• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

What is a natural leader? We can only know leadership by the effect it inspires in others. One is either a leader or not. Giving him the benefit of the doubt a better word might have been that he doesn't have charisma.

Russell Wilson is a natural leader. Without playing a down his teammates were following him

Aaron Rodgers is not a natural leader. He's a prick but his teammates respond to him b/c he is so good and makes them better

Talon

Russell Wilson is a natural leader. Without playing a down his teammates were following him

Aaron Rodgers is not a natural leader. He's a prick but his teammates respond to him b/c he is so good and makes them better
Would characterize Russell Wilson as the bro that would drive the car?

MechDX

I wouldn't mind picking for the Cowboys. I am sure it will be a collaborative pick with Cash.

Interesting stat though,

I think if Barr, Donald, Martin, or Jernigan are not there, Trader Jerry will trade back. I know that is against the rules but that is what it looks like to me.

Jerruh will trade up for JFF. Book it.

Spinluck

Squick giving the Seahawks props? I've been gone too long.

For the new page:

MOCK DRAFT ALERT!

Ok, so we're about a week or so out from draft week. I think its about time to start getting folks who want to be involved listed and ready to go. I think Deacon had mentioned wanting to get started the week of the 25th which leaves plenty of time before the draft.

I don't necessarily have to run it again this year. If someone else is interested, please speak up and I'll gladly bow out. If no one else wants to, I'll go ahead and run with it.

Proposed Rules/Guidelines:

- The purpose of the mock draft is to try and best simulate what will happen on draft day. Those choosing for their respective teams should be looking to choose a player that they think their team will choose. This is not about who YOU want, its about what you think your team will do on draft day.

- No trades. Up or down. Too complicated and it will slow things down.

- Your group has four hours to make their selection from the time your team is announced to be on the clock. The only exception is if your teams clock starts overnight of course. At which point the clock starts running at 10AM EST the next day.

(the times here are up for debate by the way, if you guys think 4 hours isn't enough time we can extend it. I'm going by how it was done last year).

- If there is no selection made in that four hour time period 1 of two things could happen:
1. I make the selection for you.
2. The selection can be opened up to NFL-GAF in general and the consensus pick wins. The person with the best write-up for the consensus pick gets it added to the mock draft.

- Along with the regular team/group selections, I was thinking maybe the general NFL-GAF population can do the consensus pick anyways. Maybe have a secondary mock draft happening during that 4 hour time period between actual team/group selections? Just throwing that out there.

So that's my general thinking on it. Any feedback, please post it. For those interested in partaking, please say so and I'll get a list going by team to post prior to the start of the draft. I'm thinking the draft will start on April 25th at 12PM EST.

------------------

Texans - MechDX
Raiders - Mackenzie 92
Cardinals - Squall ASF
Rams - Squicken, B For Bendetta
Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato, Bolt Vanderhuge
Dolphins - chris.trejo, The_Darkest_Red
Bucs - Syrinx
Jaguars - Tamanon
Giants - BigAT, Futurevoid, Draxal, Striker
Browns - BlackGhost, Wes
Patriots - Colasante, ActStriker
Eagles - gutshot, yankeehater, jabee
Cowboys - Farooq
Vikings - Slo

Spinluck

Would characterize Russell Wilson as the bro that would drive the car?

He seems like the type of bro that would pay for your meal if you forgot your wallet, and still leave a tip.

Rodgers would pay for his meal, walk out on you and laugh. All because you made fun of his height 2 weeks ago.

Farooq

Banned
Jerruh will trade up for JFF. Book it.

The last time Jerry used a first round pick on a QB was in 1989. Not happening, especially when we got ....Wooooo! Tony Romo! Wooooo!

You don't rebuild with Romo.

don-t-win-friends-with-salad-o.gif

Should I list the stats? Do I have the time? I vowed not to defend Romo anymore, but the desire to defend him is strong. No, I must resist. They know, they know how good Romo is...No need.

cdyhybrid

The last time Jerry used a first round pick on a QB was in 1989. Not happening, especially when we got ....Wooooo! Tony Romo! Wooooo!

don-t-win-friends-with-salad-o.gif

Should I list the stats? Do I have the time? I vowed not to defend Romo anymore, but the desire to defend him is strong. No, I must resist. They know, they know how good Romo is...No need.

Do it. :kas isn't here right now, so...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2534095/don-t-win-friends-with-salad-o.gif

nfl_u_mstaffordts1_576.jpg

Did I hear someone say stats?

bionic77

Rodgers also has a lot of ex teammates shit on him as soon as they are out the door.

Never a good sign.

bionic77

You Pats fans have a weird way of saying I love you.
Everything about Pat fans is weird and unnatural.

Look at the weirds that franchise attracts. They get drug dealers like Gata and psychopaths like Lunchbox on their sick bandwagon. Not to mention all of the guys who don't fit in Europe or the way they all seem to disobey the no shirt, no shoes, no service policy at most restaurants.

Bread

Banned
Everything about Pat fans is weird and unnatural.

Look at the weirds that franchise attracts. They get drug dealers like Gata and psychopaths like Lunchbox on their sick bandwagon. Not to mention all of the guys who don't fit in Europe or the way they all seem to disobey the no shirt, no shoes, no service policy at most restaurants.
i thought we were friends

cajunator

Banned
I hate it when I have finished my work week but my dispatch slide calls in and I have to come in for another night. Im already exhausted. 96 hours wears on you.

bionic77

i thought we were friends
FMT is weird and unnatural and we are all friendly with him.

Just try to be less douchey than Lunchbox and more intelligent than Gata.

it's hard not to have issues with everyone when you're the greatest TE of all time
If he didn't injured and had a real qb he probably would be the greatest TE in the NFC North.

Dude has cause to complain.

Why should he block when Erron isn't doing his job of getting him the ball?

This is where a real leader like Tebow can inspire pond scum like Finley to sacrifice for the greater good of the team. The only other way to get obedience is to knife someones aunt or eat their pet (i.e. the Ray Lewis special). We can argue all day about which method is more effective, but there is no argument that Erron is a shitty leader.

bionic77

I hate it when I have finished my work week but my dispatch slide calls in and I have to come in for another night. Im already exhausted. 96 hours wears on you.
I have some clients who work in the oil industry and have to do dangerous shit for crazy hours like 120 hours a week at times. They might get the next week off but that kind of work is obviously not for everyone.

They cope with prostitutes and drugs during their down time. Check with your family doctor if you can get a prescription for that too.

Bread

Banned
FMT is weird and unnatural and we are all friendly with him.

Just try to be less douchey than Lunchbox and more intelligent than Gata.

If he didn't injured and had a real qb he probably would be the greatest TE in the NFC North.

Dude has cause to complain.

Why should he block when Erron isn't doing his job of getting him the ball?

This is where a real leader like Tebow can inspire pond scum like Finley to sacrifice for the greater good of the team. The only other way to get obedience is to knife someones aunt or eat their pet (i.e. the Ray Lewis special). We can argue all day about which method is more effective, but there is no argument that Erron is a shitty leader.
im insulted that you are even comparing me to them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom