• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

@mikesilver said:
High-ranking rams source says team was 'puzzled' that Raiders failed Saffold on his physical

I've given you the Raider news. Now, my opinion: Reggie is flailing. It's mornhinwegesque. Petrinoesque. Bad plan, laughable execution.

That's my opinion--and that of many high-ranking officials from other teams. And from some people in Raiders' organization. This is bad.

“@ChrisHansenNFL: .@MikeSilver If Mark "Tommy Boy" Davis is meddling, how's this on McKenzie?” This was Reggie's plan? Saffold for Veldheer?

Everyone in league is laughing at the Raiders now. Really. And somehow it's MY fault? Didn't franchise Veldheer, signed saffold. Now this?

I'm done talking about this (for now). It's self evident. Raider fans deserve better. Horrible night for Mark Davis and Reggie. Duck 4 cover

Dragon

Banned
I haven't played in years but it's one of the first games that comes to mind when I want to replay something and it's probably one of my top 5 games period. My favorite video game story too. I mean tight narratives like TLOU are the true topnotch variety but Xenogears' story is just the most grand, fun, and the overused: epic.

You truly are a man of the sea!

Agreed 100%. Xenogears is over the topic and overly dramatic. But man the music is so fucking good, I love the battle system, and the character development is second to none for the time period.

I'm tempted to fall asleep watching someone play through it.

Dragon

Banned
So Tuck is staying in town to dine with the Raiders. They're going to overpay the fuck out of him aren't they?

I really hope you don't get too upset and pull a Wellington if he leaves. You're a good dude, good dudes don't deserve such pain!

Plus who's going to wear the ridiculous facemask if Tuck isn't there?!

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Your team doesn't give a fuck whether he stays or goes. What a monster.

I tried playing Xenogears a few months back but stopped when you fall into that cave under the sand right after you meet Bart(?). The story seemed really cool but it has aged a little too poorly from me. And this is from a guy who loves Square PS1 RPGs.

Dragon

Banned
I thought collins was better.

Considering how many injuries the Pats had, they're lucky to only have given up 26 points to the Broncos. They got their ass beaten in that game. I hope Belichick has the balls(?!) to play man with Revis and Ryan/Arrington.

I tried playing Xenogears a few months back but stopped when you fall into that cave under the sand right after you meet Bart(?). The story seemed really cool but it has aged a little too poorly from me. And this is from a guy who loves Square PS1 RPGs.

Gameplay and graphics have definitely aged, there's a dungeon where you can get into random battles as you jump from one platform to another, and it'll freeze you where you fall straight down. Definitely clunky. But man, the music and story is awesome. Battles are fun, especially if you don't realize how to game the deathblows system.

You were really early on, it's hard for me to tell you to stick with it but I loved the game.

I really hope you don't get too upset and pull a Wellington if he leaves. You're a good dude, good dudes don't deserve such pain!

Plus who's going to wear the ridiculous facemask if Tuck isn't there?!
I want him to retire a Giant but at the right price. I have no interest in overpaying a near 31 year old DE who can still play the run but feasted on the Skins oline to get those 11sacks last season.

It'll be a 1 day, 6 million dollar contract.

He'll fail the physical when he comes in to sign. ;)

A cards beat writer re-tweeted Mike Silver stating: Mark Davis pulled plug on Saffold deal. Could have had surgery and been ready for training camp. Mark said no.

You truly are a man of the sea!

Agreed 100%. Xenogears is over the topic and overly dramatic. But man the music is so fucking good, I love the battle system, and the character development is second to none for the time period.

I'm tempted to fall asleep watching someone play through it.
The music is amazing and I don't think I had played an RPG with two battle systems before this game so that was pretty neat back then. The story is what truly hooked me beyond all else.

That's too bad, still the early stages where the real plot hadn't even kicked in yet. Game really opens up both in world and story if you press on.

Raiders, it's not to late to save some face by luring Collins away from the Bucs!

Maybe I'll give it a shot this summer. FFXHD and Infamous will be taking up all my gaming time for a while!

Infamous is my next game as well. Will be nice to have something to play on the PS4. Also, if any of you are South Park fans, The Stick of Truth is a mandatory purchase. If you don't like the show, don't touch it even if you like RPGs and it's battle system. The game is steeped in SP culture to an absurd degree, truly a labor of love and not simply SP paint over a generic RPG. Game has some truly funny portions in it.

If I'm the Raiders, now is the time to try and sign Mack to a MASSIVELY front loaded contract. The team is going to suck this year anyways and they are going to have trouble reaching the cap floor, might as well dump a bunch of that money into a good player

squicken

Philbin fucking up in Miami. McKenzie fucking up in Oakland. Remember when these two were the darling FO hires?

I totally drank the Kool-Aid on Reggie. Philbin seemed a little weird on Hard Knocks but I liked the hire in general. But you could also say Stephen Ross and Mark Davis are two of the worst owners in the NFL. It's always hard to know where the issues really are

God I'm hating the eagles moves right now...

Shoulda got Revis or Byrd....Just one of them...I would have been happy.

We are going to have another year of making QBs like Matt Cassel look like Joe Montana.

Browner and Nicks.

Come on Poppa Belichick, I've been a good boy all season.

man yall just got revis, I hate the patriots right now.

Wynnebeck

Banned
It's like Ted Thompson wants Packers fans to die of anticipation at all the fresh FA meat being passed around only to throw a porkchop every now and then to shut us up. No visits scheduled? This organisation mayne.

Patriots7

God I'm hating the eagles moves right now...

Shoulda got Revis or Byrd....Just one of them...I would have been happy.

We are going to have another year of making QBs like Matt Cassel look like Joe Montana.

man yall just got revis, I hate the patriots right now.
We never get nice things (2007 offseason excluded).
We deserve this.

I totally drank the Kool-Aid on Reggie. Philbin seemed a little weird on Hard Knocks but I liked the hire in general. But you could also say Stephen Ross and Mark Davis are two of the worst owners in the NFL. It's always hard to know where the issues really are

To give McKenzie the benefit of the doubt, his complete backtrack on intended moves may mean that Mark Davis is pulling his strings. If that's the case though he's a lame duck so it's back to square one regardless.

Eleuin

It's like Ted Thompson wants Packers fans to die of anticipation at all the fresh FA meat being passed around only to throw a porkchop every now and then to shut us up. No visits scheduled? This organisation mayne.
mike Neal resigned bro

so exciting

Just got home from work, so what's all this about Saffold and why is the sky falling?

Saffold failed his physical. Reports are Davis pulled the plug when Saffold needed surgery, but would have been ready for camp. The Raiders are being trashed as a franchise in turmoil with a meddling owner and an idiot GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom