of bed.

But I am not an expert on drug recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom