• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr2xxx

Banned
I am loving what my favorite team the Jaguars are doing. I am probably a little optimistic, but after looking at their schedule, I can see them make a run at the playoffs. The question is what are they going to do with the 3rd pick. I think they trade out and get 2 or 3 picks out of it.

Gerhart, Blackmon, and Henne is your offense. Gotta set realistic standards.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Brandon Weeden has been released, let's look back at the memories. Please open this music video and listen to it while going through these gifs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSz16ngdsG0

815001286.gif

weedennocare.gif

brandon-weeden-intercepted-by-jacksonville-part-1.gif

Goodnight sweet prince, your time here is over.

WeedenFlag.gif

Weeden-face_20131014053844_320_240.JPG

Megatron and Golden Tate. Hmmm.

I like the deal, even though the money is slightly more than I would have preferred; still it's far from bad.

To me this is a put up or shut up signing for Stafford (and Kas). If you give any good QB Megatron AND Tate they'd have a great season.

Megatron, Tate, Bush, Bell, Fauria, whichever WR we draft, and hopefully a healthy Broyles...no excuses.

:jnc Kave

And For Browns Gaf, on B Tate don't believe he actually came today. We're having a bit of a winter storm. They're in talks though I've seen.

I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark and say we sign Edleman too.

:jnc Kave

And For Browns Gaf, on B Tate don't believe he actually came today. We're having a bit of a winter storm. They're in talks though I've seen.

I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark and say we sign Edleman too.

Stay away from Jules! He's too handsome to be a Brown, all the dawgs will drool on him, ruining his suits.

Found the Gabbert play from college. Been looking for this for awhile

That's something you can't teach.

MechDX

It has more to do with the schedule than personnel. At the very least they won't be the easy win they were this year.

How many coaches you getting fired?

Nick Spain ‏@Mel_Kipers_Son · 1h
Looks like RB Ben Tate is going to Cleveland, his visit went well and the #Browns will give him a contract offer later today #NFL

WOOHOO!! Get to file tampering charges!

We kind of had to overpay as we had two needs at ILB and no one to play there. I'm not too concerned though. We have tons of cap space, it's front loaded for first two years so can always dump him when needed, and he's a good character guy to have in the locker room by all accounts.
Yeah that's how I viewed it and I expect you to cut him after two seasons but overpaying for talent is more tolerable when you're built to make a run at a chip such as the Broncos and their deal with Talib. It doesn't make sense to do this when you don't even have a QB. Unless they believe Johnny will take them to the promise land in the first two years.
Man arms. Would NOT!
What if she agreed to shit on your face?
smh no need to gloat Cards
Choo Choo! Full Steam Ahead!
It's all good. I'll be pretty surprised if he's anything but average in that division.
I'll be surprised if he's anything less than above average, at least after he's had time here. Coaching staff proved themselves last year, no doubt they can get him where he needs to be...in the pro bowl ;) Just wonder how long it will take but I take comfort in that they made a undrafted no name serviceable so..

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I was pretty high on Weeden when he got drafted. I can't believe how wrong I was. Not Blaine Gabbert or Jimmy Clausen wrong so there's that.

Excellent, we managed to keep Shaughnessey, thought the Patriots might steal him since he visited them today and there hadn't been word about our dealings with him outside us wanting to keep him.

Bills signed Keith Rivers? Sorry, LJ.

In all seriousness, hes a cheap signing and not awful but the Giants letting an LB walk is like The Rams letting an olineman walk.

MechDX

Let's hop back in the wayback machine to see how I took the Gabbert drafting. Honestly forgot we traded up to get him also.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27474598&postcount=6766

Handled it with aplomb.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/qb-or-...involving-jadeveon-clowney-175720305-nfl.html

The Jaguars' trade of 2011 first-round pick Blaine Gabbert is another reminder to Jacksonville fans of the decision the team made that year to take the Missouri quarterback with the 10th pick and then watch division rival Houston select J.J. Watt at No. 11. There were Pro Bowl-bound defensive ends also picked at No. 14 (Robert Quinn) and at No. 16 (Ryan Kerrigan, in a pick traded from Jacksonville), but it is Watt who will forever stand in severe contrast with Gabbert in Duval County. Watt is one the best defensive players in football over the last three years, while Gabbert never looked like a starter in Jacksonville, let alone a star.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I always find it funny that we as fans can sit here and evaluate these guys and KNOW they'll bust better than scouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom