• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Giants update:

They also have Josh Freeman and Matt Flynn coming in for a workout. Whoever the sign will be there short term while Eli's ankle heals. Though there's a chance they could be competing for the #2 QB slot as Curtis Painter isn't exactly rough competition, IMO.

Nassib isn't the 2?

BigAT

Nassib isn't the 2?

He wasn't last year, he didn't do enough in training camp to earn it. Seems like the Giants still view him as a long term project based on their search for a backup QB. At the very least they are certainly playing it safe in case Nassib still hasn't developed as much as they would have liked.

Greg

Giants update:

They also have Josh Freeman and Matt Flynn coming in for a workout. Whoever the sign will be there short term while Eli's ankle heals. Though there's a chance they could be competing for the #2 QB slot as Curtis Painter isn't exactly rough competition, IMO.
you mean #1 slot

Man the shit you have to go through to get on a plane.
gator_plane_2.png

Fox318

Giants update:

osXcDzo.jpg

squicken

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
1) One overarching focus for Philly early was IDing guys who did/didn't fit Chip's culture. Hence, deals for Kelce, Peters, Cooper, etc.

2) ... And that brings us to DeSean. His place in Eagles' salary structure was problematic. Club felt it sent a bad message to teammates.

3) Important to look at skill spots as a group. It's how Chip sees it. Ertz/Sproles seen as able to replace a chuck of Avant/DeSean plays.

4) Eagles wanted a S who could QB the secondary w/flex to play CB. That's Jenkins, who they think can be to DBs what DeMeco is to front 7.

5) OLB and WR remain as Philly draft needs. WR crop is stronger than OLB, so Eagles could think outside the box to add a pass rusher.

Nassib was a high floor, low ceiling guy so this doesn't bode to well for him.

Nassib hasn't had much of an opportunity though. He was put behind an absolutely dreadful third string offensive line in the preseason last year. He's coming into a new offensive system this season now and he'll hopefully get a chance to do something more than run away from defenders a half second after the ball is snapped.

Painter is still around??
Unfortunately. I'd have preferred to keep Carr.

Speaking of tanking, the Commander of the First Suck for Luck campaign is still on the market.

6a00e550080ede8833013487895c6e970c-800wi

I remember when Mel Kiper staked his professional reputation on him being a star in the NFL.

Draxal

Nassib hasn't had much of an opportunity though. He was put behind an absolutely dreadful third string offensive line in the preseason last year. He's coming into a new offensive system this season now and he'll hopefully get a chance to do something more than run away from defenders a half second after the ball is snapped.

Unfortunately. I'd have preferred to keep Carr.

Agreed totally,

I just think holding onto three roster spots for a qb is stupid, with the Giants injury track record. And yes I know the Giants got younger and supposedly healthier, but if it wasn't for Tom Quinn, I think the training staff would be the number one target for the fanbase (now that Gilbride is gone).

Fox318

That Nexus 7 thread in gaming is hilarious. The righteous indignation these neckbeards have, man. Incredible.

If it gets the filthy Apple fanboys that occupy the games media to follow android more its a good thing.

Valve ported Steam to mac just so that lazy people in the games media could no longer ignore pc gaming.

Dragon

Banned
If it gets the filthy Apple fanboys that occupy the games media to follow android more its a good thing.

Valve ported Steam to mac just so that lazy people in the games media could no longer ignore pc gaming.

PC Gaming is not ignored any more. Sites like Giantbomb pretty much do 75% of their content on pc gaming.

Talon

If this was a parody response to mimic that thread: 10/10

If not: 0/10

Fox318

PC Gaming is not ignored any more. Sites like Giantbomb pretty much do 75% of their content on pc gaming.

That's pretty much because Valve ported Steam to mac.

Even on Giantbomb Patrick would never be covering PC games if a fan didn't purchase the equipment for him. Most of the people that cover games wouldn't cover PC games for a long time because it required them to own a pc.

It came down to them being lazy. Now they cover games on PC because they all have friends that make PC games now and they discovered indie games that they can justify to their parents with a fake social importance to their profession.

It won't be too long before we start reading things like this:

"Its a game about the social inequality and sexism that women face in a modern day misogynistic society that isn't being addressed in traditional popular culture by its unique usage of Pixel art and full motion video. Its not a game so much as it is an expression in the true experience of the phony life that has been thrown over the eyes of the public."

Agreed totally,

I just think holding onto three roster spots for a qb is stupid, with the Giants injury track record. And yes I know the Giants got younger and supposedly healthier, but if it wasn't for Tom Quinn, I think the training staff would be the number one target for the fanbase (now that Gilbride is gone).

Yeah I agree. I hate having 3 QB's on the roster so I'm selfishly hoping Nassib does develop.

bionic77

Man the shit you have to go through to get on a plane.
Things that are preventing Gata from getting on a plane:

1) money
2) background checks
3) appearance
4) high likelihood of talking about bombs and terrorism while going through security

That Nexus 7 thread in gaming is hilarious. The righteous indignation these neckbeards have, man. Incredible.
To be fair most gaming reviews and the publications that cover it are a joke.

Speaking of jokes...

Why the crazy hate against Apple?

Is it because you can't afford their products or is this a phone wars thing?

MechDX

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt · 58m
The more I read "unnamed execs" disparaging Clowney and Bridgewater the more I'm convinced a lot of teams really like them. #games

Lying season in full effect now.

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt · 58m
The more I read "unnamed execs" disparaging Clowney and Bridgewater the more I'm convinced a lot of teams really like them. #games

Lying season in full effect now.
I am so ready for the draft. I hate the endless droning that goes on for months leading up to it.

MOCK DRAFT ALERT!

Ok, so we're about a week or so out from draft week. I think its about time to start getting folks who want to be involved listed and ready to go. I think Deacon had mentioned wanting to get started the week of the 25th which leaves plenty of time before the draft.

I don't necessarily have to run it again this year. If someone else is interested, please speak up and I'll gladly bow out. If no one else wants to, I'll go ahead and run with it.

Proposed Rules/Guidelines:

- The purpose of the mock draft is to try and best simulate what will happen on draft day. Those choosing for their respective teams should be looking to choose a player that they think their team will choose. This is not about who YOU want, its about what you think your team will do on draft day.

- No trades. Up or down. Too complicated and it will slow things down.

- Your group has four hours to make their selection from the time your team is announced to be on the clock. The only exception is if your teams clock starts overnight of course. At which point the clock starts running at 10AM EST the next day.

(the times here are up for debate by the way, if you guys think 4 hours isn't enough time we can extend it. I'm going by how it was done last year).

- If there is no selection made in that four hour time period 1 of two things could happen:
1. I make the selection for you.
2. The selection can be opened up to NFL-GAF in general and the consensus pick wins. The person with the best write-up for the consensus pick gets it added to the mock draft.

- Along with the regular team/group selections, I was thinking maybe the general NFL-GAF population can do the consensus pick anyways. Maybe have a secondary mock draft happening during that 4 hour time period between actual team/group selections? Just throwing that out there.

So that's my general thinking on it. Any feedback, please post it. For those interested in partaking, please say so and I'll get a list going by team to post prior to the start of the draft. I'm thinking the draft will start on April 25th at 12PM EST.

------------------

Texans - MechDX
Raiders - Mackenzie 92
Cardinals - Squall ASF
Rams - Squicken, B For Bendetta
Ravens - BaltimoreLarry
Dolphins - chris.trejo, The_Darkest_Red
Bucs - Syrinx
Jaguars - Tamanon

cdyhybrid

Talisa was by far the hottest girl on the show. Great body, prettiest face, and just the right look.

I do see Ertz and Sproles making tons of big plays and providing some production lost with Desean.

But we still need the big play down the field speed demon threat.

Maybe you guys could convince the Dolphins to trade Mike Wallace.

I'm in for the Raiders draft.

Spoiler -
We select Derek Carr.

Talisa was by far the hottest girl on the show. Great body, prettiest face, and just the right look.

Margery for me. Something about that chick, ever since the tudors, gives me the biggest boner.

It's a special feeling.

Spoiler -
We select Derek Carr.

Margery for me. Something about that chick, ever since the tudors, gives me the biggest boner.

It's a special feeling.

Lol. I think Natalie Dormer is hot, but like...she isn't as good looking in that show as she is in everything else she does.

effzee

Spoiler -
We select Derek Carr.

It's a special feeling.

She is quite lovely herself. I would not kick her out of my bed. But Mrs. Robb Stark oh my

Syrinx

Are these picks able to be collaborative efforts, or just one person?

I'll be on the Bucs part if it's the former, and if not I'll do it if DMczaf isn't interested.

Are these picks able to be collaborative efforts, or just one person?

I'll be on the Bucs part if it's the former, and if not I'll do it if DMczaf isn't interested.

If there's more than one fan representative that posts here and wants to participate, there's usually a collaboration but one person is designated to make the selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom