• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
It started out strong but fell off halfway through the season.

This last episode on online gaming is pretty good.

Also how the fuck do you watch sports?

i borrow my friends Uverse password for HBOgo and WatchESPN. during last football season i had streaming sunday ticket from madden and then i watch all niners games with my bros at someones house who has directv with sunday ticket. for MLB games/playoffs i just stream it online.

cable/satellite is a fucking waste of money. when i had it i would watch about 5 channels and at the end i was paying $60-80 a month for it. and that is "cheap" compared to what some people i know pay. suck a D directv and other providers!

i also feel like cancelling my cell phone. i'm already outside the 2 year contract with verizon. i have an iphone for work and could get by with that. i don't talk much on the phone. last month i think i used 12 minutes on the phone. my only cause for concern is my friends and i have a lot of inappropriate discussions with photos to match. can't risk getting in trouble at work!

bionic77

i borrow my friends Uverse password for HBOgo and WatchESPN. during last football season i had streaming sunday ticket from madden and then i watch all niners games with my bros at someones house who has directv with sunday ticket. for MLB games/playoffs i just stream it online.

cable/satellite is a fucking waste of money. when i had it i would watch about 5 channels and at the end i was paying $60-80 a month for it. and that is "cheap" compared to what some people i know pay. suck a D directv and other providers!

i also feel like cancelling my cell phone. i'm already outside the 2 year contract with verizon. i have an iphone for work and could get by with that. i don't talk much on the phone. last month i think i used 12 minutes on the phone. my only cause for concern is my friends and i have a lot of inappropriate discussions with photos to match. can't risk getting in trouble at work!
We pretty much watch no tv too. I just can't cut the cable for sports.

Work pays for most of my cell phone so I don't give a fuck that AT&T rapes me.

One day I will be like you and just use Netflix and Hulu.

i do miss watching sports on my nice TV. if i could pay like.... $20 a month and just get the sports channels i'd do it, even outside of football season. but triple or quadruple that i just can't. now if i literally had NO OTHER options to see the niners on sunday, like if i moved away and had no friends with sunday ticket, then i would simply have to bite the bullet and pay whatever directv wanted

bionic77

i do miss watching sports on my nice TV. if i could pay like.... $20 a month and just get the sports channels i'd do it, even outside of football season. but triple or quadruple that i just can't. now if i literally had NO OTHER options to see the niners on sunday, like if i moved away and had no friends with sunday ticket, then i would simply have to bite the bullet and pay whatever directv wanted
Sports is really the only reason to keep cable or satellite any more. Almost all the shows can get gotten on Hulu or on iTunes and the equivalent services.

And those evil fuckers know it so it will always be hard to get online and just pay for the shit you want.

To create a sexual analogy because I am talking to you right now cable is like marriage used to be. Before the 60s you had to marry a chick to get in her pants. It sucked but that was the only way for most dudes. Eventually we tricked girls into being sluts with drugs and pop culture in the 60s and entered into an age of wonders. Now we just need to trick the telco companies to take off their clothes for a nice dinner.

The TMZ guy is the lawyer on People's court?

post-14325-Keanu-Reeves-whoa-gif-Imgur-xpmf.gif

Sports is really the only reason to keep cable or satellite any more. Almost all the shows can get gotten on Hulu or on iTunes and the equivalent services.

And those evil fuckers know it so it will always be hard to get online and just pay for the shit you want.

To create a sexual analogy because I am talking to you right now cable is like marriage used to be. Before the 60s you had to marry a chick to get in her pants. It sucked but that was the only way for most dudes. Eventually we tricked girls into being sluts with drugs and pop culture in the 60s and entered into an age of wonders. Now we just need to trick the telco companies to take off their clothes for a nice dinner.

i like your analogies brother! i hope you use some of those in your various lawyerings!

Konka

Banned

Man I still enjoy the lost art of channel surfing on a saturday afternoon with a hangover and finding some awful movie on tv to watch. I enjoy watching tv more than netflix because I don't know what I want to watch half the time.

Man I still enjoy the lost art of channel surfing on a saturday afternoon with a hangover and finding some awful movie on tv to watch. I enjoy watching tv more than netflix because I don't know what I want to watch half the time.

That was the single best part of cutting the cord - realizing that I don't have to watch TV. Productivity in my house has gone WAY up after cutting the cord.

Sports is still a bitch, but I get what I need with most of the Network TV stations and gamepass anyway.

Konka

Banned
That was the single best part of cutting the cord - realizing that I don't have to watch TV. Productivity in my house has gone WAY up after cutting the cord.

Sports is still a bitch, but I get what I need with most of the Network TV stations and gamepass anyway.

I mean, I live in a small apartment. There is only so much I can do to be productive on a saturday afternoon. I exercise but thats like an hour? I enjoy vegging out.

I have to be productive at work all week, that's not something I want to do on the weekend right now.

anyone watching Orphan Black? i would like to get quadruple teamed or whatever by this girl and all
her clones
. and the show ain't too shabby either!
Watched the first episode yesterday on Prime. It was cool but didn't really grip me yet. I'll watch some more when I can, not in a huge rush though

cdyhybrid

I mean, I live in a small apartment. There is only so much I can do to be productive on a saturday afternoon. I exercise but thats like an hour? I enjoy vegging out.

I have to be productive at work all week, that's not something I want to do on the weekend right now.

You're on GAF! Play video games!

squicken

anyone watching Orphan Black? i would like to get quadruple teamed or whatever by this girl and all
her clones
. and the show ain't too shabby either!

Posted earlier about it. Awesome show. Girl is so hot, and really believable in all the roles. You sometimes forget it's the same actress. Stoked for season two!

cdyhybrid

Man I haven't bought a console since the Wii in 2006 and since 2010 I've bought SCII, Skyward Sword and D3. I just don't really enjoy playing games anymore, I've tried, just doesn't really do it for me any longer.

Maybe you just haven't found the right games! You can try a bunch of different shit with Steam sales.

There's plenty you can do.

Read
Surf the Net
Jerk off

...Actually I guess it's just those three things. And one of them almost inevitably leads to the other.

squicken

Love it or List it they always love it, so good to see an episode where they list it

----

Why SF might be doomed

* Coach and GM feud over clash of egos. Harbaugh wants to get paid. Team seems to think GM Baalke deserves as much credit. “The real reason the 49ers are building a new stadium is that Harbaugh’s ego doesn’t fit into Candlestick Park.”

* Lose two starters in the secondary to free agency (CB Tarell Brown and S Donte Hitner). While this was going on .. CB Chris Culliver arrested for hit-and-run and threatening someone with brass knuckles.

* Colin Kaepernick, who could be in line for a massive contract extension, is under investigation – but not charged with anything – for a bizarre incident in Miami that involves two other NFL players, a woman, nudity, and allegedly, hits from the bong. Hey San Francisco, what’s up with all these police investigations?

* Aldon Smith, who has been a fear-inducing edge rusher for three years, racking up 42 sacks in 43 games, got arrested at the airport for allegedly saying “bomb” to TSA agents. He had DUI arrests in 2012 and 2013, and has been to rehab. Police think he had been drinking the day of his airport arrest (but wasn’t intoxicated).
--
Since losing the NFC Championship games in the final moments, it’s been a rough three months for the 49ers. And it’s likely only going to get worse.

Some key parts in this offense are getting old. Anquan Boldin turns 34 in October, Frank Gore turns 31 in May, and Vernon Davis is 30. One of the best inside linebackers in the league, NaVarro Bowman, is expected to miss half the season after tearing an ACL/MCL against Seattle. (He is “ahead of schedule” but if you expect him to be playing in Week 1, you’re crazy.)

The schedule is unforgiving – trips to the Saints, Broncos, Cowboys and Giants. The NFC West might be the best in football, especially with St. Louis on the rise, and Arizona getting chatter as a darkhorse Super Bowl contender.

ShaneB

Sometimes the journey towards the next breakthrough encounters a setback.

I'll reply to that with a fascinating bit of knowledge I learned tonight from the book I'm reading... "The CSA’s (Canadian Space Agency) budget, for instance, is less than the amount Canadians spend on Halloween candy every year"

... People want to eat junk food more than they want to go to space!!?!?!?

*cries*

cdyhybrid

I'll reply to that with a fascinating bit of knowledge I learned tonight from the book I'm reading... "The CSA’s (Canadian Space Agency) budget, for instance, is less than the amount Canadians spend on Halloween candy every year"

*cries*

Welcome to life as a NASA supporter =\

*cries*

As a future astronomer...it's best not to think about it.

Love it or List it they always love it, so good to see an episode where they list it

----

Why SF might be doomed

lulz

* Coach and GM feud over clash of egos. Harbaugh wants to get paid. Team seems to think GM Baalke deserves as much credit. “The real reason the 49ers are building a new stadium is that Harbaugh’s ego doesn’t fit into Candlestick Park.” harbaugh wants to get paid? really? so does everyone. baalke "wants to get paid" too. and he'll get a pay raise as well

* Lose two starters in the secondary to free agency (CB Tarell Brown and S Donte Hitner). While this was going on .. CB Chris Culliver arrested for hit-and-run and threatening someone with brass knuckles. we lost 3 starters but i don't expect outsiders to know anything about our team anyways. brown hurts to lose. bethea isn't a big downgrade and in some regards is an upgrade. chris culliver is whatever

* Colin Kaepernick, who could be in line for a massive contract extension, is under investigation – but not charged with anything – for a bizarre incident in Miami that involves two other NFL players, a woman, nudity, and allegedly, hits from the bong. Hey San Francisco, what’s up with all these police investigations? as has already been discussed (and the reason why this story has gone away mysteriously!) there is nothing to see here with kap or either of the other 2 players. this is why there were never charges and never a crime ever being accused of being committed

* Aldon Smith, who has been a fear-inducing edge rusher for three years, racking up 42 sacks in 43 games, got arrested at the airport for allegedly saying “bomb” to TSA agents. He had DUI arrests in 2012 and 2013, and has been to rehab. Police think he had been drinking the day of his airport arrest (but wasn’t intoxicated). we were 5-0 without aldon last year
--
Since losing the NFC Championship games in the final moments, it’s been a rough three months for the 49ers. And it’s likely only going to get worse. yeah it sure is likely. we only have 12 draft picks. future is looking bleak indeed :(

Some key parts in this offense are getting old. Anquan Boldin turns 34 in October, Frank Gore turns 31 in May, and Vernon Davis is 30. One of the best inside linebackers in the league, NaVarro Bowman, is expected to miss half the season after tearing an ACL/MCL against Seattle. (He is “ahead of schedule” but if you expect him to be playing in Week 1, you’re crazy.) we were undefeated without pwill last year too! it's like we have depth on defense or something wtf

The schedule is unforgiving – trips to the Saints, Broncos, Cowboys and Giants. The NFC West might be the best in football, especially with St. Louis on the rise, and Arizona getting chatter as a darkhorse Super Bowl contender. schedule doesn't mean shit in april

another article written to garner some hits and pile on after being force fed a bunch of bullshit from the media. at least it's better than singletary pulling his pants down i guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom