• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
True I have never been addicted to drugs.

Maybe he shouldn't play but I really think you go crazy at home. If not playing you need something to get you out of bed.

But I am not an expert on drug recovery.

Some people do go crazy at home. But I think Aldon was given his chance to get back to the grind quickly and see if it would work, and it didn't, so time to try something different.

Slo

I said it earlier, getting clean is easy, staying clean is hard. So yes, not playing is going to help him get better because it's going to give him time to focus on his recovery, which needs to be the most important thing in his life if he's going to stay clean. Bionic, you're a smart guy and I usually respect your opinions (except your Flacco love), but you're out of you're element. It's incredibly hard for "normal" people like you to understand how difficult it is to stop using drugs. There's a reason rehabs stay full, and with people coming back again and again, and it's usually because they didn't give their recovery a chance and got right back to their old lives after a few weeks rehab where they can detox and have group therapy, which is not recovery. Rehab and recovery are different.

And to this comment

It isn't. If you have a drug problem that you are trying to white knuckle through, then no, the NFL, the lockeroom, and the lifestyle are not compatible.

It seems very counter intuitive to me. I would assume that you'd want to give him less idle time and more time spent being accountable to hard ass disciplinarians like JHarbs.

After all, I do at least 65% of my drugs when off the clock.

MRSA

Banned
Aldon Smith and I have the same ideology. We hate being sober.

tumblr_m7ykx4zx241rxe2jbo1_500.gif

Fox318

It seems very counter intuitive to me. I would assume that you'd want to give him less idle time and more time spent being accountable to hard ass disciplinarians like JHarbs.

tfKO1JQ.gif

JCizzle

Looks like I was wrong to judge CK, that chick sounds crazyyyy. This will motivate him to actually work on his game this offseason and not bask in the glory of being the next big thing !

It's different for everybody. When I went to rehab, the doctor who did my intake told me a story. 30 kids are at a party at some house, raid grandma's medicine cabinet, find some vicodin, everybody takes one. 25 people will say it itches and won't like how it makes them feel, 4 will like it but can take it or leave it, and one says "this is the best thing ever". There's a different wiring in addicts. Staying clean for the first year is a full time job. In a rehab of 50 people, only 2 will make it clean a year. Those odds are shitty, and since Aldon proved thus far whatever he did wasn't working, clearly he needs to try another way.

Slo

Looks like I was wrong to judge CK, that chick sounds crazyyyy. This will motivate him to actually work on his game this offseason and not bask in the glory of being the next big thing !

Speaking of CK, does Wellington still post here?

It's true though. Peep game homie.

Who do you see chasing tornadoes and standing in the middle of hurricanes on the Weather Channel? White folk

Who do you see playing with wild lions and crocodiles and shit like pets (peace be to Steve Irwin)? White folk

Who do you see jumping off of canyons? White folk

Who do you see in the X-Games? White folk

Don't get it twisted I love my melanin-challenged brothers and sisters. But yall crazy

bionic77

Yeah I thought work would be good for him but being a defensive star in the NFL might not be one of those jobs...

MRSA

Banned
I actually like Windows Phone. I had a Lumia 900 and it was an interesting experience. I got it for free from Microsoft then Nokia gave me $100 credit for them fucking up the launch firmware (LTE wouldn't connect). I liked it better than Android to be quite honest, too bad the App Store is like Gata's insults, barren.

Charges are “not likely” to be filed today against 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith after he allegedly made a false bomb threat at Los International Airport, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office said. It’s possible, of course, that charges will be filed later this week.

Smith is already scheduled to appear in Santa Clara Superior Court on April 29 regarding a DUI arrest and three felony weapons charges stemming from last year.

run while you can aldon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom