• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

I don't think you guys were ever gonna spend a 1st or 2nd on a QB, this just confirms it.

Probably will pick up a mid to late round guy still.

Possibly, and Bridgewater is really the only one I think I'd be okay with drafting with an early pick. We have other positions to fill and this draft is deep in the ones we need. Wouldn't mind taking Smith or Fales in the 5th or something like that.

Furyous

I wish JC the best. It's messed up injuries derailed his career. However, he was a true professional during his time in Cleveland.

All we need to do is sign Vick and draft Teddy. Let Vick start. Teddy comes along slowly.

@gregauman:
Bucs' Lovie Smith, asked if Josh McCown is his quarterback: "Yes, he is."

Glennondorf am cry

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 11s
Has anybody considered maybe the #Panthers are going to the Wing T? Then it all makes sense.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 6m
Recapping the day for Panthers WRs: Steve Smith out, Brandon LaFell visiting Patriots, Ted Ginn Jr. visiting Bucs.
Marvin McNutt, you're up.

CAR beat writers have had a field day with it. Panthers Nation is...not very amused at the moment.

manfestival

I think that is a great singing for you guys. Look at all the money Cutler gets, and McCown is a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better QB then Cutler is.
certainly a good choice for QB competition. Keep both QBs on point. Have another drama like the 49ers 2 years ago with kap and alex.
That was the point, Cimini and Mehta are whipping Jets skyfallers into a frenzy today with 'omg we aren't signing anybody' and 'Revis is going to the Pats'
Revis going to pats would be a natural progression of any decent-good player being released from the bucs. Seems to the circle of life at least.

squicken

CAR beat writers have had a field day with it. Panthers Nation is...not very amused at the moment.

Pretty sure Darren Gannt has a good cry or three over Smith's pending departure

Mettenberger is your Michael Lombardi

Oddly I dislike McCarron more, but people seem wise to his crap. Mettenberger fools people with the size/big arm and supposed "pro ready" label b/c he played for Cam Cameron. I'd take Aaron Murray every day of the week

Saffold contract doesn't look too bad really.

The Oakland Raiders signed T Rodger Saffold on March 11, 2014 to a five year, $42.5 million contract that contained $15.875 million in fully guaranteed salary. Saffold will receive a $5 million signing bonus and $3 million roster bonus in 2014. His entire 2015 base salary is guaranteed for injury only, but will vest to fully guaranteed if on the roster thee days after the 2014 Super Bowl. Base salaries of the contract are $7,875,000(2014), $5,625,000(2015), $5,775,000(2016), $7,300,000(2017), and $7,300,000(2018)

ShaneB

So excited for the ATL podcast tonight to hear them break all this down.

edit: Also, so much for going home early. Fuck you Mr Lang!

edit: Yay at keep McDaniel!

squicken

jrx9c5N.gif

Damn

ShaneB

I wish I could go home early and play some more Titanfall.

Now I have to weigh my options, I guess going to the gym makes the most sense, but I don't want to deal with any sort of traffic right now just to get down there, but I don't want to sit around and have my Car get even more buried in snow for like an hour here.

WedgeX

Banned
Holy fuck at Golden Tate coming to the Lions. 5 years at $31mil hasn't processed yet. But I suppose the Lions are going to focus on defensive backs in the draft now. Shit. Megatron, Tate, Bush and Bell? Got dang.

Fox318

Holy fuck at Golden Tate coming to the Lions. 5 years at $31mil hasn't processed yet. But I suppose the Lions are going to focus on defensive backs in the draft now. Shit. Megatron, Tate, Bush and Bell? Got dang.

To bad they have a fat fatty fat fat at qb

Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 10m
#Browns S Donte Whitner said he sent organization a text the other day telling it to look at WR Ted Ginn Jr. Said Ginn wants to be a Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom