• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

slabrock

Banned
Glad to see Cleveland release Weeden early. Gives him ample time to find the right landing spot for him to be a true franchise QB...llololololol

Tom Penny

Is it really that unreasonable? Sorry I didn't mean to throw Danny in, but Logan Mankins. Guys who can contribute and come off the books soon, and don't hamstring them when they need it most.

What team trades for a nose tackle coming off an achilles that is 11 million against the cap..they don't exist. Secondly Pats need Mankins to protect the most imortant player on the team and he's more or less still proven beast.

This is basically my feelings on this offseason so far. Time is running out for the Eagles to make a big move to improve the defense. Extremely disappointing. They have a chance to contend, but they are making the moves of a team looking for a Top 10 pick in the draft.

does patchwork ever work?

the Eagles should have rebooted a while ago--they delayed it because they got lucky with Vick and they have found a way to do it again with Foles

yall really need to think about moving D-Jax for a pick and revving up the tank engine like your NBA team did--the sixers are going to be fantastic in just a few short years because they understood when to shut it down

_woLf

Just realized Tate will be playing in Green Bay every year now.

That should go well...

His contract with DET must have been huge for him to leave Seattle after the whole "hometown discount" thing. Specially since he's going to Detroit. Clearly not for the championship opportunity.

It would hurt to see Tom in a different uniform.

montana.jpg

Get ready for it.

That should go well...

His contract with DET must have been huge for him to leave Seattle after the whole "hometown discount" thing. Specially since he's going to Detroit. Clearly not for the championship opportunity.

Lol didn't think about that. That should be fun.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

That should go well...

What part of youngest QB to throw 5000 yards and the greatest D-Line of all time were you confused about?

Stafford will throw for 6000 yards this season if they land Sproles.

1000 yards for each win

Fox318

So to recap Idzik needed to get:

• CB
  • K
  • TE
  • RG
  • RT
  • WR
  • WR
  • S
  • QB

And this is what he has done

• Resign Kicker
  • Resign a sub average TE

Sounds like Idzik is trying to sabotage Rex

We are bleeding pretty bad so far lol

I think Golden Tate leaving was always a foregone conclusion once the Seahawks got Percy. Having Percy, Golden and Doug Baldwin just didn't make long term sense.

Given Pete's history he will grab another tall Mike Williams/Patrick Turner/Dwayne Jarrett/Sidney Rice type guy to pair with Harvin on the outside while Doug Baldwin remains in the Bobby Engram slot guy/Mr 3rd down conversion role he's become quite good at.

Jarnet87

Pretty much known from the start the Bucs were gonna get McCown. At least he's confident going into the year. Tillman and Collins came to town today, most likely will get one if not both.

Looks like Revis is pretty much confirmed to be a patriot

It's fun to imagine Revis on the Pats, but there is no way they pay him enough. All this talk about going to play for a contender is great but we'll see what happens when the Raiders/Brown/whoever come to him with an offer twice what the Pats are willing to pay.

Tenumi

Banned
I like signing Golden Tate, but I doubt it'll stop a potential trade up for Sammy Watkins. Honestly, minus that trade up scenario... I haven't a clue who would be a good pick. I've cooled on Evans, and I don't know if any of the DBs are worth the pick.

JABEE

Our beat writers annoy the hell out of me.

Malcolm Jenkins is like the Connor Barwin signing. They are a bunch of Howie Roseman lapdogs.

Ward is one-dimensional according to Mosher, and Jenkins is more "versatile."

Absolute shit. "All of the locker room would be mad if they paid a player just like 2011."

Let's not pay anyone, because we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Boo hoo.

Dysun

lol Revis going to Patriots, wont happen unless they are willing to pay him more than anybody else
Manish Mehta knows how to work Jets fans

KingGondo

Banned
I have to admit it, I'm salty about how things turned out for Weeden. Easily the best QB ever from my alma mater and now he's a punchline.

Nobody to blame really but himself. Some of those plays were just so boneheaded.

Hopefully he can catch on as a backup somewhere. I could see Dallas taking a flyer on him since they already have so many guys from OSU.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not a fan of the Tate deal if true.

He's 5'10" and we have a QB who regularly overthrows Calvin Johnson.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 55m
Jets interested in Panthers free agent WR Brandon LaFell. He's visiting the Patriots today. Broncos also interested.

Bidding War Time

Updated OFFSEASON INVITATIONAL STANDINGS

1) Broncos
2) Bucs
3) Jags
4) Falcons
5) Saints

Tenumi

Banned
This is why beat reporters wait for sources instead of jumping the gun!

Sounds like 5-year deal for $31M and $13.25M guaranteed.

Edit: official now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom