• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
Suggestion on twitter that Weeden may go to the Bears.
Statue in the pocket? Check.
Big arm? Check.
Questionable decision-making? Check.
Overly reliant on one great receiver? Check.
Prone to hilarious gaffes on the field? Check.

He's like an older, worse Cutler. Sign him up, Trestman!

Furyous

brandonweedendetriotlionsvclevlandbrowns1wfhp3rhlx7l.jpg

Good Riddance. I knew this was a bust on draft night. We should've drafted once-in-a-generation Russell Wilson. Prototypical size sends another QB to the graveyard.

Alchemy

How much of the Bronco's cap is tied up in Manning? With all these big named defenders getting signed, I imagine the strategy is to load up now to try to get a ring before Manning retires, then once he does (in one or two seasons most likely) enjoy the cap relief to offset their current spending spree.

Man who the fuck is going to be the Eagles backup QB next year? They have no one on the team that can push Foles, or fill in for him if he gets hurt.

Wait a minute..
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 58s

Texans are $13.752 under cap. Schaub would count $3.5 million against cap if they waived him and made him June 1 cap casualty. They're not.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 1m

Matt Schaub is better than any QB who was or is on the market. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Duxxy3

Pats freeing up a ton of cap today, Sopoaga, Wilfork restructure/extension, cutting Wilson. Even with Revis they'll have plenty of cap space for guys like Nicks or Steve Smith.

I would love to bring in steve smith. He's older, for sure, but he has solid hands and brady would love him.

JABEE

Ian Rapoport
‏@RapSheet
#Browns have released 2 QBs today — Brandon Weeden & Jason Campbell. Who will join Brian Hoyer? Don’t be surprised if it’s Matt Schaub

Schoob in Cleveland?

RyanDG

How much of the Bronco's cap is tied up in Manning? With all these big named defenders getting signed, I imagine the strategy is to load up now to try to get a ring before Manning retires, then once he does (in one or two seasons most likely) enjoy the cap relief to offset their current spending spree.

Yep. 19 million in Manning next season I believe. There are a ton of names that are going to need to be resigned next year.

Demaryius Thomas
Von Miller
Julius Thomas
Orlando Franklin

Are the four most important ones I think. I hope they get a long term deal inked with DT and Julius before the next offseason. Von Miller - I love you man - but I need to see a full season of performance again before Denver commits long term.

This next offseason is going to be a tough one for Broncos fans.

cajunator

Banned
Hmm. So Pierre Thomas signed two year extension but hes staying a Saint. Awesome news. Just read that. Sucks to see Sproles and the others go but PT is by far one of my favorite players.

Yep. 19 million in Manning next season I believe. There are a ton of names that are going to need to be resigned next year.

Demaryius Thomas
Von Miller
Julius Thomas
Orlando Franklin

Are the four most important ones I think. I hope they get a long term deal inked with DT and Julius before the next offseason. Von Miller - I love you man - but I need to see a full season of performance again before Denver commits long term.

With 10 million or more of extra cap space being added next year though...

Fox318

Rich Cimini
‏@RichCimini
Jets lose QB Josh McCown to Bucs. Spoke to personnel guy who thinks he would've been great fit w/ Geno and Jets. Now focus on Vick. #Jets

Then maybe you should have signed him.

Mannings cap hit in 2015 and 2016 is $21.5, but he only has $5m of dead money in 2015, and $2.5m in 2016. His retiring will help them out big time if it comes to that.

Dysun

Are we really gonna act like Josh McCown is a good pick up for the Jets, who cares

Idzik isn't doling out money to JAGs and that's a good thing

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Demaryius Thomas
Von Miller
Julius Thomas
Orlando Franklin

That's what I don't understand about the whole thing. DT is a beast and so is Von. They sacrificed one of those guys for a potentially washed up player in Ware, even though I think it's a solid signing, they spent far too much.

Syrinx

Bit puzzled by the McCown signing. It'd be fine if the Bucs weren't rumored to be interested in QBs like Bortles, Bridgewater, and Garropollo for the draft. But if we do draft one then Glennon will be the odd man out. Wonder if Lovie really doesn't think he's the guy.

Maybe I'm looking too much into this.

Bit puzzled by the McCown signing. It'd be fine if the Bucs weren't rumored to be interested in QBs like Bortles, Bridgewater, and Garropollo for the draft. But if we do draft one then Glennon will be the odd man out. Wonder if Lovie really doesn't think he's the guy.

Maybe I'm looking too much into this.

I don't think you guys were ever gonna spend a 1st or 2nd on a QB, this just confirms it.

Probably will pick up a mid to late round guy still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom