• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Me neither. He has been nothing but awesome in his entire time. Now I'm just fearing him going to the Broncos or Seahawks.

I agree, Siliga can plug the run at around 70% of Wilfork's effectiveness for much cheaper, but a boost to the pass rush is the biggest priority.

Why the Seahawks? We aren't even in your conference.

ParityBit

Uh oh Pats-GAF:

per Rapoport.

Well if your not going to take a restructure, you should be cut as a NT. I would rather use that money on a cover linebacker and more CB/S's. With Mayo in the middle, stopping the run will be just as good.

More #Moooola to spend on free agents

Can't believe Ginn is still in the NFL, worthless bum.

panthers5.gif

Seahawks I could deal with I think, if that makes Vince happy, but for the love of the Baby Jesus, let him stay the fuck away from Denver.

Well if you guys couldn't pay him, I doubt the Broncos could either since I think the remaining cap space for both teams is somewhat similar (actually probably less, cause your current cap space includes his current salary already).

Not to mention the Broncos inside run defense was pretty stout this past year. The Broncos are skimping on Knighton's contract already, so I doubt they'll break the bank to land Vince. That is, of course, he wants to stick it to somebody and play on the cheap, but I dobut that's the case.

Either way, looks like you guys might have a bit of cap space coming up.

Colasante

Why the Seahawks? We aren't even in your conference.

I wouldn't mind seeing him go to the Seahawks, it's just complicated. I think he's worth what the Patriots were going to pay him, but it also made sense for them to ask him to take a pay cut, considering he's 32 and coming off an Achilles' tear. He doesn't care about the money per se, but is prideful and didn't like being asked for a pay cut after all his years of service. I think he'd be willing to take less for a team like the Seahawks, where they'd show him the respect he thinks he deserves and he'd get a shot at another ring. It'd be a bummer to see him take less to play elsewhere, even if I get why he's doing it.

Fox318

You have to assume Rex will be trying his hardest to get him if for no other reason than to get back at the Pats for Revis.

Truthaly he doesn't fit the Jets system.

Plus Vlad Ducasse looked good against him last year so I'd say unless the Raiders are trying to fill a roster spot he is done in the NFL.

Jets need an OLB and not a nose tackle. Its more likely that the Jets draft Micheal Sam in the 6th than Wilfork ever signing here.

Hartt951

Hoping that McCoy has enough pull to bring Steve Smith to SD, but I severely doubt the money is going to work out considering so many teams are after him.

Also, what happened to the big moves that were supposed to be done by the Raiders this morning? Lol, poor Raider Nation.

Sanjuro

I'd love to see Wilfork on the Jets or any of the AFC East teams. Just means that I'll get to see him play more.

Petty fans!

Dragon

Banned
That was the first thing I thought of when signing Revis. Legendary excuse making at it's finest. That was even when Moss was not giving a fuck and just cruising.

The first thing I thought of was hey the Pats made a move for a marquee free agent.

Sanjuro

Even worse coming off an achilles tear

That's what most Patriot fans need to come away with. You increased your cap space, and removed a player who would be dealing with recovering for a very good portion of time.

The down side? I lose my favorite player on the team since Bledsoe.

Yeah that is what worries me. I would say low base high incentives, but I bet some one pays big for him. He is such a dominate player when healthy.

Patriots are trying to win now, Eagles now-ish. He is a good signing for someone as long as you throw him some guaranteed money and a few years on the deal.

eznark

Banned
I thought he and Pryor would go later than most people were mocking them, but seeing what safeties are being paid, seems like 10-15 is the right range

Yup. As soon as FA opened it was pretty clear that Dix was a top 15 pick. Probably top 10 depending on his workouts. I paid no attention to the Bama pro day so don't know if that was positive or negative for him.

David Newton ‏@DNewtonespn 3m
Steve Smith on Sirius radio: "I believe my legacy as a Carolina #Panther exceeds one individual for a short amount of time.'' Wonder who

UFA Steve Smith already throwing sub-shade at Gettleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom