• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colasante

Tom E. Curran:
Source tells me the Eagles are expected to be among the teams in mix for UFA Darrelle Revis.

Spoiler Alert: Revis is going to the Eagles. Patriots will not get into a bidding war for him.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is why beat reporters wait for sources instead of jumping the gun!

Sounds like 5-year deal for $31M and $13.25M guaranteed.

Edit: official now.

That's not that bad, actually. Now if only Stafford can throw a ball anywhere near him.

Last year people connected to the Eagles were saying they really wanted Revis, but I am not sure if I would do that now. He didnt look great when asked to play zone last year. I almost would rather the Pats be the team to pay him crazy money and then have them still lose.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Last year people connected to the Eagles were saying they really wanted Revis, but I am not sure if I would do that now. He didnt look great when asked to play zone last year. I almost would rather the Pats be the team to pay him crazy money and then have them still lose.

He thrives in man, that's what bill wants, see Talib, see Ty Law.

_woLf

I still don't get Tate. Hometown discount, blah blah blah, doesn't even give Seattle a chance to counter. Takes relatively low offer in Detroit.

Why. :( Now we'll have to go WR in the first instead of DT or OT like I would have preferred.

Eleuin

Tate will be annoying as fuck to watch twice a year but he's a good receiver

He's used to jumpballs already but I don't think he's ready to be overthrown to quite yet

cdyhybrid

I still don't get Tate. Hometown discount, blah blah blah, doesn't even give Seattle a chance to counter. Takes relatively low offer in Detroit.

Why. :( Now we'll have to go WR in the first instead of DT or OT like I would have preferred.

Relax. This is what happens when you win the Super Bowl. It's not a big deal - he's replaceable, as are all the guys that have left.

rando14

Ehhh it's kinda cloudy. For all we know Seattle gave Tate a line they couldnt go over, and Detroit just crossed it. Doubt Tate had no communication about this with PCJS.

Dog-on-a-jetski_large.gif

Wow @ that Tate deal. I don't think he is a good route runner and not a burner. He is good at jump balls and a good PR but that is a lot of money for his talents

On the list of priorities for big contracts the Seahawks should worry about I think a dime a dozen caliber possession receiver is pretty low on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom