• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

What pass rushers are still available for the Eagles to pick up?

I'm also surprised at how little I have heard about Clemons visiting teams or talking with anyone.

Narag

Eh, growing up in California its not a big deal and I needed the jobs at the time. Even then I found it ridiculous that I could be a raging alcoholic like Ben Roethlesberger and still get a job, but if I take one hit of weed three weeks before a drug test I can't get a job. I actually wonder what the NFLs drug testing policy is like and if they pat you down and check if its real urine.

That was actually covered in that Slow Getting Up book. I'll see if I can dig the page up.

edit: Here you go.

Dlwo328l.png

hf2X89Ul.png

squicken

It astounds me that Stafford has Megatron, a good offensive line, decent TEs and RBs, and yet they have a "need" for a WR2. Oh how the other half live

rando14

So is browner to the pats confirmed? If so congrats pats age, I hope he works out well for yall.

... Meanwhile I'll just sit here trying to stop the bleeding!! Not going too well so far ;_;

_woLf

So is browner to the pats confirmed? If so congrats pats age, I hope he works out well for yall.

... Meanwhile I'll just sit here trying to stop the bleeding!! Not going too well so far ;_;

Doesn't sound like it's going to stop until draft day.

Narag

Staunch it with leftover Super Bowl victory confetti.

Sanjuro

Browner isn't a big chip to be honest, still a gamble, still better experience than most of the guys we have now.

Plus, he has Pete Carroll's secret sauce.

Matthew Stafford
Calvin Johnson
Golden Tate
Mike Evans
Joe Fauria
Reggie Bush
Joique Bell
One of the best and youngest offensive lines in the league
Ndamakung Suh
Nick Fairley
Ziggy Ansah
Darius Slay
DeAndre Levy

I don't think a single one of these studs is above 28 years old. And Mike Evans is the only person not yet on the team (its either Watkins or Evans at #10). Plus added young depth with picks #2-#7.

james-brown-crying-o.gif
I never though best and Detroit Lions O-line would ever be in the same sentence. You also get bonus points for the crying James Brown gif.

Also I should really go ahead and platinum out Lightning Returns then take on Dark Souls 2 #fucktitanfallandxboxone

eznark

Banned
Matthew Stafford
Calvin Johnson

Mike Evans
Joe Fauria
Reggie Bush
Joique Bell
One of the best and youngest offensive lines in the league
Ndamakung Suh
Nick Fairley
Ziggy Ansah
Darius Slay
DeAndre Levy

They had all those things last year and couldn't win a division against Scott Tolzien and Josh McCown. This year the adults will probably play QB in the North. Does Golden Tate make the Lions better than Aaron Rodgers makes the Packers?

Farooq

Banned
I have no idea why Hatcher would go to the Redskins. He had his most productive season as one gap 3 tech. Seattle had interest in him and run similar fronts. They are also the reigning super bowl champs. Why would he go back to playing a 3-4 end? I guess money talks.

Edit: I get it now. Saw an excerpt from a radio interview he did. He is a family man, looking for one last big contract. Redskins offered the most money. Can't blame a man for looking after himself and his family. Just wish it wasn't the Redskins.

Lions fans continue to take all the L's

Fuck the haters I loved the hell outta that game and the story. I love how the 13 series as a whole ended too, I know it's an unpopular opinion but I know I'm not alone on it and I always choose the like what i like regardless of popular opinion.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions re-signing Brandon Pettidrop (I mean Pettigrew) to a 4-year deal.

BigAT

It astounds me that Stafford has Megatron, a good offensive line, decent TEs and RBs, and yet they have a "need" for a WR2. Oh how the other half live

Stafford is going to be confused when Golden Tate shows up.

"Why isn't he 6'5" with a 43-inch vertical like every receiver in the NFL?"

BigAT

The Bills, not content purely with having a poor free agency period, try to fuck up their team even more:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Really? OK. RT @buffalobills: Whaley: #Bills plan to move Kiko Alonso from MLB to OLB.

ShaneB

Hope this doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

I’ve been sharing some of my Madden 08 uploads while I tested out settings and see what works best, and I’m still looking for improvements as the file sizes do tend to be large, but all in all I’ve been happy with the results I’m currently at.

This is week 11 of my Madden 08 PC League I’m playing in. I’m really not that good, so don’t expect flashes of greatness or big plays, but it’s a lot of fun to play, and it’s been fun testing out actually being able to record full games.

So without further ado, here we go. Week 11 – Buccaneers (the other guy) @ Falcons (Me). A very nerve racking game, and very close with a crazy ending. Hope some of you watch and enjoy it a little bit =) All feedback is welcome! FMT, feel free to give me some Madden tips. :p

Madden 08 PC - Buccaneers @ Falcons (me)

Dragon

Banned
Posting from an Amtrak train. Off to NYC for St Paddys.

Epic bar crawls....

Can people stop talking about that fucking game.

Do people forget that the Jets won?

Man you're extra salty about a meaningless game that took place years ago. You're only allowed to cry when you get styled on in a SB by a shitty QB that is the third best athlete in his family and a guy who thought he was possessed by the devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom