• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet·
Jermichael Finley is leaving Seattle today & there is mutual interest in him signing with #Seahawks, per source. Waiting for clearance tho

Ummm not sure how I feel about this

Sanjuro

Let me revise then to saying every sport should have a hard cap. Only thing that would save the NBA. The problem is more prevalent in the NBA than the MLB in terms of dominance because you only have 5 guys on the court at one time so buying 3 all stars is enough to completely dominate a game. It doesn't change the fact that the lack of cap in the MLB hurts so many franchises and a team like the Yankees can block these franchises from the opportunity to turn their franchise around. Even with a solid FO and coaching staff you can get short handed and not be able to compete because none of the quality players will come to you when the Yankees are offering them triple what you can afford.

I'm already in agreement that the NBA is off on it's own. Already proven the point that you're very off when comparing MLB/NFL.

Bowser

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReedAP 9m
Just a hunch, but I'd be sort of shocked if WR Hakeem Nicks doesn't end up a Panthers.

pls

24966190_BG1.JPG

Bears on a boat.

jbug617

Banned
Releasing Wilfork the Pats will get $8 million in cap space. $3.6 million is dead money.

Pats should get close to $17-18 million in cap space

Colasante

I hope we're able to get something in a trade for Wilfork, even if it's a late round pick from the Raiders or Texans. Looks like the defensive tackle rotation will be Tommy Kelly, Armond Armstead, Sealver Siliga, and Chris Jones, probably along with a draft addition and a free agency addition. That's not spectacular at this point, but functional.

Sanjuro

I hope we're able to get something in a trade for Wilfork, even if it's a late round pick from the Raiders or Texans. Looks like the defensive tackle rotation will be Tommy Kelly, Armond Armstead, Sealver Siliga, and Chris Jones, probably along with a draft addition and a free agency addition. That's not spectacular at this point, but functional.

I don't see many teams taking the trade. Same with Revis. In both cases, teams don't want to do it, player doesn't want it.

I don't want to see Vince on another team.

137565802_crop_650x440.jpg

I love this man, pure class act.

TheFatOne

Can live without him but it's sad to see him go. Would rather they use that money for a DE.

Colasante

I don't want to see Vince on another team.

137565802_crop_650x440.jpg

I love this man, pure class act.

Me neither. He has been nothing but awesome in his entire time. Now I'm just fearing him going to the Broncos or Seahawks.

Can live without him but it's sad to see him go. Would rather they use that money for a DE.

I agree, Siliga can plug the run at around 70% of Wilfork's effectiveness for much cheaper, but a boost to the pass rush is the biggest priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom