• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duxxy3

I shit on him because he made dropping routine catches at critical times a habit (especially last year) but he's...alright.

Like Crisco said, he's a very good downfield blocker. Not a bad route runner either, just those drops man.

iRyI6H08Vcvu1.gif

lafelldrop.gif

He'll fit right in with the rest of our drop happy WR's.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Last thing Brady needs is another stone handed receiver. It's better than nothing I guess, they need to just get some viable targets, just not Austin Collie anymore, please.

I still don't get Tate. Hometown discount, blah blah blah, doesn't even give Seattle a chance to counter. Takes relatively low offer in Detroit.

Why. :( Now we'll have to go WR in the first instead of DT or OT like I would have preferred.

Good teams lose good players to free agency every year.

You'll feel better once Seattle finds 3-4 starters in this upcoming draft.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow @ that Tate deal. I don't think he is a good route runner and not a burner. He is good at jump balls and a good PR but that is a lot of money for his talents

He's getting half of what Mike Wallace got last year and the $13.25 guaranteed isn't that bad.

So the Broncos have pretty much proven there is no such thing as a real cap in the NFL, right?

Sure there is, but you can push back cap disaster for several years. Eventually the cap will hit really hard, you just gotta hope you win a ring before it destroys your team

exarkun

He re-signed with Minnesota. Texans really don't have a bridge QB, unless it is Schoob

oh sweet baby J. Thank you Squicken.

How bad is it looking for us keeping any talent because of Schoobs/Arians crazy contracts? I saw the special teamers go, and the variety of defensive players we let go into FA. Which is fine for a few, but Earl : (

manfestival

I am pretty pleased with the pick ups so far. I saw someone complaining about how people are celebrating a coach with a 58% career win record but the reality is, thats better than what we have been seeing. I will be happy if we even go 8-8. I will be ecstatic if we go playoffs

squicken

oh sweet baby J. Thank you Squicken.

How bad is it looking for us keeping any talent because of Schoobs/Arians crazy contracts? I saw the special teamers go, and the variety of defensive players we let go into FA. Which is fine for a few, but Earl : (

Antonio is gone, so is OD. Seems to be some ambiguity on whether Schoob stays or goes. Could be they are trying to trade him. The other two tight ends are also both in play to leave. Texans really haven't shown an interest in keeping of their FAs, or in acquiring any other teams'

Doomsayer

Most of the NBA fans are waiting for their tanking teams to profit in the NBA draft. As a Celtics fan I know I am. *sigh* :-(

Just so you know... this has nothing to do with the Lakers sucking. It has everything to do with the constant closing of the thread. That is all. :)

RyanDG

Man, this is my favorite time of year. I can officially load up Madden and no longer have to look at the fucking ticker reminding me of the 43-8 super bowl loss.

AND I get to laugh at all of my Raiders friends for what has to be one of the most bizarre Raiders off seasons that I've seen in a very long time.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Nothing is going on. Jason Campbell had a roster bonus they didn't want to pay and Brandon Weeden is Brandon Weeden. They're going to draft a quarterback at #4.

They don't have anybody left on the roster, who the hell knows what Hoyer's knee situation is.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Pats freeing up a ton of cap today, Sopoaga, Wilfork restructure/extension, cutting Wilson. Even with Revis they'll have plenty of cap space for guys like Nicks or Steve Smith.

cajunator

Banned
Man, this is my favorite time of year. I can officially load up Madden and no longer have to look at the fucking ticker reminding me of the 43-8 super bowl loss.

AND I get to laugh at all of my Raiders friends for what has to be one of the most bizarre Raiders off seasons that I've seen in a very long time.

That is a hell of a bad loss to take. I was seriously shocked it was that lopsided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom